Your likely 2023-24 Scapegoat

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Brad Treliving

Huberdeau, Kadri, and Huska also inspire as much excitement as watching paint dry right now

Reactions: Fig

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Charlie Coyle. He's stepping in for Bergeron. I think there's an implied expectation for him and I don't think there's any way he will come close to being what Bergeron was both offensively and defensively.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think by Christmas the Bruins will be calling Calgary about Lindholm if he hasn't signed.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I like Terry

But first year as “the guy” in effect, may cause a slow start and a lot of whining

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I’d actually say Cirelli. Jeannot’s acquisition cost was large but I think expectations are pretty reasonable for him. Cirelli is a great defensive center who is being paid like a great two-way center and with further losses to scoring depth he really needs to rediscover his offense; if he doesn’t the Bolts are in trouble.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jack Campbell for my Oilers. I hope I'm wrong and he is great but the second a weak goal gets by him it will get ugly.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
if Zacha/Coyle don’t cut it I think Sweeney will get the blame more than the players. Heinen is always a favorite whipping boy, but I think Frederic is the answer. He will be counted on to drive the third line instead of being the third wheel on it. Unlike Zacha and especially Coyle this shouldn’t be asking too much from him so if he doesn’t deliver…
I'm in shock that it's still Zacha at the 1C spot.. that won't work. I like Zacha and think he's a fine player but he's not a 1C. His peak (which he's hitting) would be a 1W and a 2C .. and that is assuming he keeps improving and builds on last year.

Reactions: wintersej

WreckedUm

Damn near killed ‘em
Nov 25, 2018
DeBrusk

Can see him regressing and facing criticism for it then demanding a trade.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I assume this is for playoff failures ?

He seems to be really good in the regular season, but disappears come playoff time, or am I missing something?

Regular season is not the issue but when you have 2 assists in 7 playoff games. That’s the concern.

As per Strome, sometimes I feel he cannot hit water even if he fell out of a boat. He suffered the most with Eakins system last year so want to give him a pass. Will see how he does this coming season.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
One quarter of the Leafs fanbase will blame Marner for everything. Another quarter will blame Klingberg. Another quarter will blame Treliving (I'll probably end up in that group). The final quarter will continue to blame Dubas.

Krimson

Oct 6, 2011
If he stays on the 4th like he’s expected to be it won’t be as bad.

My pick is Jarry
Fair, but I don’t think where he plays matters. He could be a healthy scratch most nights and the fan base will still crush him because of the contract Hextall signed him to.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
For the Oilers I feel like the goalies will get a lot of heat if they both are bad. If one is good then it won't be a goalie. At least with a goalie if they are bad there is a good chance they just won't play

I'd say if one of the aging top forwards plays weak they could be a scapegoat pretty quick.

Bouchard could get picked on too if he doesn't play with Ekholm and shows more warts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad