Line Combos: Your 2021-22 Opening Night Lineup

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
I'd personally like to see these lines. Put stamkos back at center so cirelli can center the third line. Serg I bet can handle the extra defensive responsibilities with Foote as his partner.

Palat- Point - Kuch
Killorn - Stamkos - ABB
Colton - Cirelli - Katchouk/Raddysh
Maroon - PEB - Joseph

Hedman - Bogo/Ruuta
McD - Cernak
Serg - Foote

Last edited:

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Our right side is always gonna be a shitshow. Could always move Sergy up next to Hedman but that leaves a hole on the left side for the bottom pairing with Claesson, Semykin, and Day as our only other LHD. can also experiment with Bogo and Foote as a D pairing or Bogo and Rutta.

Reactions: ultra63

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Why are people so high on ABB? I’m seeing people slotting him into the top 6. Genuinely asking not being a smart ass.
I think part of it is just that he can only really play on a scoring line. At least that's the assumption of most folks.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's shown a few flashes. For a guy with his skillset, I don't think you question his shooting ability; you question his ability to get in position to shoot. He's had plenty of opportunities.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think part of it is just that he can only really play on a scoring line. At least that's the assumption of most folks.

Yeah, I wouldn't say he deserves it coming off his performance this year but if you really want to evaluate him you have to give him a top-6 role. I think he's pretty meh and redundent with Point, so he needs to find chemistry with either Stamkos or Kucherov to have a shot.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Why are people so high on ABB? I’m seeing people slotting him into the top 6. Genuinely asking not being a smart ass.
When he made his debut with the club they slotted him with Point and Kuch, most likely would try that again for him, I'd much rather have Palat on that line but guess we'll see what they do. He might get put on the 2nd line. :dunno:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I'd personally like to see these lines. Put stamkos back at center so cirelli can center the third line. Serg I bet can handle the extra defensive responsibilities with Foote as his partner.

Palat- Point - Kuch
Killorn - Stamkos - ABB
Colton - Cirelli - Katchouk/Raddysh
Maroon - PEB - Joseph

Hedman - Bogo/Ruuta
McD - Cernak
Serg - Foote
RW is going to be a problem 20 games in Stammer will back on the right Cirelli back to 2C and the 3rd line will be a dumpster fire of young guys.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
RW is going to be a problem 20 games in Stammer will back on the right Cirelli back to 2C and the 3rd line will be a dumpster fire of young guys.
Nah, because for one Perry isn't even in this lineup, and he'll be fine as a 3rd or 4th line RW. 2nd, the 3rd line won't be a "dumpster fire" because whether Cirelli or Colton is centering it, there will be experience there with one of them plus either Perry or Joseph most likely. The only line that shouldn't be touched is the top line, while lines 2-4 could end up with several different good combinations. ABB will complement either the 2nd or 3rd line well, and the team will be more than fine once the best line combos are figured out. Sure, this may take 10-15 games, but Tampa is more than good enough everywhere to whether any early season growing pains/adjustments.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00