Your favorite player on rival(s) team(s) ?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
As a TB fan it's tough to pick a biggest rival, but I guess I'll go with Boston at the moment. Big fan of Bergeron, love the way he plays the game. I used to dislike Chara but I have come to respect him over the years, pretty impressive that he's still going strong. Washington might be up there too, and Ovi is one of my favorite athletes period. Those teams have some absolute clowns but there are still some really likeable players even as an opposing fan.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks fan

Bruins: Pasta

Oilers: Mcdavid fan( just gotta appreciate greatness) & Drai (Been a fan of his since Juniors)

Blackhawks: I like the new guys Dach and Boquist

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
:hawksI'll go with DeBrincat. I like cheering for the little guys who can make it in a big man's league. He's no Theo Fleury, but still.

:avs Tough one. I think I'll pick MacKinnon. He's just super fun to watch!

:bluesAbout five years ago it would have been Backes, but now I'm unsure. Tarasenko can just score out of nowhere, so that's "fun". Parayko is fun to watch from a more fundamentals aspect. That dude's a monster of a defenseman.

:jetsBlake Wheeler AINEC.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
To me being a "fan" of an opponent means you openly watch them when your team isn't on. Why would a Red Sox fan ever tune into a Yankees game? Or vice versa. But if it's who you'd want on your team, that's different.
To scout the ********!
Make strategies in my head how to best defeat them, haha.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
As a Leaf fan it has always been the Sens for me .. but no hate now just pity. The best was EK .. have always loved that dude... Alfie before him.
Have a sweet spot for Barzal, Bergeron, Domi, Ristolainen, Barkov and Vasi.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Canes fan..

Caps- John Carlson
Tampa - Anthony Cirelli
Leafs+ Mitch Marner

Hard to come up with rivals for the Canes....

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
As a Ducks fan I’d say Kopitar.

When he’s healthy he’s an animal

We’ve been lucky to be able to see guys like Kopitar and Getz during their careers

And if the Oilers are a rival I love watching McDavid play. He plays through clutches and obstruction, plays hard and is just a pleasure to watch

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
david f***in pastrnak.... I took him 4th overall in fantasy n the league laughed at me

montreal, ottawa, vancouver, buffalo, edmonton all teams that deploy bums so Idc bout their guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DrJustice

yeaher

May 3, 2019
To me being a "fan" of an opponent means you openly watch them when your team isn't on. Why would a Red Sox fan ever tune into a Yankees game? Or vice versa. But if it's who you'd want on your team, that's different.

How would you know who you want on your team if you never tune in and watch them?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
As a TB fan it's tough to pick a biggest rival, but I guess I'll go with Boston at the moment. Big fan of Bergeron, love the way he plays the game. I used to dislike Chara but I have come to respect him over the years, pretty impressive that he's still going strong. Washington might be up there too, and Ovi is one of my favorite athletes period. Those teams have some absolute clowns but there are still some really likeable players even as an opposing fan.

FLA isn't yours?

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
I'll count down teams I hate the most.
4. Rangers - Kreider
3. Devils - Subban
2. Penguins - No thank you
1. Capitals - Wilson

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Blackhawks are my team

Winnipeg- Wheeler and Buff while he was still playing
Nashville - Josi
Minn- was Zucker
St Louis- O'Reilly for the SC interview alone
Colorado- I like a lot of their players but probably Nate.
other players Crosby, Couturier, McDavid, Horvat, Panarin, Chabot, Barzal

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:wild

CO- Mack

Hawks- used to be Seabrook

Jets- Buff. He just makes me laugh, I don't know why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad