Your lineup 22/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 331730
  • Start date

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Who knows. They could use a shake up right about now. They may feel he's redundant with a couple other rats on the team and maybe just see him as found money. Poile isn't a dummy so we probably wouldn't steal him but it wouldn't cost a fortune either.
It's hard for me to imagine that they would be interested in trading him, he looks like a Tom Wilson 2.0 to them now, probably it would be very expensive.

Reactions: Jacob582

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It's hard for me to imagine that they would be interested in trading him, he looks like a Tom Wilson 2.0 to them now, probably it would be very expensive.
Ok guy. What do you think it would take? He's also a bottom 6 player for Nashville that has some holes to fill to eek out a wc spot. Most likely they'll want roster players... Miller will be healthy for the stretch, they could use more depth at forward...

I also don't think he's THAT highly regarded because again, he's not the only guy on the team that can mix it up and get under appositions skin.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Ok guy. What do you think it would take? He's also a bottom 6 player for Nashville that has some holes to fill to eek out a wc spot. Most likely they'll want roster players... Miller will be healthy for the stretch, they could use more depth at forward...

I also don't think he's THAT highly regarded because again, he's not the only guy on the team that can mix it up and get under appositions skin.
To be honest, I have no idea what it will take, probably Preds fans could answer this question better. I just think logically. He is 24 years old, he is their most physical player, he can play on the third line and has already scored 15 + 14 in 50 games, he can fight, this is a very good summary. Nashville is in the playoff race, it's not Arizona where they might consider trading a player like that as they rebuild. I think they'd rather trade a guy like Kunin than Jeannot. It is unlikely that they would be interested in getting a late first for him. Olofsson? I doubt it too.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Olofsson-Mittelstadt-Kane
Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Peterka-Krebs-Quinn
Wood-Cozens-Okposo
Girgensons

Dahlin-Murphy
Power-Jokiharju
Samuelsson-Mayfield

Varlamov
UPL
:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Traded: Asplund, return for our rentals, Laaksonen, Johnson, FLA 1st, Vegas 1st, Conditional 2nd 2023 (becomes 1st if we make the playoffs)

Yes I went full Murray but we have so much young talent on the team that we should survive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Team Cozens

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Although I do like Crouse and would love to add him, I am not using one of the 1st to get him. Rather use it to get a veteran RHD.
I'd probably trade our latest 1st for crouse personally. I'm also not sure what RHD vet dman will actually be available for the cost of our lower 1st pick...I'm all ears to suggestions though to displace my crouse idea.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I'd probably trade our latest 1st for crouse personally. I'm also not sure what RHD vet dman will actually be available for the cost of our lower 1st pick...I'm all ears to suggestions though to displace my crouse idea.
Well it definitely would be a 1st+ for a RHD vet with some term in todays market but just a first glance that trade doesn't meet the Sabres biggest need right now and IDK if the coyotes are necessarily looking to have a late first when they already have 3 1st round picks (MTL,Theirs and COL) and 5 2nd round picks in this years draft. I'd assume they would want players who are NHL ready or top prospects.

As for suggestions, I really don't have any but I know RHD and goaltending is a bigger priority. And I agree I LOVE Lawson Crouse's game and would love to have his type of grit and toughness in our lineup but there are other things I'd rather Kevyn Adams accomplish first than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJN21

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
To be honest, I have no idea what it will take, probably Preds fans could answer this question better. I just think logically. He is 24 years old, he is their most physical player, he can play on the third line and has already scored 15 + 14 in 50 games, he can fight, this is a very good summary. Nashville is in the playoff race, it's not Arizona where they might consider trading a player like that as they rebuild. I think they'd rather trade a guy like Kunin than Jeannot. It is unlikely that they would be interested in getting a late first for him. Olofsson? I doubt it too.
Oh yeah you're right teams only trade shitty players. Let's not pretend he's some sort of untouchable. Actually sounds like you never even heard of him before I brought it up but please drop some more knowledge on the situation.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Oh yeah you're right teams only trade shitty players. Let's not pretend he's some sort of untouchable. Actually sounds like you never even heard of him before I brought it up but please drop some more knowledge on the situation.
Of course not, but you go and ask in Preds thread what they want for Jeannot. I think he's not untouchable, but I don't think you'll like the price.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I would trade a 1st to get rid of Bjork.

Late 1st
Bjork
Pick/prospect

For

Lawson Crouse

We should bury him in Rochester, I don't think any team wants him at 1.6.

Maybe at half retention he could get a 6th round pick. Maybe. He is an acceptable 14th forward.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Matt Murray has turned it around in Ottawa? I thought he could be a sneaky/sleeper off season add.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
We should bury him in Rochester, I don't think any team wants him at 1.6.

Maybe at half retention he could get a 6th round pick. Maybe. He is an acceptable 14th forward.
Toronto just traded Ritchie and got a decent D for late 2nd. I think we could also get rid of Bjork in some sort of deal.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Just looking through the rosters...Ethan Bear is a player I've always enjoyed watching, he is 3rd pair on Carolina but is an RFA due for a raise. I think he has "break-out" (as in decent 2nd pair) potential. A defense first kind of guy, not big, good shot blocker.

We could take the Jake Gardiner contract.

Carolina has a lot of money to spend on RFAs, so Bear/Gardiner for FCs, and just bury Gardiner in Rochester.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Just looking through the rosters...Ethan Bear is a player I've always enjoyed watching, he is 3rd pair on Carolina but is an RFA due for a raise. I think he has "break-out" (as in decent 2nd pair) potential. A defense first kind of guy, not big, good shot blocker.

We could take the Jake Gardiner contract.

Carolina has a lot of money to spend on RFAs, so Bear/Gardiner for FCs, and just bury Gardiner in Rochester.
I'm not even sure Bear will be worth much even if we don't take Gardiner's contract.
E7ZJSsxX0AQYDzf.jpg
bearvs.barrie.png

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Re: Bear, he's definitely *worth* another 2 year, 2 million per contract. As an RFA, I guess we would go 2x2.5. It's one of those like-the-player things and maybe there's a big upside, and maybe he can flourish in the right spot. Wonder what our analytics nerds think of him.

See if he can pair well with Dahlin or Power, and worst case it's a solid 3rd pairing RHD. 2.5 per is an overpay, but doesn't matter the next 2 years.

Carolina has a couple of Russians, Guslistov and Nikishin. Add one of those two. Or both if we can swing it.

Deleted member 331730

Ya, although it should have been called ‘ plug in our prospects in the spots of free agents and continue to be shitty’. What’s the fun in that?

Prospects yes, free agents no

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015
What about????

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Krebs - Cozens - Quinn
Olofson - Mitts - Trochek (UFA)
JJP - Girgs - Okposo
Murray/Asplund

Power - Savard (Trade)
Dahlin - Joki
Samuelsson - Pysyk
Bryson

UPL/Talbot (Trade) or Holtby (UFA)

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What about????

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Krebs - Cozens - Quinn
Olofson - Mitts - Trochek (UFA)
JJP - Girgs - Okposo
Murray/Asplund

Power - Savard (Trade)
Dahlin - Joki
Samuelsson - Pysyk
Bryson

UPL/Talbot (Trade) or Holtby (UFA)
I see a wild card in Savard, or he has finally fallen off the cliff and it will be bad, or he can improve, but I'm not sure. It is also unlikely that Power will play the minutes of the first pair and it is unlikely that we will sign Trochek.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Nashville fan here. Jeannot has been a fan favorite since day one, he's 6th in the entire league for hits and 2nd amongst rookies in goals, all while playing limited minutes.
We've been looking for a power forward like him since we were forced to trade Hartnell before his 30-30-60 season. He's pretty much the player we wanted Colin Wilson to be when we picked him at 7th.

Tage Thompson would have to come back for it to make sense for us.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Nashville fan here. Jeannot has been a fan favorite since day one, he's 6th in the entire league for hits and 2nd amongst rookies in goals, all while playing limited minutes.
We've been looking for a power forward like him since we were forced to trade Hartnell before his 30-30-60 season. He's pretty much the player we wanted Colin Wilson to be when we picked him at 7th.

Tage Thompson would have to come back for it to make sense for us.
Thanks, that's what I was talking about.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I’ll post a line up another time, but I would love to add Ondrej Palat this summer. Give Tampa a decent young player - maybe Joker and a pick as they looking thinner at D than F.

immediate top6 forward who can put up 60 points. Insulate Cozens with him on the wing.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I’ll post a line up another time, but I would love to add Ondrej Palat this summer. Give Tampa a decent young player - maybe Joker and a pick as they looking thinner at D than F.

immediate top6 forward who can put up 60 points. Insulate Cozens with him on the wing.
You can get it for free, because Palat UFA at the end of the season. I think if we're trading Jokiharju then it would probably make sense if it was Jokiharju+ for a proven top 4 RD with term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad