Your likely 2023-24 Scapegoat

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Who on your team do you have pegged as your team's prospective official whipping boy?

Flames have some strong candidates. Kadri would be my early favourite but Huberdeau or Markstrom might have a say about that if they don't bounce back in a big way. Also a first year HC is never a bad bet.

Who do you think is most likely to be blamed for everything?

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
The Knights are due a Cup hangover, so I can see any of Hill, Karlsson, Eichel, Martínez or Pietrangelo getting blamed for a slow start.

Curious to see which player not being “on” hinders the collective sum first.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I was actually planning on blaming Barack Obama, and maybe my parents when that feels right.

Nobody really, this is just going to be a weird bridge season, but most of the guys who need blamed are already halfway out the door so... whatever. Parts of the season will just be butts, other parts might be good, depends on the new coaching.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Jokiharju. It’s through no fault of his own because Adams didn’t go out and get a top 4 defenseman. So now Joker will again be playing big minutes with Dahlin and don’t think he’s equipped to handle them.

Would love to be wrong because I really like Joker and he’s had some tough injury luck. The metrics said him and Dahlin together last year in their minutes was solid. But over a whole year, we will see.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
if Zacha/Coyle don’t cut it I think Sweeney will get the blame more than the players. Heinen is always a favorite whipping boy, but I think Frederic is the answer. He will be counted on to drive the third line instead of being the third wheel on it. Unlike Zacha and especially Coyle this shouldn’t be asking too much from him so if he doesn’t deliver…

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
1694867112567.png

Probably Vitek

Reactions: swiiscompos

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
With Justin Holl gone, we will have to find a new defenseman to keep up the annual tradition of "blame one bottom pair d-man for our organizations failure at cap management hindering our ability to build a complete roster" Early candidates and John Klingberg and TJ Brodie is last years playoffs are any indication

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Armia and Gallagher because of their contract and their decline.

Reactions: CDN24

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
It's amazing how dedicated my fanbase is to having one of these every season. Some of them are understandable I must admit though (*cough* Yandle *cough*). But some are kind of head scratchers.
I can't really guess right now who it will be at this moment. But I can say it will be one.

BigTomBomber

Nov 17, 2017
Suter

He was blamed for 2022 even though vs Vegas he outscored everybody not named Miro, Robertson, Pavelski, and Hintz. One glaring play not withstanding, you could argue he was just below Miro in overall performance of the top 4D (even though Suter had much better adv metrics across the board)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad