HF Habs: Your immediate draft class feelings 2019 version

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fairbrother and leGuerrier have some potential. AHL ?

Fairbrother is in his age 19 season. To be honest, I don't even think he gets a contract offer. Why would we give him a contract when we didn't with Walford and Tyszka? From the outside looking in (haven't watched him play live at all), I don't have much hopes in Fairbrother. Another Lernout type

LeGuerrier is also in his age 19 season. Same type of comments I made with Fairbrother.

Neither one of these two are leading their CHL teams at 19.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Fairbrother is in his age 19 season. To be honest, I don't even think he gets a contract offer. Why would we give him a contract when we didn't with Walford and Tyszka? From the outside looking in (haven't watched him play live at all), I don't have much hopes in Fairbrother. Another Lernout type

LeGuerrier is also in his age 19 season. Same type of comments I made with Fairbrother.

It's almost like they drafted based on "good person" family name last year. It was almost comical imo. That 7th round pick too not any amount of excuses will make it not baffling.

Fairbrother
Leguerrier (The warrior in french)

I still stand to what i said after the draft -> Your immediate draft class feelings 2019 version

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's almost like they drafted based on "good person" family name last year. It was almost comical imo. That 7th round pick too not any amount of excuses will make it not baffling.

Fairbrother
Leguerrier (The warrior in french)

I still stand to what i said after the draft -> Your immediate draft class feelings 2019 version

Timmins said the talent dropped off drastically at a certain point. Some of those trades were weird though... I was high on Dorofeyev who is a similar talent to Ylonen IMO. Why they passed on him twice is strange.

I do like the Struble and Norlinder picks. Caufield is obvious

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA

Fairbrother is quite different from a Brett Lernout. I would say he's somewhat similar to Walford in that they are both great skaters, although Fairbrother has higher upside in the offensive zone. He sees the ice well, booming shot and is quite physical (the only thing you could match up to with Lernout). Fairbrother has potential to be a #4 at his peak and if all pans out but I would say he's more of a 3rd pairing guy that can contribute on your 2nd PP and PK units.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Dumbfounded by our last 4 picks.

Caufield makes the rest alot more appealing but am willing to wait. Really disliked the first trade down. Like the Fairbrother and Pitlick picks.
Like he said, he threw a dart and it landed on the picks. that's how you win drafting baby

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
After Svechnikov there was a big drop in talents. No one was really sure of whom would be picked when and where.
It was pretty much a big tie between Zadina, Tkachuk, Dobson, Walhstrom, KK, Hughes, Boqvist and Bouchard.

And I know that Quinn Hughes would be fantastic with us, for sure, but let's point out that 3 other teams picked Tkachuk, Zadina and Hayton before him.

It's always easier to look bad and be critics when you have all the facts AFTER it happened.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Fairbrother will very likely get signed, they just don't have to till next June since he's missed so much time. He's one of our top 15 prospects most likely. He's missed almost half the season to injury, kind of hard to lead your CHL if you aren't playing.

LeGuerrier can play in the Memorial Cup next year and then they can decide if they want to sign him or not.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
In which thread can we debate about the past drafts? We spend the year scouting those kids, have our own opinions on players, but cant discuss it anymore because its not related to the actual draft??

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
After Svechnikov there was a big drop in talents. No one was really sure of whom would be picked when and where.
It was pretty much a big tie between Zadina, Tkachuk, Dobson, Walhstrom, KK, Hughes, Boqvist and Bouchard.

And I know that Quinn Hughes would be fantastic with us, for sure, but let's point out that 3 other teams picked Tkachuk, Zadina and Hayton before him.

It's always easier to look bad and be critics when you have all the facts AFTER it happened.

As of right now, I'd still take kk.

Very hard to get a big center that can produce offensively. The book is still out on whether he can. But he's on the right track.

Plus, Timmins is really good at finding D. He's found 4 #1 D (Subban, McDonagh, Streit, and Sergachev) and stocked our current cupboard with high end d prospects. The d prospect pool is much deeper with quality than the forward prospect pool. I have little doubt he can find more good d in the draft. I have huge doubts about his ability to find offensive forwards.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad