HF Habs: Your immediate draft class feelings 2019 version

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Same as last year. Post your immediate feelings. Will be fun to look back on. I questioned the Romanov pick last year and am absolutely loving being wrong about that now.

For me, drafting by need after round 1 is a ridiculous organizational approach. I’d always rather go for the home run swing and BPA. We passed on a lot of skill in day 2.

Ecstatic:

Cole Caufield

Happy:

Rhett Pitlick
Jayden Struble (although there were other D I preferred at that spot)
Mattias Norlinder

Intrigued:

Arsen Khisamutdinov
Frederik Dichow

Meh:

Gianni Fairbrother
Jacob LeGuerrier
Rafael Harvey-Pinard

What?:

Kieran Ruscheinski

Last edited:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'll give it a B since you can only expect 2 players on average to make the team from a draft. Caufield falling to us makes it a good draft regardless of how the others are.

I'm not gonna judge especially since there's 3 players I've never watched before that were drafted.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
C- for the draft overall.

A+ for Caufield. I would probably give it a D- if not for him.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Dumbfounded by our last 4 picks.

Caufield makes the rest alot more appealing but am willing to wait. Really disliked the first trade down. Like the Fairbrother and Pitlick picks.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
C

A+ for Caulfield
B for Norlinder, Struble and Pitlick
Z for the rest

Now, this is the exercice we are doing. Our feeling now. Not relevant to who will bust or not. I don't know the Danish goalie. How the f*** do I know he'll bust or not. But for almost every draft position, I would have went elsewhere. And obviously especially those guys I don't know much about.

So for what this day is about, this 2nd day was terribly dissapointing. But we got Caufield. Thanks to the Flyers.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
C

A+ for Caulfield
B for Norlinder, Struble and Pitlick
Z for the rest

Now, this is the exercice we are doing. Our feeling now. Not relevant to who will bust or not. I don't know the Danish goalie. How the **** do I know he'll bust or not. But for almost every draft position, I would have went elsewhere. And obviously especially those guys I don't know much about.

So for what this day is about, this 2nd day was terribly dissapointing. But we got Caufield. Thanks to the Flyers.
You follow prospects more than most here. Aside from Caufield, who becomes the Habs #1 or #2 prospect, do you think anybody else from this year's group breaks into the org's top 10?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Some great gambles, some good ones, brutal draft management and some awful picks. This looked like classic Timmins (i.e. the one with an almost decade long drought) moreso than the good drafts of the last two years, but we'll see. We'll already know better about the trajectory of these kids next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You follow prospects more than most here. Aside from Caufield, who becomes the Habs #1 or #2 prospect, do you think anybody else from this year's group breaks into the org's top 10?

First I don't know more than most. Second, nope. I do not have anybody chosen this year that cracks the top 10. Not yet. Struble and Norlinder have that ability soon. But not yet.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
right now, the first rounder is the only one that matters...thank you Flyers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->