GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (15-20-5) vs. Dallas Stars (21-16-2), 7 PM, ESPN+/Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
This has been a sad affair to be a part of live.

Same, feeling sad in 113

My condolences. I've been unable to get to the games since end of Nov, but I certainly wouldn't have expected this kind of total drop off back then. The coyotes loss and the grueling 1 goal losses with nothing to show for it i think really took their toll.

There were about 6-7 games in the span where we should have at least had a point, but somehow found a way to lose.

Tonight they found the way early on and never even bothered after that :(

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My brother said it was “a season low point”, so yeah, not sad to have missed that.

Maybe for a home game, but the Flyers 6-1 loss was pretty bad, so was the Flame loss early in the season where they also gave up four goals in the first period.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Maybe for a home game, but the Flyers 6-1 loss was pretty bad, so was the Flame loss early in the season where they also gave up four goals in the first period.
I was talking home games. Daws gave up 3 goals on 7 shots in Flames game but the score ended up at 5-3. We didn’t come back in time to realistically win but it got more exciting.

The two goalies in that Flames game were Wedgewood & Daws. Both starters were out in 5th game of the season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Someone has to wear goalie equipment and a Devils jersey other than Gillies in games though. Unless you’re suggesting we give Daws another try. (I’m not arguing against that.) It’s tough to see where we scrounge up another goalie, but I sure would like one. Neither AHL rookie is remotely experienced enough for the NHL, it will not go well. (And they both need to play in the AHL.)

Buffalo gets first dibs on the waiver wire and they’re playing Dell tonight against the Sens. Their goalie situation is f***ed too.

I guess they might stick with the crap they have but it depends on when all the Sabres goalies are scheduled to get off IR. They have four goalies on there currently.
I do think Daws deserves another chance. He's had one good NHL game in just two starts, I know it was against the Sabres, but they scored three goals on Blackwood when he played them.

I didn't think Schmid had a chance on anything tonight, but he's had his faults in a couple of the previous games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad