Line Combos: Your 2021-22 Opening Night Lineup

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think Palat cirelli Killorn
Is a smart move going into playoffs, don’t see it happening because kuch would probably lose it if they took Pally off his line?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Joseph Stamkos Kucherov
Palat Point abb
Killorn Cirelli Colton
Maroon Bellemare Perry

Hedman Bogosian
McDonagh Cernak
Sergachev Rutta
Foote

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
It's not like we ever have a top pairing caliber d-man next to Hedman anyways. Like my comment about the fowards, we know what we get with Rutta next to Hedman, and Bogosian for that matter. I'd rather see Foote get some minutes alongside the best in the game, see how he handles things from there. I like Bogo there too, but early in the season I'd like to see us experiment with some things a little bit. I could be dead wrong anout Foote being in the lineup at all, but if he is, I don't think Hedman is a bad option.

Anton Stralman comes to mind. When he was here for a while there he was a legit top pairing defenseman. I don't disagree with anything else you wrote, just that. Felt like I had to point it out. :razz:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
ABB-Point-Kucherov
Palat-Stamkos-Colton
Killorn-Cirelli-Joseph
Maroon/Katchouk - Bellmare - Perry/Raddysh

I would scratch Maroon and Perry alternately to keep the 4th line somewhat mobile.

Hedman - Bogosian
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Rutta

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
I prefer the "spread the wealth" theory more than the "top heavy stick with what we know works and cobble together the rest" one. Especially early in the season when some of the regulars might be slow getting back in to game shape, the kids can help. They'll need the experience if we have a hope of seeing them contribute meaningfully in the playoffs. If things stall we can always revert to the top heavy format.

I'd have ABB and Katchouk competing to play with Point and Kucherov on the top line.
Raddysh or Katchouk having to outplay Perry to be on a line with Stamkos and Killorn.
Colton or Joseph battling to form a new shutdown line with Cirelli and Palat.
Joseph and Smith fighting for 13th forward minutes to give one of Maroon, Bellemare, or Perry a game or two off as needed.

They all need minutes. Injuries happen and the flexibility to address them outside the organization will be limited by the Seabrook LTIR shenanigans. Hopefully there's still a taxi squad this year in some form or we might be hard pressed clearing kids through waivers unless they crap the bed.

As for defense, it's clearly what JBB (and most fans) wanted to hang his hat on as far as going for the threepeat. I'm less keen to mess with what works there. Foote and Bogo alternate on the bottom pairing with Sergachev who occasionally gets situational minutes with Hedman or on special teams. McDonaugh and Cernak are the rock solid pairing we don't touch. Hedman largely plays with Ruuta unless it for some reason isn't working.

What I hope to see despite all the above?

Palat-Point-Kucherov
Killorn-Stamkos Raddysh
Katchouk-Cirelli-Colton
Maroon-Bellemare-Perry
ex.Joseph

Hedman-Ruuta
McDonaugh-Cernak
Sergachev-Foote
ex Bogosian

Vasi
Elliott

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Anton Stralman comes to mind. When he was here for a while there he was a legit top pairing defenseman. I don't disagree with anything else you wrote, just that. Felt like I had to point it out. :razz:

That's true, totally forgot about Stralman on that one.

Reactions: Bolt32

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
ABB-Point-Kucherov
Palat-Stamkos-Colton
Killorn-Cirelli-Joseph
Maroon/Katchouk - Bellmare - Perry/Raddysh

I would scratch Maroon and Perry alternately to keep the 4th line somewhat mobile.

Hedman - Bogosian
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Rutta
Yeah just ignore puck battles along the boards there not important as starting rookies. This team is going to suffer for a while without the Gourde line.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yeah just ignore puck battles along the boards there not important as starting rookies. This team is going to suffer for a while without the Gourde line.
Better than having ABB on the 4th line as you proposed and basically burying the younger players with little to no playing time. The only way this team is contending again is if players like Raddysh, Katchouk, and ABB(as well as Joseph) get increased minutes to see who can excel and be a factor. ABB is a waste on the 3rd or 4th line, although one of Katchouk or Raddysh could likely complement a new shutdown line if Cooper tries to "spread the wealth". Team made it's choice, and with the laughable numbers that Goodrow and Coleman were asking for, not a chance they were being re-signed here. Losing Gourde sucks, but one of him, Palat, or Killorn was gone. Perry and Bellemare are fine adds for the bottom 6 to balance out what will be a mix of veteran/youth in the lineup. I mean I know they didn't give Cirelli away to move Johnson for a meh return as you were advocating for, but pretty sure JBB and the team did quite fine regardless.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Better than having ABB on the 4th line as you proposed and basically burying the younger players with little to no playing time. The only way this team is contending again is if players like Raddysh, Katchouk, and ABB(as well as Joseph) get increased minutes to see who can excel and be a factor. ABB is a waste on the 3rd or 4th line, although one of Katchouk or Raddysh could likely complement a new shutdown line if Cooper tries to "spread the wealth". Team made it's choice, and with the laughable numbers that Goodrow and Coleman were asking for, not a chance they were being re-signed here. Losing Gourde sucks, but one of him, Palat, or Killorn was gone. Perry and Bellemare are fine adds for the bottom 6 to balance out what will be a mix of veteran/youth in the lineup. I mean I know they didn't give Cirelli away to move Johnson for a meh return as you were advocating for, but pretty sure JBB and the team did quite fine regardless.
Yes but Cirelli Sergi and Cernak can not all be re signed after the bridge. As far as ABB he has no roster spot in my mind based on his ability. For that matter neither does Joseph above 3rd line where both would be horrid. Im neither warm or cold about Bellemare. But Perry is a disgusting POS he is a dirty player but it is what it is. The team is no longer the front runner for the cup and its started with the Cirelli signing. We will see by Christmas the real impact of these rookies and Joseph. Right now a couple injuries and this is a mid pack team. I know you cant be the front runner for a long period and two Cups in a row is outstanding.

Now I have no doubt you will come back with the team is still a front runner but right now Colorado, Islanders, Boston, Vegas and flyers are equal to or better than our roster.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yes but Cirelli Sergi and Cernak can not all be re signed after the bridge. As far as ABB he has no roster spot in my mind based on his ability. For that matter neither does Joseph above 3rd line where both would be horrid. Im neither warm or cold about Bellemare. But Perry is a disgusting POS he is a dirty player but it is what it is. The team is no longer the front runner for the cup and its started with the Cirelli signing. We will see by Christmas the real impact of these rookies and Joseph. Right now a couple injuries and this is a mid pack team. I know you cant be the front runner for a long period and two Cups in a row is outstanding.

Now I have no doubt you will come back with the team is still a front runner but right now Colorado, Islanders, Boston, Vegas and flyers are equal to or better than our roster.
Your bias against Cirelli continues to provide good laughs, I'll give you that. I'm sure the team would have been much better off losing Cirelli, Johnson and Palat(team protects Gourde in this example and Seattle likely takes Palat, but Killorn works as well) and instead keeps Gourde, maybe Coleman and gets a late 1st or 2nd round pick+trash in a weak draft for Cirelli+Johnson, yeah, much better looking...). Yes, you would of course know ABB has "no roster spot" after a whopping 15 game sample size, yep, better just call it a career now. You also say he'd be "horrid" on the 3rd line or below, then have him on your 4th line in your mock lineup...The team may no longer be the clear favorite for the Cup(not that they were considered that by many outside of Tampa going into last year's playoffs either, as most had the Avalanche as the favorite), but they are still easily in the top tier of front runners. Very few, if any of the other contenders drastically improved, so Tampa, Colorado, Islanders, probably Vegas(due to a weak division) and Boston all remain near the top. Florida is also a legit threat. The Flyers are lucky if they are in the 2nd tier. There will likely be some struggles at times this year as the team works out new lines, but as has been shown, winning the division or even taking 2nd isn't required to win a Cup.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

There's also nothing that indicates the team can't keep all 3 of Serg, Cirelli and Cernak after their bridges are up. The next 2 years will greatly determine that. Even with the cap only likely going up a couple million by then, still 2 additional million to work with. At least one of Palat or Killorn will be gone as well, which both helps pay for the Point raise and provides additional space for other contracts. Again, much will depend on what they are looking for on long term deals, but there is certainly the chance to keep all 3.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
If any of ABB, Katchouk or Raddysh plays regularly and produces, it makes them very enticing on those contracts. Could see one of them being used as trade bait closer to the deadline, possibly ABB.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It's not like Stamkos was digging in the corners during the success of 91-21-86.

I feel like having a rookie on that line will allow a kid to go unwatched. Come the playoffs, if it's not working, put Palat back up there. In the meantime, I'd rather have Palat with Stamkos in hopes of making a few plays to him.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
I’m a fan of Perry but I don’t think you should put him above the fourth line, maybe leave a young playmaker on that line with him and Maroon.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
anyone else interested in bringing back the

Killer Tony Joseph line?

I think so when the situations call for it but keep em with Stamkos for the moment. But save it like a "break glass in case of emergency" line. Like if every line is playing like total shit and we're going on 2 or 3 games of losing and are down a few goals after an intermission, I say go for it because they're gonna get it right after like 10 minutes. But I'd like to see how Raddysh stacks up with Cirelli too because his game likens most to Killorn out of anyone else in the lineup and provided Raddysh's skating has improved I'd like to see how it works out

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Maroon must be a hell of an influence in the locker room , because I sure as hell do not see what he brings to the team even on the 4th line. I would rather see one of the young kids get more playing time and provide some needed extra scoring. Maroon is so slow and cannot even play well defensively. Must be a hell of a good friend to Cooper.

Reactions: JDBolt

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Don't touch the top 2 lines out of the gate.

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Cirelli - Stamkos
Joseph - Colton - ABB
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

Hedman - Rutta
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Bogosian

Is my guess for game 1.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I could see us struggling in the regular season. But I think that will have more to do with our overall appetite to win meaningless games than the line up changes. The line up changes will become more of a factor, IMO, in the playoffs. Before that, I expect some wishy washy hockey played by players who would rather be somewhere else.

But I don't think we will actually be able to measure whether or not the team took a step back until the playoffs.

Reactions: Hoek

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I feel like Palat is more important to keep together with Point than Kucherov, I also am surprised how many are splitting up Killorn and Cirelli. It will be interesting to see how Cooper moves players around in an attempt to rebuild the third line

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00