Your likely 2023-24 Scapegoat

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Flyers fans will be able to use this as an excuse, legitimately, for at least 5-6 seasons probably, starting this year. Buckle up boys, gonna be a long road back.
I'm talking about the Wild, who have Parise and Suter's cap hits through 2029. At least after 2025, it goes from 15 million in wasted money to less than 2. Can't blame any Flyers fans who feel the same way though. Hey, he seems like a nice guy.

Reactions: Cromster

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Based on our luck with UFA signings, Soucey/Cole could well turn into the next Poolman/Stillman and Blueger/Suter could well turn into the next Lazar/Dickinson.

Or, Hronek could turn out to be an injury-riddled failure.

The field is wide open!

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Kadri then markstrom probably. I dont think ive ever disliked a flame as much as kadri, that shitty effort he gave down the strtch of a playoff run was actually disgusting.

Reactions: Right Wing

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Oilers ? Hmmm from history it could be any offensively gifted player that is slightly weak on defense we will regret running out of town.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Given where fans were slotting him into the lineup after he signed with the Panthers, I'll nominate Rodriguez.

Ekblad is always an option, but he'll be out for a while.

Reactions: bh53

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Canucks: Jim Elmer Benning.
Until further notice.

Yeah. I think Benning is pretty locked in as the Canucks permanent scapegoat for a long time to come.

In terms of specific players...Probably still Myers, Boeser is a likely candidate, the new UFA signings could all end up there, as could Hronek because of the price paid for him. I think Pius Suter is probably safe for the most part, because he's got that nice JFresh card or whatever, so even if he sucks...a lot of fans will probably turn a blind eye to it and put them blame on someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00