Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Oloffson
Quinn-Mittelstadt-Gallagher
Asplund-Girgensons-Okposo
Murray

Dahlin-Jokiharju
Power-Petry
Samuelsson-Pysyk
Bryson-Fitzgerald (who also gets F spins if needed)

Holtby
Luukkonen

Signed Holtby at 2-years for $3.75 M, deal a couple picks and Laaksonen to the Habs for Petry and Gallagher, sign Olofsson to 3 years for $4.75M, Pysyk gets 2-years, $1.75M. That puts them firmly over the cap floor ($65M), adds some veteran presence and jam in Petry/Gallagher, gives them a 1B to split time with UPL.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Oloffson
Murray

Dahlin-Jokiharju
Power-Petry
Samuelsson-Pysyk

Holtby
Luukkonen

Signed Holtby at 2-years for $3.75 M, deal a couple picks and Laaksonen to the Habs for Petry and Gallagher, sign Olofsson to 3 years for $4.75M, Pysyk gets 2-years, $1.75M. That puts them firmly over the cap floor ($65M), adds some veteran presence and jam in Petry/Gallagher, gives them a 1B to split time with UPL.
Gallagher is a bit of a lottery with this contract, if it doesn't work, this one will be another bad contract for six years.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Oloffson
Murray

Dahlin-Jokiharju
Power-Petry
Samuelsson-Pysyk

Holtby
Luukkonen

I wonder how much more you'd have to give to get Anderson instead of Gallagher. Younger, 1M less for the same term, brings more jam. I have to think Montreal would rather move Gallagher though for much the same reason...

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Wouldn't it be better to just overpay for Strome? Which I think is what they're going to try and do anyway.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Skinner-Mitts-Tuch
Asplund-Thompson-Olofsson
xxx-Cozens-xxx
Girgs-Krebs-Okposo
xxx xxx

Dahlin-xxx
Xxx-Joki
Power-Fitzgerald
xxx

xxx
UPL

Others under contract Bryson and Bjork not counted in salaries

Salaries above around $48M

They acquire RD, SG, and F for about $10M-$12M. The other spots can go to younger players
7D should be a vet RD

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Skinner-Krebs/Mitts-Tuch
Krebs/Mitts-Thompson-Olofsson
Quinn-Cozens-Peterka
Girgensons-?-Okposo
Asplund
(Bury Bjork in the minors where he belongs)

Dahlin-?
Samuelsson-Jokiharju
Power-?
Bryson

?
Luukkonen

Weirdly, considering we recently traded our 2 best forwards, I actually like that forward group and wouldn't tinker too much there this summer. We've got a lot of young guys ready to grow into bigger roles up front. On the blue line and in net, we definitely need to go out and get some extra help.

Reactions: Fjordy

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Krebs - Cozens - Olofsson
Peterka - Mittelstadt - Quinn
Girgensons - Asplund - Okposo
Jankowski, Murray

Dahlin - X
Power - Y/Jokiharju
Samuelsson - Y/Jokiharju
Bryson

Z
UPL

There's basically three holes on the roster.

X is probably going to be via trade - i don't like the FA options.

Y is probably another trade bit someone like Pysyk could be an option if it's a more limited role.

Z - I'd be tempted to throw Campbell absolutely stupid money on a short term deal. Three years max. I'm not sure he'd take that though. More realistic option might be a guy like Varlamov from NYI.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Oloffson
Murray

Dahlin-Jokiharju
Power-Petry
Samuelsson-Pysyk

Holtby
Luukkonen

Yeah I don't know if you have to take on Gallagher to get Petry. I don't think MON will have that sort of leverage.

I understand the need for vet presence going into next year but Paterka will be difficult to hold down. I don't see him as being the kind of young guy that will play himself back down to Rochester.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I hope they look at teams with cap issues to try and make some moves.

On Minnesota, you have Nico Sturm as a young value UFA that could fill a role as a 4th line center who is OK on the dot. And you have Goligoski that you can sign to a 1-2 year deal and has the ability to play on the right side. He might not be the worst guy to have with Power in his rookie year.

A big swing there would be giving up a big package for Fiala and Dumba. Or if it is just Dumba, maybe Jokiharju+VO...

Vegas is another team that will continue to have cap issues. Shea Theodore would be the dream guy to bring in. But, Whitecloud and Brossoit are two guys that maybe could be available and could fit here.

The dream move would be prying Cirelli out of TB. I would offer up the VGK 1st and Mitts and maybe more to plug him in as the other top 9 center with TnT and Cozens.

In goal, they have to get Levi signed and then add some more guys into the mix. Campbell and Husso would be the prime targets for me if you can get them on a 2-3 year deal.

I wouldn't be upset with the second tier guys like Lindgren and Francouz or a vet like Holtby.

I also look at Garret Sparks as a really good AHL mentor for the young guys.

So, something like this:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Okposo
Peterka-[x]-Quinn
Girgensons-Sturm-Asplund
Murray-Biro

Dahlin-Dumba
Power-Goligoski
Samuelsson-Fitzgerald
Bryson

[y]
UPL
Sparks
Levi
Houser

x - Hopefully Cirelli, but likely Mitts
y- Hopefulkly Campbell on a 2-3 year deal, but likely a guy like Holtby

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

On Minnesota, you have Nico Sturm as a young value UFA that could fill a role as a 4th line center who is OK on the dot. And you have Goligoski that you can sign to a 1-2 year deal and has the ability to play on the right side. He might not be the worst guy to have with Power in his rookie year.

A big swing there would be giving up a big package for Fiala and Dumba. Or if it is just Dumba, maybe Jokiharju+VO...

Vegas is another team that will continue to have cap issues. Shea Theodore would be the dream guy to bring in. But, Whitecloud and Brossoit are two guys that maybe could be available and could fit here.

The dream move would be prying Cirelli out of TB. I would offer up the VGK 1st and Mitts and maybe more to plug him in as the other top 9 center with TnT and Cozens.

In goal, they have to get Levi signed and then add some more guys into the mix. Campbell and Husso would be the prime targets for me if you can get them on a 2-3 year deal.

I wouldn't be upset with the second tier guys like Lindgren and Francouz or a vet like Holtby.

So, something like this:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Okposo
Peterka-[x]-Quinn
Girgensons-Sturm-Asplund
Murray-Biro

Dahlin-Dumba
Power-Goligoski
Samuelsson-Fitzgerald
Bryson

[y]
UPL
Sparks
Levi
Houser

I really like this one but i don't think Cirelli is realistic.

If you're going that route - what about one super futures trade for Cirelli & Cernak?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I really like this one but i don't think Cirelli is realistic.

If you're going that route - what about one super futures trade for Cirelli & Cernak?

I doubt Cirelli is realistic, either. The crazy scenario would be an OS on 7/1/2023 which would cost the Sabres picks in 2024 and beyond.

I just think that Adams needs to look at teams like Vegas, Minnesota, and TB for guys like Tuch that played down the lineup and could be someone that pops when given a bigger role.

And I like Cirelli as a ROR 2.0 type move.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

So, something like this:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Okposo
Peterka-[x]-Quinn
Girgensons-Sturm-Asplund
Murray-Biro

Dahlin-Dumba
Power-Goligoski
Samuelsson-Fitzgerald
Bryson

[y]
UPL
Sparks
Levi
Houser

Loved Sturm coming out as a UDFA and he stepped right into that role in Minny. That said, it's probably Fiala and not Dumba who gets moved for cap relief this summer.

Whitecloud has one of the best deals for what he provides in the league. His fancy stats are fabulous. He was another UDFA who was easy to love coming out of the NCAA. Dadanov remains the likely piece jettisoned from the Knights and they may not retain Smith. That solves most of their issues going into next year. Theodore... there is just no way they trade their #1 d-man.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I doubt Cirelli is realistic, either. The crazy scenario would be an OS on 7/1/2023 which would cost the Sabres picks in 2024 and beyond.

I just think that Adams needs to look at teams like Vegas, Minnesota, and TB for guys like Tuch that played down the lineup and could be someone that pops when given a bigger role.

And I like Cirelli as a ROR 2.0 type move.

With the OS we'd be opening ourselves up for revenge on Dahlin/Power plus a bunch of our good young forwards. This is a direction I'd have gone with the Eichel/Risto/Reinhart core but not right now. You would have thought TB would prefer the trade route too - they get to choose their futures & control their destiny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad