Line Combos: Your 2021-22 Opening Night Lineup

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
If any of ABB, Katchouk or Raddysh plays regularly and produces, it makes them very enticing on those contracts. Could see one of them being used as trade bait closer to the deadline, possibly ABB.

There's no team in the league that needs NHL-quality guys on near-minimum contracts more than we do. No way we're giving those guys up if they're producing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For whatever reason, I always find it interesting what numbers guys end up choosing to wear. Is Bogosian gonna stick with 22 this time around and Perry 94 like it says on the Lightning site? I can't remember the last guy to wear 94 around here come to think of it. I have to imagine ABB switches to 19 like he's always had and Katchouk to 13

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
For whatever reason, I always find it interesting what numbers guys end up choosing to wear. Is Bogosian gonna stick with 22 this time around and Perry 94 like it says on the Lightning site? I can't remember the last guy to wear 94 around here come to think of it. I have to imagine ABB switches to 19 like he's always had and Katchouk to 13
According to this site, nobody has worn 94 before, at least in a regular season/playoff game. Tampa Bay Lightning Sweater Numbers | Hockey-Reference.com

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
As long as 62 and 25 aren't picked I'm fine.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Don't touch the top 2 lines out of the gate.

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Cirelli - Stamkos
Joseph - Colton - ABB
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

Hedman - Rutta
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Bogosian

Is my guess for game 1.
That’s what I’d go with too to start the season.

Reactions: berlin

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Doesn't one of Stamkos/Hedman/Kucherov needs to sit/in Covid protocol/LTIR, opening night to get under the cap, before LTIR relief from Seabrook kicks in?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We only would have had to do some weird shifting if we wanted to take up more cap space for more LTIR relief. But we're within $9K of the cap as it is.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
With the Delta variant raging in many states, especially FL and TX, I don't see how a regular season will work, especially at the US-Canada border. Even if fully vaccinated , you can still have a viral load almost the same as an unvaccinated person, so can transmit it. This is the least favourable months for the virus, so a surge is expected as the months get colder and folks spend more time indoors.
At what point does a game get postponed/canceled, if there a positive test with players/coaches etc? What happens if the US-Canada border is completely shut down again?

Also there is crowd. You can't expect 19K fans all to be fully vaccinated, and wearing a mask 100% of the time, many shouting.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
With the Delta variant raging in many states, especially FL and TX, I don't see how a regular season will work, especially at the US-Canada border. Even if fully vaccinated , you can still have a viral load almost the same as an unvaccinated person, so can transmit it. This is the least favourable months for the virus, so a surge is expected as the months get colder and folks spend more time indoors.
At what point does a game get postponed/canceled, if there a positive test with players/coaches etc? What happens if the US-Canada border is completely shut down again?

Also there is crowd. You can't expect 19K fans all to be fully vaccinated, and wearing a mask 100% of the time, many shouting.
Florida seems to be moving pretty fast on booster shots, with CVS and Walgreens planning to offer them to people with immune system issues (cancer patients, etc.)

Montreal went without their head coach in the playoffs due to catching it, but just kept rolling.

What the ECHL was doing last season was some type of threshold (I don't know what it was exactly, or how formal) where a game will get postponed/canceled if there's a high rate of infection through a team. One guy every few weeks won't set it off, but if like 4 test positive suddenly, or guys on both teams in the same city, it's an issue. This was also pre-vaccine, so it may need tweaking.

I've been saying since basically the beginning that at some point they're just going to decide to tank through everything. While young kids, and people who legitimately aren't able to take the vaccine exist, you just can't help some people.

I follow a bunch of hockey players on Twitter, and it's disappointing to see them give likes to anti-vax type tweets. (in the 'it's experimental drugs' sense, rather than 'Bill Gates is going to spy on me by giving me 5G') Like every country on Earth is cool with vaccines, but suddenly the one for COVID doesn't have all the science in.

Reactions: DrMartinVanNostrand

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

I figure this variant will burn itself out by the start of the season the rate it's going. There's also a lot of debate among virologists whether the viral load in a vaccinated person is truly the same. They're detecting the same amount of RNA, but that's not proof that said RNA is viable virus. There's also plenty of evidence to suggest that even if vaccinated people can transmit, it's for a much briefer period than unvaccinated people. All I know I'm planning on going to games with an N95 mask right now, lol.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
No one is mentioning the loss of that 3rd line and all they did for this team. The ability on the PK alone allowed the top guys to keep there minutes for 5x5 and the PP. Im not saying that we do not have guys that can play the PK but there minutes on the PK will effect the flow of Coopers scheme add on unproven rookies. But do not Despair we have Anthoney By Gawd Cirelli he will save it all, he is gonna have 30 goals and 80 points average 31 minutes per game win the Selke and the Hart.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
No one is mentioning the loss of that 3rd line and all they did for this team. The ability on the PK alone allowed the top guys to keep there minutes for 5x5 and the PP. Im not saying that we do not have guys that can play the PK but there minutes on the PK will effect the flow of Coopers scheme add on unproven rookies. But do not Despair we have Anthoney By Gawd Cirelli he will save it all, he is gonna have 30 goals and 80 points average 31 minutes per game win the Selke and the Hart.

Once again, so glad they have a good GM and 2 cups vs whatever mediocre team you would've created as GM. I guess they could've laughably overpaid Coleman and Goodrow, thereby ensuring having no chance of keeping more important players(like Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev) when they need new contracts. While keeping Gourde and Goodrow would've been nice, after seeing what Goodrow was asking for, no thanks. JBB had a tough choice, lose a great dman, pay a 1st+(at minimum) to have Seattle take Johnson, or risk losing one of Gourde/Palat/Killorn. Tampa added bottom 6 toughness and still kept Colton to be a key piece in the middle 6.. Tampa needs 1, maybe 2 rookies to step up, and given their track record in the past 5 or so years, chances are good they will contribute fine. Cirelli is not needed to be a ppg type offensive weapon, but will likely be the 50 or so point 2 way standout he has all the tools to be. Sorry Tampa didn't ridiculously overpay for 3rd liners on way too long contracts or attach Cirelli to move Johnson for a crap return, but as per usual, Brisebois seemed to have a solid plan and mostly succeeded. Tampa is still easily a top 5 contender and will face challenges for sure, but that was always going to be the case.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I think it will be hard to replace but it's probably harder to replace our top six and top 4 d. We sort of sacrificed our bottom 6 and bottom fillers on d to keep our best players. Which I am fine with. You are right though it won't be easy to replace something that worked as great as that third line did. We will be lucky to find guys as effective as they were. However it's not impossible to find guys that work well enough. As others have said we really just need to be better than our competition which while is easier said than done, still think it's doable with the group we have. Not out of question that a young player or two can help relieve those losses but also not out of question that they can't get some guy in a trade to play that role well too. Should be a little easier to acquire than what we could need in a top 6 top 4 role. Jbb has them in a nice position to make a run at this again if the stars align.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Once again, so glad they have a good GM and 2 cups vs whatever mediocre team you would've created as GM. I guess they could've laughably overpaid Coleman and Goodrow, thereby ensuring having no chance of keeping more important players(like Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev) when they need new contracts. While keeping Gourde and Goodrow would've been nice, after seeing what Goodrow was asking for, no thanks. JBB had a tough choice, lose a great dman, pay a 1st+(at minimum) to have Seattle take Johnson, or risk losing one of Gourde/Palat/Killorn. Tampa added bottom 6 toughness and still kept Colton to be a key piece in the middle 6.. Tampa needs 1, maybe 2 rookies to step up, and given their track record in the past 5 or so years, chances are good they will contribute fine. Cirelli is not needed to be a ppg type offensive weapon, but will likely be the 50 or so point 2 way standout he has all the tools to be. Sorry Tampa didn't ridiculously overpay for 3rd liners on way too long contracts or attach Cirelli to move Johnson for a crap return, but as per usual, Brisebois seemed to have a solid plan and mostly succeeded. Tampa is still easily a top 5 contender and will face challenges for sure, but that was always going to be the case.
And you are one of the posters who disagreed with me about Points contract as well. So you are not not right all the time either.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I think it will be hard to replace but it's probably harder to replace our top six and top 4 d. We sort of sacrificed our bottom 6 and bottom fillers on d to keep our best players. Which I am fine with. You are right though it won't be easy to replace something that worked as great as that third line did. We will be lucky to find guys as effective as they were. However it's not impossible to find guys that work well enough. As others have said we really just need to be better than our competition which while is easier said than done, still think it's doable with the group we have. Not out of question that a young player or two can help relieve those losses but also not out of question that they can't get some guy in a trade to play that role well too. Should be a little easier to acquire than what we could need in a top 6 top 4 role. Jbb has them in a nice position to make a run at this again if the stars align.
It is just a bad situation that will impact the entire roster, Having to play Point, Stamkos, Killorn even more minutes on the PK was my point those minutes take away from offensive minutes they had last year. I mean is not like Joseph or any of the young guys are ready to PK. You might think Coop will allow the kids to try a few shifts but there is a better chance Maroon gets more minutes there too.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
It is just a bad situation that will impact the entire roster, Having to play Point, Stamkos, Killorn even more minutes on the PK was my point those minutes take away from offensive minutes they had last year. I mean is not like Joseph or any of the young guys are ready to PK. You might think Coop will allow the kids to try a few shifts but there is a better chance Maroon gets more minutes there too.

joseph has been on the pk for years now idk what you are talking about

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
PEB will play on the PK in place of Goodrow. Killorn, Cirelli, Stamkos all have been regulars on the PK and are still there. Kids will get a shot. We’ll be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad