Your favorite player on rival(s) team(s) ?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sharks: EK and Hertl. HM to Vlasic, used to love watching him intently, underrated new-era SAH d since he could actually get around the ice and move the puck too. Only one of about 5-dmen in the league that could give Kopitar trouble, small crowd there (was basically Vlasic, Weber, Hjalmarsson. No one else could handle either the skill or the power).

Ducks: Gibson, Getzlaf. Hope people look back fondly especially on Getzlaf, that draft class was so insane he's been under-the-radar his whole career. An emotionally-engaged Getzlaf could take games over like Malkin, and 'normal' Getzlaf had vision rivaled only by Thornton/Sedins.

VGK: not sure you can call it a rivalry since the Kings have been mostly lame since they've been around but the sparks are there. I feel like saying Stone is cheating because he hasn't always been there but I've always admired his game. Marchessault might be my most despised player in the NHL when we're up against them but he's otherwise pretty magnetic and a hell of a player. Final answer, MAF. Though it was tough because I'm partial to Reaves' presence and Carrier's will.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
My team is Ottawa

Mtl: Gallagher and Price
Toronto: Rielly and before that Gary Roberts
Buffalo: Not so much a rival anymore, but I loved Mike Peca. Hasek too but we ended up with him later.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
As a Blackhawks fan:

Minny: Dumba/Staal
Detroit: Fabbri
StLouis: ROR/Pietrangelo

As a Leafs fan:

Montreal: Price
Buffalo: Olofsson/Eichel/Skinner
Ottawa: White

I just straight up dont hate a lot. Even rival reams, I'm finding it hard to not name more players. I like hockey too much to hate a team, aside from them playing against my favourite teams.

I could talk to a fan from Ottawa or Buffalo for hours about their own team. If you watch these teams play all the tie, how can you not end up liking some of the players?

As a Leafs fan, if you're gonna poach from Buffalo, you take Dahlin no questions asked. We already have what Eichel brings, but much better.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
For me, undisputedly my favourite player on a rival team is David Pastrnak. That guy is an absolute beast and goes into sicko mode every single time he plays Toronto.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
:bruins

Habs:
Danault - respect the attention to detail and commitment to the defensive game
Leafs: Hyman - respect the hustle
Caps: Oshie - love his game, incredibly strong on the puck, insane hands, isn't afraid to use his body

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Lifetime Oiler fan:

Giordano
Iginla
Kipprusoff
Lanny McDonald
Hakan Loob

MacInnis, Kent Nilsson, Nieuwendyk, and Joe Mullen I liked nearly immediately once they were traded from Calgary.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Avalanche

Favorite rivals: ROR, Seguin, Kane, Josi, Parise, Laine

Happened with my favorite player and it was brutal to cheer for the Devils. Jagr

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
Rangers fan

Isles-Cizikas and Mayfield. Cizikas is my favorite bottom 6 player aside from Jesper Fast. Mayfield is underrated and his contract is great

Caps-They’re our rivals but I like them. Big fan of a lot of their players; Ovi, Wilson, Eller, Orlov, Hagelin, Oshie etc.

Devils-Used to be Coleman. I like Hischier a lot

Reactions: bur and 666 others

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
As a Leafs fan, if you're gonna poach from Buffalo, you take Dahlin no questions asked. We already have what Eichel brings, but much better.

What thread do you think you're in? No one is poaching players for their team. It's about your favourite player from a rival.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bruins fan:

no one on the Habs now but, Saku Koivu, Andre Markov, and Guy Lafleur won me over after he left and became a Nordique

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks fan.
McDavid. I love watching the great players no matter who they play for.
Patty Kane. I hate him when he plays the Canucks but I have a soft spot for cocky players who can back it up on the ice.
Bergeron on the Bruins.

Reactions: qqaz

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I'm an Oilers fan, so:

Flames: Tkachuk - He's a rat and a pest, but man is he ever good at it! He's the kind of guy you'd love on your team and absolutely hate to face in a playoff series.
Historically it would be Jarome Iginla. A St. Albert boy, an Olympic hero, and just generally an awesome guy. Too bad he spent most of his career torching the Oilers...

Canucks: I suppose Pettersson at the moment, though the rivalry is kinda dormant (and he hasn't been part of it for long). But he's a fantastic talent and a fun player to watch, so I'll take him.
Historically: Daniel and Henrik Sedin. They were so good, exciting, and absolutely class acts. Their sendoff for Ryan Smyth's last game and Oilers fans' sendoff for them in 2018 were simply amazing to see.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Canucks fan.

I don’t think you can consider Canuck vs Hawks a rivalry anymore but definately Patrick Kane..

You just know that he is going to burn you... chelsea dagger and him swinging his little glove after scoring. What a cocky talent, but can back it up on the ice. Would be a dream to have Patty Kane on the Canucks at his prime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad