Value of: Your best offer for 2 of the 3: Tierney, LaBanc, Boedker

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
SJ has 10 top nine forwards, so two need to be traded for one top 9 forward and these 3 seem like the most likely candidates.

If Tierney goes, we need a C in return.
Otherwise, any forward position will do.

Tierney : 40 point, elite PK, 23 YO, 3C
Boedker : fast 40 point winger
LaBanc : 40 point 22 YO winger. Great playmaker/PP QB with a tremendous shot he needs to learn to use more.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I'd like to see the Sharks bring in some higher end prospects
A Taylor Raddysh comes to mind.
I'm assuming salary cap friendly moves

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yea, if we're trading a 40 point winger on an ELC and a top 4 D man, it's not going to be for peanuts.

I understand, I'd offer up our 2019 1st to replace the one you lose to BUF, our 2018 2nd (34th overall) to replace the one you traded in Polak/Torres deal + Malgin, who is 21yrs old, a C/RW capable of 30-45pts.

2019 1st = Braun
2018 2nd + Malgin = Tierney

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I understand, I'd offer up our 2019 1st to replace the one you lose to BUF, our 2018 2nd (34th overall) to replace the one you traded in Polak/Torres deal + Malgin, who is 21yrs old, a C/RW capable of 30-45pts.

2019 1st = Braun
2018 2nd + Malgin = Tierney
I'd probably take that

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd probably take that

Think it makes sense for both teams. You re-stock the cupboards and we get two needs filled. You could move Boedker in a separate deal with that 2nd we just gave you to move into the 1st round and plug two holes in a deep draft. Reduces your cap to chase a big name UFA.

Boughner knows both Tierney and Braun already. Allows us to still draft 15th overall this year and take the next step, back into the playoffs..

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Think it makes sense for both teams. You re-stock the cupboards and we get two needs filled. You could move Boedker in a separate deal with that 2nd we just gave you to move into the 1st round and plug two holes in a deep draft. Reduces your cap to chase a big name UFA.

Boughner knows both Tierney and Braun already. Allows us to still draft 15th overall this year and take the next step, back into the playoffs..
I think the biggest problem is that Sharks are still trying to compete. We’d need a top 9 forward coming back (a C preferably) and we’d need to replace Braun.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I think the biggest problem is that Sharks are still trying to compete. We’d need a top 9 forward coming back (a C preferably) and we’d need to replace Braun.
I think it would work. We could package that first or second with Boedker for a new 3c and then use the cap room for Carlsson.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Rocky had mentioned chasing Carlson in free agency. I offered up Malgin who is a C or can play RW, 21 years old who put up 11g, 22pts in 55 games. Speedy playmaker.

Or we can offer up Pysyk/Petrovic as a stopgap/replacement for Braun instead of Malgin?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Rocky had mentioned chasing Carlson in free agency. I offered up Malgin who is a C or can play RW, 21 years old who put up 11g, 22pts in 55 games. Speedy playmaker.

Or we can offer up Pysyk/Petrovic as a stopgap/replacement for Braun instead of Malgin?
Honestly I’d rather a 1st+a top 4 D. Don’t really think you have the available pieces though. Yandle is too expensive. Ekblad and Matheson are too valuable (but I mean if you want to give us either of them I’m not going to say no :laugh: ), And Pysyk and Petrovic aren’t good enough. I’d be looking for a RHD that is somewhat offensive to play with Vlasic. If only Gardiner was RH, he would be the perfect addition.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
This looks like something Edmonton and Florida should be all over. Two teams in a tremendous need of depth at F.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Honestly I’d rather a 1st+a top 4 D. Don’t really think you have the available pieces though. Yandle is too expensive. Ekblad and Matheson are too valuable (but I mean if you want to give us either of them I’m not going to say no :laugh: ), And Pysyk and Petrovic aren’t good enough. I’d be looking for a RHD that is somewhat offensive to play with Vlasic. If only Gardiner was RH, he would be the perfect addition.

Matheson and Ekblad should become our top pairing within a year or two. Shift Yandle down with a shutdown guy like Braun and then balance minutes through PP and PK.

I think Pysyk would benefit and play better in top 4 with a veteran like Vlasic. Paired with Matheson last year, who was only in his 2nd season, didn't go to plan.

I understand the ask but that's about my best offer. No biggie. Maybe go after Myers then? Tierney + something for Myers?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Chris Tierny to Toronto makes sense in terms of team need.

Labanc is very good on the PP so I'd say EDM could kick the tires on him.

Boedker is an overpaid 3rd line winger but a decent player, not sure his value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad