HF Habs: Your immediate draft class feelings 2019 version

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Heinola was definitely a player that has very good pro potential. He was one of my faves where we were drafting, but when Caufield dropped the way he did, I was all over that. Can't wait for him to start the year...so pumped!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
2\2? You barely had Bjornfot in your first round...
21st OA if Im not mistaken.

Hes my 6th D I think.

It was Harley I was wrong on, I didnt expect him to do this good this early. I had him 27th.

Still dont matter much like that, you have to know what other players will do around those picks. Everybody knew what type of D Bjornfot was, the questions are on his upside mainly, Heinola got some bad rep from people who dont actually watch that said he was too slow and too weak for physical play.

LOL>

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
21st OA if Im not mistaken.

Hes my 6th D I think.

It was Harley I was wrong on, I didnt expect him to do this good this early. I had him 27th.

Still dont matter much like that, you have to know what other players will do around those picks. Everybody knew what type of D Bjornfot was, the questions are on his upside mainly, Heinola got some bad rep from people who dont actually watch that said he was too slow and too weak for physical play.

LOL>
Thing is, I will repeat, that race isnt a sprint, thats a marathon, thats who ends up as the better player in 4-5 yrs from now, Heinola making a weak Jets blueline is nice to see, but thats not more impressive than what Bjornfot is doing right now, you just cant pretend to be right or wrong that early, I was only using Bjornfot as an example of your ridiculous overreaction about Heinola cracking a very weak Jets blueline as if that accomplishment was a statement to where he should have gone at the draft, which is not and Bjornfot is proving your reasoning wrong (once again)...

I mean, you asked me to eat crow when I had Heinola middle pack, exactly in my 2nd tier with guys like Bjornfot Harley, so obviously I liked him too, just not as much as some of you that think he is going to end up as the 2nd best defenseman in the draft, what isnt going to happen, Seider and Broberg will prove you wrong in the long run.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thing is, I will repeat, that race isnt a sprint, thats a marathon, thats who ends up as the better player in 4-5 yrs from now, Heinola making a weak Jets blueline is nice to see, but thats not more impressive than what Bjornfot is doing right now, you just cant pretend to be right or wrong that early, I was only using Bjornfot as an example of your ridiculous overreaction about Heinola cracking a very weak Jets blueline as if that accomplishment was a statement to where he should have gone at the draft, which is not and Bjornfot is proving your reasoning wrong (once again)...

I mean, you asked me to eat crow when I had Heinola middle pack, exactly in my 2nd tier with guys like Bjornfot Harley, so obviously I liked him too, just not as much as some of you that think he is going to end up as the 2nd best defenseman in the draft, what isnt going to happen, Seider and Broberg will prove you wrong in the long run.

Broberg, lol.

Whats impressive though is playing 19 minutes and getting out of there with an assist in your first game. Then coming back in your second game, getting another assist and playing 21 minutes.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
they played merrimack !

relax !!!!

? I said imagine, lol

Even with newhooks 2 pointless games i still think hes a very good prospect and will have a very good year, that wasnt the point, Could you imagine if we had let Cole slip by, and everybody could see those stats today and he belongs to someone else.. People would be jumping off buildings lol

Thank god for philly

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Could you Imagine had we let Caufield pass and taken Newhook instead what the outrage would of been like here right now lol?

The sky would be falling because newhook has 0 points in 2 games and we would be looking at caufields 4 goals in 2 games wondering "what could of been...."

We’ll see years from now who has the last laugh, but for now, I will still chuckle at Flyer fans.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Could you Imagine had we let Caufield pass and taken Newhook instead what the outrage would of been like here right now lol?

The sky would be falling because newhook has 0 points in 2 games and we would be looking at caufields 4 goals in 2 games wondering "what could of been...."
At the time I would have gone with Newhook if I'm going to be honest. While Caufield is undoubtedly the better goalscorer, I feel like Newhook was pretty much better at everything else from what I've seen. Would love to have both on the Habs though.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
At the time I would have gone with Newhook if I'm going to be honest. While Caufield is undoubtedly the better goalscorer, I feel like Newhook was pretty much better at everything else from what I've seen. Would love to have both on the Habs though.

Well I seriously doubt that lol, I think pretty much everyone would agree, we were eyeing newhook at 15 sure, but only because caufield was supposed to go and should of gone way before 15

Once Caufield became a miracle possibility I really dont think there was too many who would of wanted newhook over caufield at that exact moment

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well I seriously doubt that lol, I think pretty much everyone would agree, we were eyeing newhook at 15 sure, but only because caufield was supposed to go and should of gone way before 15

Once Caufield became a miracle possibility I really dont think there was too many who would of wanted newhook over caufield at that exact moment
A lot of people had Newhook ahead of Cole...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Newhook finished with 11 points in 7 games... I mean its not as if Newhook bombed the u18, he was Canadas best player by a mile and showed awesome things.

Actually the U18 was pretty much what got me off the Newhook war wagon.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Actually the U18 was pretty much what got me off the Newhook war wagon.

Not necessarily an opinion formed from that tournament, but I always found him a step behind the play, always chasing the puck rather than reading where it's going to be.

And I think he gets away with it, for now, because of his skating. I question if he has the hockey IQ to adapt his game against bigger, faster competition.

MacKinnon faced exactly these struggles in his first few years in the NHL and as a 17 year old at the WJC, and his solution was, instead of adapting his game, to double down on it and develop into a player who is stronger and faster than everyone on the ice. But he's a genetic freak of nature, that's not an avenue that any MacKinnon-lite player will be able to follow. So Newhook will have to find a different answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad