Value of: Your best offer for 2 of the 3: Tierney, LaBanc, Boedker

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
A B prospect, sure, whatever. But Braun approximately equals Gardiner and Tierney approximately equals a late 1st.

The thing is, I would want to get Gardiner in order to pair him and Braun on the bottom pair. If we made this trade, we would only have one NHL level RHD on our roster.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
We can’t spend $8M on the bottom pair. Both of those players are top-4 D.

We’ve got a ton of space and if we don’t acquire Tavares, we could still do something like acquire Gardiner for futures, Tyler Myers for Chris Tierney+Brenden Dillon, and sign a player like Kovalchuk in UFA.

The bottom pair should play at least 1/4 of the game so I have no problem paying them 1/10 of the salary cap if they’re as good as Gardiner-Braun. We really need RHD though. As much as I thought the Vlasic-Braun pairing had grown stale in its role, I don’t see how we can just let go of Braun. We need to get a new partner for Vlasic and we need to make sure DeMelo doesn’t play another NHL game.

The Kane contract really hurts us, cap wise. :(

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
We’ve got a ton of space and if we don’t acquire Tavares, we could still do something like acquire Gardiner for futures, Tyler Myers for Chris Tierney+Brenden Dillon, and sign a player like Kovalchuk in UFA.

The bottom pair should play at least 1/4 of the game so I have no problem paying them 1/10 of the salary cap if they’re as good as Gardiner-Braun. We really need RHD though. As much as I thought the Vlasic-Braun pairing had grown stale in its role, I don’t see how we can just let go of Braun. We need to get a new partner for Vlasic and we need to make sure DeMelo doesn’t play another NHL game.

The Kane contract really hurts us, cap wise. :(

Gardiner-Braun would be an excellent second pairing. It’s overkill.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Gardiner-Braun would be an excellent second pairing. It’s overkill.

An interesting proposition, but we would still need to add somebody to the third pairing. Things would be so much more simple if we didn’t just completely screw over Tim Heed.

Vlasic-Burns
Gardiner-Braun
Ryan-Heed

Of course, that X would likely need to be filled by an external acquisition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad