Your Message to MSL

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
If you had the chance to write a message and give to to the midget, what would it say?

I think mine would say something along the lines of "Yes, mmm, your tears are delicious."

image.jpg

What would you tell him?

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010

"No one ever means for these things to happen. But the king is dead. And if it weren't for you, he'd still be alive." - Bolts fans and Rangers fans
"What am I gonna do?" - Marty
"Run away. RUN RUN AWAY AND NEVER RETURN" - Bolts fans and Rangers fans

Can't write this ****.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010

"No one ever means for these things to happen. But the king is dead. And if it weren't for you, he'd still be alive." - Bolts fans and Rangers fans
"What am I gonna do?" - Marty
"Run away. RUN RUN AWAY AND NEVER RETURN" - Bolts fans and Rangers fans

Can't write this ****.

Seriously though, I was open to him signing one of those retirement contracts with the Lightning so he could retire as a Bolt but now I am not open to that.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Enjoy your retirement in Connecticut, until you continue follow in Benedict Arnold's footsteps and go back to your home country, as the USA is not home.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Damn you guys are fickle/bitter. Just enjoy what Marty did for the franchise (best player in franchise history) and enjoy the finals birth. :laugh:

It's not that simple. He agreed to become the CAPTAIN and then demanded a trade 6 months later. Plus, he demanded a trade to only one team, which should've screwed us.

The Camera Eye

Nov 4, 2006
Sainte-Catherine
It's not that simple. He agreed to become the CAPTAIN and then demanded a trade 6 months later. Plus, he demanded a trade to only one team, which should've screwed us.

Well the trade worked out quite well. Plus...I know the trade demand sucked and all, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt to the player (especially one that busted his ass for the same franchise for so long) because sometimes there are legit issues that are family or business related. It seems Marty thought he was doing the right family move at the time. Can't necessarily fault a man for that...but alas, that's only one man's opinion :laugh: ... when obviously most Lightning fans don't see it the same way. But I followed the team closely between 03-10 and Marty was such a good citizen and such a fan favourite, it's a shame he gets a bad rep now.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
His ego got the better of him and he forced his way out in the worst way possible. It probably cost us a pretty good chance last season.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Eh, nothing needs to be said that hasn't been said already, but it feels damn good to be on the winning side of this series.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sad to see him having declined so fast. He was truly a non-factor all series - except for his giveaway to Tyler Johnson. Karma? Maybe.

Either way I'm over it now. Some day his # will hang from the rafters and I'll proudly remember the good things he's done as part of this franchise.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
thanks for Callahan and the draft picks! also thanks for stralman and boyle because I'm sure Callahan sold them on tampa bay! I guess I can thank him for Coburn as well yzerman made that deal because we had that extra first rounder!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Sad to see him having declined so fast. He was truly a non-factor all series - except for his giveaway to Tyler Johnson. Karma? Maybe.

Either way I'm over it now. Some day his # will hang from the rafters and I'll proudly remember the good things he's done as part of this franchise.

I don't think it was Karma - I think it was the Yzerplan.

But in all seriousness, that's one of the reasons I could never get rid of his jersey or anything like that. It won't happen immediately, but someday I'm going to frame that jersey and hang it on my wall and look back fondly at the time he was here. He's never going to be my favorite Lightning player ever again - when you ask out the way he did you lose that - but I still love what he did for the franchise. After #4 is up there, I wouldn't mind seeing 26 shortly after.

This series was VERY cathartic though.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Your trade request will go down with Vinik purchasing the Lightning and the hiring of Yzerman as one of the best off ice things to happen to the Lightning. Thank you.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
THANK YOU

For all that you did here, for that trade, and for your performance this series. ;)

Seriously though, retire and all is forgiven, I've got open arms waiting for you and I want to see your number up there.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Time will heal the wound between the Bolts/MSL. In 10 years he'll be remembered for his accomplishments, with the trade being a footnote.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
We got our payback. I suspect now the wounds will heal and Marty will enter the hall as a bolt. Maybe not as beloved as he once was but I will always have respect for martys tenure here.. not so much what he did at the end but that cup wasnt here if it weren't for him.

Is Marty a dick? Yeah, but that's what made him the player he always was here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad