Your Message to MSL

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We got our payback. I suspect now the wounds will heal and Marty will enter the hall as a bolt. Maybe not as beloved as he once was but I will always have respect for martys tenure here.. not so much what he did at the end but that cup wasnt here if it weren't for him.

Is Marty a dick? Yeah, but that's what made him the player he always was here.

This. Dude had a chip on his shoulder the whole time. In the end it shouldn't have surprised us.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Thanks for the memories. Except the last one.

Hope you get to watch us win the cup without you. Just think.... You could have been the first one to lift it.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'm pretty over the whole St. Louis thing by now. It was a huge slap in the face when he demanded the trade being probably my favourite player of all time. He was one of the guys who made me a Lightning fan in the first place. Now it's just pretty sad to see him. The age has finally caught up with him and now he's hated by most of the Lightning and Rangers fans.

What could've been. He really shot himself in the foot with that stunt he pulled off.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Marty you messed up bad. You request a trade from the only team to give you a chance and where the fans loved you as if you were family and you stab them all in the back. Including your teammates who followed you. You pretty much dropped your pants and took a gigantic dump on your team and fans.

But karma stabbed you right back where it hurt most.

You lost. You lost in the finals last year. You lost this year to the team you turned your back on. You lost your greatest fans. You lost the opportunity to be named the best Lightning ever. All because your GM was the GM of team Canada that didn't select you right away.

You got what you wanted in your participation on team Canada and won a gold medal even though you rarely played. You got your request for trade fulfilled but the cost was greater than the prize you believe you got.

I love you for what you did for this team. I will never forget your goals in overtime in the playoffs. Specifically game six vs the Flames. The way you left we will never forgive you. I hope you realize what was lost and can figure out a way to win us back. Maybe it was all part of your plan. Maybe you realized that we would play NY in the east finals and you just played the way you did to give us the edge to go to the finals. Maybe you knew the return would be too great to pass up. You are after all at the end of your career. You knew we would get Callahan and he would recruit your former teammates in Stralman and Boyle and the extra first rounder would give us the opportunity to trade for Coburn.

But I doubt it. Retire and watch repeats of last nights game seven until that's all you see.

Sincerely,
Drouin2Stamkos

P.S. Go Bolts!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
No issues with Marty, he helped us a lot :)

images

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I would tell him...
"You are legend, thanks for everything you did to our franchise... including demanding that trade. Enjoy your retirement with your family"

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The team moved on. It's an entirely different feel than when he was here. It happened, it sucked, it's over.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I couldn't believe he had the gall to say the Rags gave him a better chance to win. With a healthy Bishop and him still here, we'd have at least snuck into the second round last year. But then again, we wouldn't have Stralman, Boyle and Cally now, what a huge favor he did us. Not to mention the two firsts. I'll give Yzerman credit, he turned a turn into a lobster roll.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
No one thinks he did it all on purpose?

For he so loved Tampa Bay, that he demanded a trade, for the betterment of all the Lightning.

:sarcasm:

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Marty you messed up bad. You request a trade from the only team to give you a chance and where the fans loved you as if you were family and you stab them all in the back. Including your teammates who followed you. You pretty much dropped your pants and took a gigantic dump on your team and fans.

But karma stabbed you right back where it hurt most.

You lost. You lost in the finals last year. You lost this year to the team you turned your back on. You lost your greatest fans. You lost the opportunity to be named the best Lightning ever. All because your GM was the GM of team Canada that didn't select you right away.

You got what you wanted in your participation on team Canada and won a gold medal even though you rarely played. You got your request for trade fulfilled but the cost was greater than the prize you believe you got.

I love you for what you did for this team. I will never forget your goals in overtime in the playoffs. Specifically game six vs the Flames. The way you left we will never forgive you. I hope you realize what was lost and can figure out a way to win us back. Maybe it was all part of your plan. Maybe you realized that we would play NY in the east finals and you just played the way you did to give us the edge to go to the finals. Maybe you knew the return would be too great to pass up. You are after all at the end of your career. You knew we would get Callahan and he would recruit your former teammates in Stralman and Boyle and the extra first rounder would give us the opportunity to trade for Coburn.

But I doubt it. Retire and watch repeats of last nights game seven until that's all you see.

Sincerely,
Drouin2Stamkos

P.S. Go Bolts!

:clap::clap::clap:

That may be the best post I have ever read on HF. Now go take out the Hawks......PLEASE!

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for all you've done for this franchise and the effort and commitment you gave us while you were a fully committed member of this team.

After everything, I'm glad you requested a trade. Because ultimately, I don't think this team would be where they're at with you leading the way.

Thanks and bye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad