Your favorite player on rival(s) team(s) ?

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Not the biggest rivalry between Washington and NYI but I love to watch Barzal. I also hate Philadelphia but Provorov yes please

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Habs - Brendan Gallagher. I know many Bruins fans hate this guy, but he's basically Brad Marchand (not nearly as skilled of course, but more in the agitator way) except he doesn't have a history of dirty plays (well, not nearly as much). He's just as much a little shit and I respect the hell out of it. Love his heart and his willingness to go to the front of the net despite his height. Wish he was on a team I liked more.

Leafs - Morgan Rielly. Would've been Jake Gardiner for obvious reasons, but he's on Carolina now. Rielly seems like a respectable player despite his last name being spelled wrong. The only real threat on the back end of that team.

Some Bruins fans may differ, but I don't call the Lightning, Canucks, or Flyers rivals.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Bruins fan

Habs - Gallagher

Leafs - Jason Spezza. For the laugh. I wish I could pick another player on the Leafs, but their offense all blends together as one, honestly. I can’t tell you whether I like watching Matthews, Nylander, Hyman, or Marner more. They all seem too “alike”.

Canucks - Petterson

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Florida has never been good enough to have an actual rival. But I like players on other teams.

Reactions: qqaz

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
To me being a "fan" of an opponent means you openly watch them when your team isn't on. Why would a Red Sox fan ever tune into a Yankees game? Or vice versa. But if it's who you'd want on your team, that's different.
I disagree here. As a Bruins fan, my fav games to watch are Habs and Leafs games. Why? Because they are so easy to root against. So if the Bruins are not on I can watch these teams play and still have somewhat of an emotional investment. I don't watch Leafs vs Habs though lol
As for having favorite players, do the OP mean actaul favorite players or fav players from that team.. I don't like anyone on the Leafs or Habs, but my least hated would be Price (hate that he's a Hab, he just seems to be so cool under pressure) and I dunno, Jack Campbell...

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
To me being a "fan" of an opponent means you openly watch them when your team isn't on. Why would a Red Sox fan ever tune into a Yankees game? Or vice versa. But if it's who you'd want on your team, that's different.
I disagree here. As a Bruins fan, my fav games to watch are Habs and Leafs games. Why? Because they are so easy to root against. So if the Bruins are not on I can watch these teams play and still have somewhat of an emotional investment. I don't watch Leafs vs Habs though lol
As for having favorite players, do the OP mean actaul favorite players or fav players from that team.. I don't like anyone on the Leafs or Habs, but my least hated would be Price (hate that he's a Hab, he just seems to be so cool under pressure) and I dunno, Jack Campbell...

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

This I understand. Kind of like the Dallas Cowboys. People either love them or hate them (I hate them). So they get eyeballs consistently. Nobody is ever indifferent about them.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
As a Blackhawks fan:

Minny: Dumba/Staal
Detroit: Fabbri
StLouis: ROR/Pietrangelo

As a Leafs fan:

Montreal: Price
Buffalo: Olofsson/Eichel/Skinner
Ottawa: White

I just straight up dont hate a lot. Even rival reams, I'm finding it hard to not name more players. I like hockey too much to hate a team, aside from them playing against my favourite teams.

I could talk to a fan from Ottawa or Buffalo for hours about their own team. If you watch these teams play all the tie, how can you not end up liking some of the players?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
My team

:sens

My Rivals:
:leafs
Like almost everyone this team is super spicy, but I'll take Matthews, Marner, Andersen, Tavares and Rielly to start

:habs
Price, Weber, Gallagher

:bruins
Chara only, rest are kneeing, slashing punks.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
:jets My team (RIP Dusty you were never boring)

:vegas Stone: love how he plays the game and really pissed we missed out on him last spring. Kid is a class act too

:nashville Josi: Very talented player who plays us tough. Also seems like a good captain.

:avs Mac: I gotta go with the guy that is so dynamic

:bluesROR: That was a hell of an add and it really vaulted them to another level. They were always missing that kick ass #1 center who is a two way beast. Also shout out to the Blues fans they are a classy group and kept it clean in last years playoffs on HFBoards.

Honorable mention types for teams we see less of. Either of Walt's kids Brady and Matthew are both really talented. Seth Jones in Columbus is unreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fisticuffer

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Bruins fan

Habs - Gallagher

Leafs - Jason Spezza. For the laugh. I wish I could pick another player on the Leafs, but their offense all blends together as one, honestly. I can’t tell you whether I like watching Matthews, Nylander, Hyman, or Marner more. They all seem too “alike”.

Canucks - Petterson
Odd you group hyman in with the other 3, he could do his job with a shovel. Matthews plays a completely different game than marner and nylander. Just an odd comment all around lol.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
As a Penguins fan, that's a tough one.

Our two biggest rivals are Washington and Philadelphia.

Washington: I despise most of their stars and I think Wilson belongs in jail. I guess it is Backstrom by default. He is my type of player and I probably would like him if he were on another team.

Philadelphia: I am generally rooting for all French-Canadian players... but on the Flyers? Especially since their two Frenchies are not even from Quebec AND are big part of the rivalry (Couturier shadowing Malkin so many times, Giroux being a little bitch all the time)... hummmm tough one. I could say Samuel Morin, but the guy has played 9 NHL games. I guess Provorov. He is a great player.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Rangers fan

Islanders:
Mathew Barzal is fairly obvious and Ryan Pulock (right handed defenseman with a bomb).
Flyers:
Sean Couturier, Ivan Provorov
Capitals:
Ovechkin is an obvious one, Tom Wilson seems to be a player you love to have on your time.
Penguins:
I am one of the few that like Sidney Crosby.
Devils:
Kyle Palmieri, Nico Hischier

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad