Post-Game Talk: Your 2016 Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins (Parade 11:30 am WED.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I'm guessing breaking ankes doesn't fall into the "relevant statistical categories" domain?

To be fair I was only really counting Cups and playoff stats and being my usual insufferable self. :laugh:

But honestly, I just pulled up their regular season stats, and they're surprisingly close in production, albeit Crosby's like 400 games faster than ol' Two Hander.

And to be fair, Sid has broken a fair amount of ankles... see his assist on Sheary's goal in Game 1.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
2009 and 2016 are the greatest troll/middle finger Cups of the last 2 decades.

The more people talk about how boring the playoffs were or complain about shot blocking or talk about the Pens being on a lucky hot streak and they'll never catch lightning in a bottle again the more I enjoy it tbh.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I haven't been enjoying it much, tbh. I wonder if I should wade onto the main boards

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kessel won't even be on team USA because they'd rather have jabronis like Justin Abdelkader and Ryan Callahan. As an American I find that so embarrassing.

jtorts.jpg

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Hilarious story about Nick Johnson. Dude went to Dartmouth and my buddy who went there knew him. When Johnson went to the Wild, one game they were losing and Devin Setoguchi got into an argument with him. Johnson just happened to have scored a goal in each of the last two game and he mouthed off to Setoguchi. That was the beginning of the end for him there.

Interesting. Always thought Johnson had more of a future and thought he looked ok in the few games he played for the Pens. Makes sense now why he didn't last in Minnesota.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
That's a little strange. I thought Martin was done as a coach and really only stepped up from his original position because we needed him.

Must have the itch again I guess.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Dean Lombardi is the GM, folks. He's the guy who made that ridiculous speech about building his team via grit last year. Torts probably doesn't like Kessel, but I think he knows you don't score goals without similar players to Kessel that he had in NY with Nash and Gaborik.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Dean Lombardi is the GM, folks. He's the guy who made that ridiculous speech about building his team via grit last year. Torts probably doesn't like Kessel, but I think he knows you don't score goals without similar players to Kessel that he had in NY with Nash and Gaborik.

He's also the ******* who let a guy suspended for domestic violence practice with the team and then played dumb about it after. This may be the first time I root against Team USA like ever.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I really hope Gonchar takes a more prominent role on the coaching staff. He could be in charge of the power play and could be to Letang what Bales was to Fleury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad