Your favorite player on rival(s) team(s) ?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
So? Who are they?

My Team
:habs

Rival #1
:bruins
Favorite player: Bergeron, hands down. He's one of my favorite player, period. It's almost upsetting that an awesome player like Bergeron is on such a f***ing team like the Ruins.

Rival #2
:leafs
Favorite player: Mitch Marner. I don't know why, I just like the kid a lot. He has an amazing vision on the ice.

Rival #3
:sens
Favorite player: Chabot. He's exactly what the Habs need right now. Great player.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Favourite team: :sharks

Favourite King: Kopitar
Favourite Golden Knight: Stone or Schmidt
Favourite Duck: uhhh... Lindholm?

Don't really consider other teams rivals.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
As an Oilers fan, the Sedins were always some of my favourite non-Oilers players.

Reactions: nofehr

Shredator

Oct 6, 2009
Edmonton
As an Oiler fan I would say my favorite Flame is Tkachuk.

I HATE Tkachuk. He is a turtle. He is a shit disturber. He is a skilled guy that plays the game hard. He is perfect for the rivalry.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I don’t really get the refusal to like a player from a rival team.. I despise the Bruins. But Bergeron is fantastic, plays the game clean- I want his team to lose every game, but personally, I’m a fan of Bergeron. Glad he made it back from that nasty concussion, glad he’s still kickin butt. Zach Hyman is another dude- not nearly as skilled, obviously, but even as a Sabres fan I can appreciate what he brings to the ice.

idk, I just don’t see it as a loyalty concern or anything- it’s the team As an organization/rival that I dislike, it’s not every single player regardless of how they play. I think PG&E is a terrible company, but I don’t presume all 50,000 of their employees to be awful, especially if I have evidence to the contrary.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I don’t really get the refusal to like a player from a rival team.. I despise the Bruins. But Bergeron is fantastic, plays the game clean- I want his team to lose every game, but personally, I’m a fan of Bergeron. Glad he made it back from that nasty concussion, glad he’s still kickin butt. Zach Hyman is another dude- not nearly as skilled, obviously, but even as a Sabres fan I can appreciate what he brings to the ice.

idk, I just don’t see it as a loyalty concern or anything- it’s the team As an organization/rival that I dislike, it’s not every single player regardless of how they play. I think PG&E is a terrible company, but I don’t presume all 50,000 of their employees to be awful, especially if I have evidence to the contrary.
Liked your post.

I hate the Bruins for obvious reasons but I also get to see their players a fair bit and there is no one like him in the league, though maybe Barkov will take the torch. I would overlook Bergeron's past crimes and pick him up at the airport. Marchand on the other hand I would just run over.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
NYR fan, so I guess I get NJ, NYI, PHI maybe WSH due to number of playoff series we’ve played together.

NJD: honestly no one I’m a fan of. I guess Hischier I’ve started to appreciate his all around game and I’d definitely take on NY.

NYI: Cizikas. I find it impossible not to respect his game. Best 4th liner in the league? Take him in a heartbeat.

PHI: Provorov is the one I’d take on my team, easily. Some of the young guys like Frost and Farabee and even Hart are intriguing to watch.

WSH: Ovie is definitely an all time favorite despite the rivalry. If I had to take one Cap for my roster right now it would be Kuznetsov for a Zib/Kuz 1/2 combo.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Jets don't have proper 'rivals' so I'll do the Central teams:
Nashville - Josi I guess? He's pretty good
St. Louis - Steen/Pietrangelo
Minnesota - Zuccarello maybe, or no one
Chicago - Toews
Dallas - Pavelski
Colorado - Hutchinson if he counts

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Caps fan. I like Guentzel on the Penguins. He's been a big surprise for them.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Bruins fan here.

Canadiens: Carey Price - I’ve always liked his personality and have respected him ever since he didn’t punch out Tim Thomas in that fight when Thomas fell down and was vulnerable.

Leafs: Mitch Marner

Canucks: Quinn Hughes

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames fan :

Gotta go with Draisaitl from EDM. Big, skilled, great vision and shot. Did not see the kind of progression he's exhibited coming. Can even get nasty when he wants to. Still think his defense sucks tho, but a lot of that is just because he plays too many minutes.

Hughes from VAN. Less of a diver than EP40 and really controls the flow of the game when he has it on his stick. Really really smart player.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oilers fan. Honestly this isn’t easy. There’s certainly good players I’d like to have on my club on rival teams like you’d be nuts not to want EP or Hughes from Van, Tkachuk from Calgary etc but as far as favourite players go I hate them due to the rivalry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->