Value of: Your best offer for 2 of the 3: Tierney, LaBanc, Boedker

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
His career PPG=0.48
Career PPG x 82 =39.4
I think averaging 39.4 points for your career is worthy of being called a 40 point player, as is coming of a 0.5 PPG season, which would have been a 41 point season had he not missed 8 games.

but he has 40pts twice in a 10 year career. your strongest argument is that he would have gotten 41 based on ppg but you ignore his 26pt in 81 game season the year before. As a shark (ie on a good team) he has 63pts in 155 games, or .41ppg (33pts/82 games). On any playoff team he is a 30+pt 3rd liner
calling him a 40pt player insinuates he regularly puts up 40pts, yet he hasnt even hit that number as a shark

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I say put up a poll on Huberdeau vs Hertl then. I'd like to think Huberdeau wins that big time even with him being the winger.

I’m not saying Hertl is better than Huberdeau, but let’s not act like polls on HF Boards dot com are good measures of which player is better.

Hertl is one of the most underrated players in the whole league. Using points to show that Huberdeau is better is silly because it ignores a lot of things that Hertl is miles better than Huberdeau at. But I digress as that’s not the point of this thread.

Reactions: Gecklund

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
What about Alex Nylander for Tierney? He could be a nice add on the wings for the Sharks saves some money as well if they go after a guy like Tavares.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
SJ has 10 top nine forwards, so two need to be traded for one top 9 forward and these 3 seem like the most likely candidates.

If Tierney goes, we need a C in return.
Otherwise, any forward position will do.

Tierney : 40 point, elite PK, 23 YO, 3C
Boedker : fast 40 point winger
LaBanc : 40 point 22 YO winger. Great playmaker/PP QB with a tremendous shot he needs to learn to use more.

Id like any on the rangers, Id be willing to take a bad contract back to if im nyr , something like martin

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I say put up a poll on Huberdeau vs Hertl then. I'd like to think Huberdeau wins that big time even with him being the winger.
No offense but polls mean nothing. Also I think it’s tough to say. I think both have their strengths. In my mind Hubby is more of an offensive winger which is great don’t get me wrong but Hertl is way more important to the Sharks and that’s why he’s claiming he has more value. Hertl is better defensively and plays a big game. He also is just dominant. He fits our team perfectly. Would Hertl be as important to the Panthers? Doubtful since they have Barkov and Trocheck. Sharks do have Jumbo and Couture as their top 2 centers but Couture struggles when he doesn’t have a good defensive winger with him (Clowe and Marleau are the two that come to mind) so Hertl and Couture kind of platoon that 2C throughout the game for us. This isn’t me trying to say ones better than the other or making a case for one being better than the other. Just trying to show you why someone would be saying Hertl is better than Hubby which is because when you think better you always think for the team you’re rooting for (at least I do). So for the Sharks Hertl is better than Huberdeau. Obviously seems like that’s different for teams around the league but still

Also side note, I feel like Huberdeau would be the perfect winger for Hertl :laugh: a line of Couture-Hertl-Huberdeau would be just wow

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
SJ has 10 top nine forwards, so two need to be traded for one top 9 forward and these 3 seem like the most likely candidates.

If Tierney goes, we need a C in return.
Otherwise, any forward position will do.

Tierney : 40 point, elite PK, 23 YO, 3C
Boedker : fast 40 point winger
LaBanc : 40 point 22 YO winger. Great playmaker/PP QB with a tremendous shot he needs to learn to use more.

Brown and Gauthier(4c?) for Tierney?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No offense but polls mean nothing. Also I think it’s tough to say. I think both have their strengths. In my mind Hubby is more of an offensive winger which is great don’t get me wrong but Hertl is way more important to the Sharks and that’s why he’s claiming he has more value. Hertl is better defensively and plays a big game. He also is just dominant. He fits our team perfectly. Would Hertl be as important to the Panthers? Doubtful since they have Barkov and Trocheck. Sharks do have Jumbo and Couture as their top 2 centers but Couture struggles when he doesn’t have a good defensive winger with him (Clowe and Marleau are the two that come to mind) so Hertl and Couture kind of platoon that 2C throughout the game for us. This isn’t me trying to say ones better than the other or making a case for one being better than the other. Just trying to show you why someone would be saying Hertl is better than Hubby which is because when you think better you always think for the team you’re rooting for (at least I do). So for the Sharks Hertl is better than Huberdeau. Obviously seems like that’s different for teams around the league but still

Also side note, I feel like Huberdeau would be the perfect winger for Hertl :laugh: a line of Couture-Hertl-Huberdeau would be just wow

So Hertl has more value to Sharks but outside that, Huberdeau has more value to the 30 other teams? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Dr Quincy

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Huberdeau Vs. Hertl is apples and oranges.

What Hertl did on the Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski line in the first 3 rounds of the 2016 playoffs was insane. They completely steamrolled every team via the dominance of that line. Then Hertl went down in game 2 of the SCF and from that point on, at 5V5, Thornton-Pavelski were on the ice for 1 (empty net) GF and 4 GA.

In this year’s playoffs, at all strengths, Hertl currently leads the NHL with 40 individual high danger scoring chances in the 10 games that he played. Second is Alexander Ovechkin, with 34 high danger scoring chances in the 22 games that he has played.

In this year’s playoffs, against Vegas, at 5V5, flanked by Logan Couture and Mikkel Boedker and deployed mostly in a defensive role against Vegas’ top line, Hertl was on the ice for 26 high danger chances for and 13 high danger chances against. Hertl alone had 14 of his team’s 26 high danger chances. (Yes, Hertl had more individual high danger chances against Vegas’ than the entire Knights team when he was on the ice at 5V5). Unfortunately, he was only able to break even in GF because his goaltending was terrible in comparison to Vegas’. Hertl was on the ice for 4 GF and 4 GA at 5V5; all 4 of the Sharks goals were high danger goals, while only 2 of Vegas’ goals were high danger goals.

That is a very impressive playoff resume. In my opinion, there aren’t many F1s in the league that are better than Hertl. You could make a Huberdeau Vs. Hertl poll, and Huberdeau would probably win. But then you could make a Hertl Vs. Couture poll, and Couture would probably win, but I would take Hertl over Couture.

On topic, the proposal doesn’t really work.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad