Your Message to MSL

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't think Yzerman would be that bitter. Besides what better way to show you're the bigger man figuratively as well as literally? I'm for making amends. Maybe later rather than sooner, but Marty is a huge and important part of our history for a team that doesn't have much. We can't afford to spurn it completely.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I don't think Yzerman would be that bitter. Besides what better way to show you're the bigger man figuratively as well as literally? I'm for making amends. Maybe later rather than sooner, but Marty is a huge and important part of our history for a team that doesn't have much. We can't afford to spurn it completely.

in words of friends steve was madder then they ever saw him in life thats a lot of years a lot of federov nonsense among other things i think hes probably still pretty bitter on his captain leaving forcing a one team trade during a cup run

so yeah there is that lol

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sure you heard, MSL is not going back to the Rangers, both parties have no interest. Bascially there was a quote saying that he did not appreciate how he was used in the playoffs as one of the reasons for him parting ways.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Sure you heard, MSL is not going back to the Rangers, both parties have no interest. Bascially there was a quote saying that he did not appreciate how he was used in the playoffs as one of the reasons for him parting ways.

Words are failing me. He stunk in the playoffs, awful.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I know he's always had a chip on his shoulder but it's turning into just whining and blaming everyone else for everything. That's sad for a guy that's done so much for himself through sheer will.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's funny how things work, last year he was the co called hero and perhaps one of the reasons the Rangers got to the finals, this year he was one of the reasons they did not get to the finals or has been one of the major scape goats. Karma basically played it's hand, and Tampa fans have to be happy with how things turned out. We got ourselves an EC championship, we fell short of the cup, but beating the Rangers in the ECF was the next best thing, imo.

For myself, I'm happy MSL will be gone from the Rangers, and Cally will continue to enter MSG long after MSL is gone, and for every ****ing goal he scores against them, they will be reminded of what kind of player they lost to enter into a win it now mode and also trade part of their future away only to come up short, and even take a step back this year.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
If he wants a 1 day'r then we want a cup. Only then could that ever happen because SFY would truly have the last laugh.

Best of all? They should raise the new cup banner on the same night ;)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
MSL is someone who can't be pleased, and it's always someone else's fault. That's a great attitude if you're a young hockey player trying to prove yourself; not so much if you're a declining star.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
He's turning into a grumpy old man.

91sn32Q.jpg

He goes to the Penguins and I'll have to take his jersey off the wall and stuff it into the furthest corner of my closet.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I could see him join the Devils. Not too far away from where he is now and they've been a good home for the elderly lately (Jagr, Elias, Zubrus, Salvador...).

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I could see him join the Devils. Not too far away from where he is now and they've been a good home for the elderly lately (Jagr, Elias, Zubrus, Salvador...).

No no no. I've already seen enough St. Louis ranger stuff in stores the past year. I don't want to see it on Devils stuff now.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/06/30/on-penguins-and-semin-comeau-and-more/

• Don’t expect the Penguins to pursue Martin St. Louis, a future Hall of Famer and one of the biggest names on the market. Two items have the Penguins hesitant to make an offer: He scored only one goal in 19 postseason games this spring, and at 39, obviously, isn’t the player he once was. Many in the Penguins’ organization thought St. Louis looked noticeably slower this spring, which is likely going to stop them from making an offer, even though they’d like as much skill at wing as possible. The other problem? St. Louis’ attitude. Some in the organization have heard through the grapevine that St. Louis became a problem in the Rangers’ locker room during the playoffs, as he apparently wasn’t pleased with the lack of playing time he received. You’ll also recall that St. Louis’ departure out of Tampa Bay didn’t exactly come across as flattering. Put it all together, and it appears quite likely the Penguins will pass.

Pittsburgh no longer interested in MSL, might be considering retirement. Devils likely the only suitor. Getting ugly. I understand this guy helped win a cup for Tampa and will be in the HOF, but he is a ****ing cancer.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
The thing is, he always had a chip on his shoulder. It made him awesome, he busted his ass. But that chip turned into a sense of entitlement. That entitlement isn't working out so well for him.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bolt Prospects ‏@BoltProspects 20s21 seconds ago
MacLean says there was an issue between Marty and young players while Marty was in TB.

Kucherov?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Crap you're fast dude. Was just coming to post this.

Wonder what the issues were, or if we should believe this or not. Personal feelings aside, I kinda thought his teammates in Tampa adored MSL.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
MacLean says there was an issue between Marty and young players while Marty was in TB.

Kucherov?

Always got a vibe Bishop and him weren't huge fans of each other. If I recall correctly, Bishop seemed to take some subliminal shots at him on his way out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Always got a vibe Bishop and him weren't huge fans of each other. If I recall correctly, Bishop seemed to take some subliminal shots at him on his way out.

Yeah, Bish did.

You never know what's happening behind the scenes. The kids coming out of Norfolk very likely saw this team as their own almost immediately, because it was their coach and their system in place. It's hard to say what they thought about Marty, and it's hard to say how Marty treated them, given what we know about Marty's attitude and his frame of mind around then.

emg0827

Apr 4, 2015

Kucherov?

What happened with him and Kucherov?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What happened with him and Kucherov?

There was a thing near the end of Marty's tenure when Kucherov missed an open net. It's a little hard to remember now, but I THINK there's a shot of Marty berating him a little bit (or maybe it was just an angry look). The poetic justice came when MSL's lost shot as a TB Lightning was a missed open net.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
There was a thing near the end of Marty's tenure when Kucherov missed an open net. It's a little hard to remember now, but I THINK there's a shot of Marty berating him a little bit (or maybe it was just an angry look). The poetic justice came when MSL's lost shot as a TB Lightning was a missed open net.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the captain giving you a scolding or a look if you fail to execute. Kuch has to man up in that situation and take his lashing. Not that I think you should berate a player when he would already be doing it to himself but a leader isn't a leader by saying nothing.

Idk... I just personally have no issue if someone scolds me when I **** up because I often feel like I deserve it. It's always different for others.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the captain giving you a scolding or a look if you fail to execute. Kuch has to man up in that situation and take his lashing. Not that I think you should berate a player when he would already be doing it to himself but a leader isn't a leader by saying nothing.

Guess it depends on what level it was. Missing an open net sucks, but it's generally not the grounds for a chewing out. If it was just a look, cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad