Post-Game Talk: Your 2016 Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins (Parade 11:30 am WED.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
On NHL Live today EJ Hradek is asked if teams will copy the Pens and go with speed and skill as opposed to the big and heavy game.

He says "you need the speed because there is less obstruction these days..."

I like EJ, but what games do these guys watch? We are getting to, if not already in dead puck era 2.0 right now. There is a ton of obstruction on the ice every night.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Now I'm home I'm going to spend most of tomorrow after work buying Pens gear.

Checking places first as I find NHL.shop can be a bit more expensive than others.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
On NHL Live today EJ Hradek is asked if teams will copy the Pens and go with speed and skill as opposed to the big and heavy game.

I like EJ, but what games do these guys watch? We are getting to, if not already in dead puck era 2.0 right now. There is a ton of obstruction on the ice every night.

I hope teams try to just pile up skill and speed, because that's really only half the formula. Without the toughness and churning legs of guys like Crosby, PH, Hags, Cullen, Rust etc, it won't amount to much. Nobody in the hockey world likes to give the Pens credit for being incredibly tough and disciplined.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Going to buy more stuff now.

Need a flag.

Penguins%20speak%20loudly_zpsdopd4yws.jpg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Speed negates obstruction because it's such an obvious hold/obstruction when a speedy guy is coming down and chipping it by you.

Also speed is more for pressure as opposed to in-zone play. EJ is way off there.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Thinking;

3 - T-Shirts
2 - Bobble-Heads
Stanley Cup Picture
Penguins Coin
Signed Murray Photo

Should do.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Now I'm home I'm going to spend most of tomorrow after work buying Pens gear.

Checking places first as I find NHL.shop can be a bit more expensive than others.

Unfortunately every place is kind of expensive. I dropped $100 on a shirt for me, my wife, and 2 kids.... And one kids is a toddler and the other a preschooler. I don't care....I'd like this opportunity to spend money on a new Pens Cup Champs shirt every year!

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Unfortunately every place is kind of expensive. I dropped $100 on a shirt for me, my wife, and 2 kids.... And one kids is a toddler and the other a preschooler. I don't care....I'd like this opportunity to spend money on a new Pens Cup Champs shirt every year!

Yeah, same. Need to check shirt sizes etc then will order tomorrow.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I've been shopping the past couple days, I have an absurd amount in my cart, time to start process of elimination. lol

Still wish I could find the last round's hat...NHL Shop teased me today by bringing that hat out as the youth draft hat...
thumb.aspx

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
For Martin, I hope he gets another opportunity. For my own selfish desires, I hope we can hang on to him for a few more years.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

Yea it's money well spent IMO. I got a shirt for me, hoodie for my fiancée, onesie for my son, the dvd and a hat. Was about 150 on fanatics.com with free shipping and a 10% first responder discount.

So not bad in my opinion. I still have to pick which plaque I want to go with my 09 one.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I've been shopping the past couple days, I have an absurd amount in my cart, time to start process of elimination. lol

Still wish I could find the last round's hat...NHL Shop teased me today by bringing that hat out as the youth draft hat...
thumb.aspx

Yep. That's the hat I have been looking for as well. They even updated it with a Cup Finals patch. Everywhere I go, the damn thing is sold out.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
I have a blank away jersey that I bought in 09 for all our road wins. Think I'll put Murray on it. Need to save some cash though, plan on moving soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad