NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

@Goldenhands

9Y0yG0D.png

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't know Dorofeyev before the draft but was impressed after watching him with Team Russia at the U-20 summer tournament in late August. Hope Fairbrother isn't another Lernout cause they could look really stupid to pass on Dorofeyev just so they can get a LD prospect. But we'll see how it works out, heard Dorofeyev has looked good in the KHL so far.

I watched a game the other day where Podkolzin played but he didn't get much ice and I didn't notice him at all. Not saying anything there as he was also impressive at times in that U-20 tournament. I don't usually follow too many draft eligible guys, don't often read too much of the draft thread or watch the U-18's so I'm usually late to the party to find out who these guys are.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I didn't know Dorofeyev before the draft but was impressed after watching him with Team Russia at the U-20 summer tournament in late August. Hope Fairbrother isn't another Lernout cause they could look really stupid to pass on Dorofeyev just so they can get a LD prospect. But we'll see how it works out, heard Dorofeyev has looked good in the KHL so far.

I watched a game the other day where Podkolzin played but he didn't get much ice and I didn't notice him at all. Not saying anything there as he was also impressive at times in that U-20 tournament. I don't usually follow too many draft eligible guys, don't often read too much of the draft thread or watch the U-18's so I'm usually late to the party to find out who these guys are.
Morozov also looked good in the Showcase. He and Hallander better end up being nothing-burgers cause someone's gonna come out looking like a dingus pushing for Olofsson when these two were right there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Morozov also looked good in the Showcase. He and Hallander better end up being nothing-burgers cause someone's gonna come out looking like a dingus pushing for Olofsson when these two were right there.

Morozov was one of the best players in the tournament, Vegas might have a good one there. Hallander looked better then Olofsson last year but he really dropped off in the 2nd half if I remember correctly. Morozov or Madden in hindsight for me certainly look the better picks but we'll see who it goes. Timmins and MB could have fired Rockstrom after so many misses but instead chose to listen to him, granted he did have a good draft year and brings size down the middle but not knowing him and then watching him I thought wtf did they get another DLR for and I like DLR more then most but you need to find those guys in the mid rounds.

Another one that could sting is taking Gorniak over Wylie, although he's a RD, Gornaik is 20 and coming off a very poor Freshman year. Going to be very interesting to see how that draft shakes out, I gave it a ton of heat early on but Romanov and Harris could really swing that one to very good depending of course on how Kotka ends up and if we get something good out of Ylonen plus anyone else.

Reactions: Mrb1p and G0bias

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Notice my number 9 OA pick is still with the Jets, BTW. Kids been playing like a vet out there.

Soon enough Ill have to tag a bunch of dumbos.

Jets defense is completely depleted, so take a deep breath, he is a good young player, but time will tell how defensemen rank in this draft...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ill be honest. Didnt think Harley could stick so long in a mens league. I may have been wrong about him.

He was my 9th ranked D. Obviously I do have Heinola, Byram, Bjornfot, Seider and Soderstrom above him, who are all in similar situations.

Lets hope Kniazev and Kolyonochok become as good as I think they can be.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
So... Apparently Vile made the big team.

@le_sean
@Goldenhands
@phillytennis
@goforit

I had your names on the short list for the order of crow, its finally ready.
I had Heinola in my top 20, I liked him but had guys like Seider Broberg over him by a signifiant margin and still have, making a depleted Jets line-up in his D+1 is still pretty honorable, we will see how he handles himself on a regular basis, but that race isnt a sprit, its a marathon, you draft on long term projections so we will see in 4-5 yrs from now how the defensemen rank....

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Key guy in this draft is Struble. This was kind of a riksy move. Plenty of natural talent though. But I would have went with the guy who just signed with the Panters in Kolyachonok. End of 2nd round, there are some pretty good player. But Struble can be one of them.

Struble will become a Top 5 player from that draft in 15 years.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I had Heinola in my top 20, I liked him but had guys like Seider Broberg over him by a signifiant margin and still has, making a depleted Jets line-up in his D+1 is still pretty honorable, we will see how he handles himself on a regular basis, but that race isnt a sprit, its a marathon, you draft on long term projections so we will see in 4-5 yrs from now how the defensemen rank....

Are Detroit and Edmonton not depleted themselves anymore ?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So... Apparently Vile made the big team.

@le_sean
@Goldenhands
@phillytennis
@goforit

I had your names on the short list for the order of crow, its finally ready.

Soderstrom may be forcing Arizona to keep him too. Their D is deeper, so they may decide to give him an extra year. But, both he and Heinola have had very strong camps.

Sandin looks to be making the Leafs this year too. Man, I wanted him so bad last year.

I'm happy with Caufield. We're desperate for goal scoring in our prospect system. And with D like Brook, Romanov, Harris, and Struble and whoever we pick in 2020, we should be good. Nice to see Heinola have some early success. He and Soderstrom were the only 2 Ds I would've accepted as a 1st round pick. I wanted a forward (oh, and of course Byram, but no chance there).

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Are Detroit and Edmonton not depleted themselves anymore ?
Detroit and Edmonton arent in a win now mode, Jets will take anything it takes to improve their blueline right now thats obvious... They are stuck with the cap too...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Soderstrom may be forcing Arizona to keep him too. Their D is deeper, so they may decide to give him an extra year. But, both he and Heinola have had very strong camps.

Seider had a strong camp too, Broberg didnt attend Oilers camp, wanted to play another year in Sweden, so being that pumped and asking people to eat crow at this point is laughable...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Seider had a strong camp too, Broberg didnt attend Oilers camp, wanted to play another year in Sweden, so being that pumped and asking people to eat crow at this point is laughable...

Yeah, it's a little early. Broberg I never liked. Toolsey, big and a strong skater, but I really question his hockey IQ. He's just dumb sometimes in his own zone. A bit brain crampy. Let someone else develop him. We're not that great at development.

Seider would've been interesting, but not over Caufield. I'm fairly secure with our D prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad