Speculation: Your 2013-2014 Detroit Red Wings

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I think it's just window-dressing that further exposes the organization as one where the finish line is making the playoffs and getting that extra revenue. It's another off-season where the Wings have not made one step toward winning another Cup IMO.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Z-Dats-Alfie
Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist
Tatar-Helm-Bert
Miller-Andersson-Abby
Eaves/Tootoo

RedWingsNow*

Both, that's why I can't understand people complaining about the deal. He's a legit 2C who can put up 60 points centering his own line and contribute in all phases of the game. This is a great signing and I am one who has more or less ripped Holland non-stop since he traded for Kyle Quincey.

Only way he scores 60 points is with 3:30 of PP time.

is Weiss going to knock Pavel, Hank or Mule off the first unit?

Hell no.

Expect about 15 goals, 45 points -- if he's recovered.

RedWingsNow*

I think it's just window-dressing that further exposes the organization as one where the finish line is making the playoffs and getting that extra revenue. It's another off-season where the Wings have not made one step toward winning another Cup IMO.

What I wonder is -- could we have improved our PK with a guy like Scuderi and then traded Quincey for a 7th if we had to.

Grabovski+Morrow+Scuderi would have been a nice day.

Someone who works with pavel. Some toughness and leadership and production from Morrow. Toughness and grit on defense.

Instead we get another Team Sweden and more Holland wonderbread in Weiss

Last edited by a moderator:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 4 min
Babcock said as of now Helm is 3rd-line C and Andersson is slotted to be 4th line C. Weiss at No. 2. Datsyuk with Zetterberg on top line.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
"Well, obviously we plug Weiss and Alfie in on the 4th line. This allows us to keep Kaeder up top and then some combination of Franzen, Bertuzzi and Sammy on the wings. Man, I wish Kenny had resigned Danny Cleary. That boy is realgud, got a lotta heart" - Mike Babcock's diary.

;)

:laugh:

Wayne Crosby

Jan 28, 2013
to me it now looks like this:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Franzen - Weiss - Nyquist
Tatar - Helm - Abdelkader
Miller - Andersson - Eaves

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Franzén - Weiss - Nyquist
Tatar - Helm - Bertuzzi
Miller - Andersson - Abdelkader

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
this is very good news

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 49s

#redwings Holland says C Darren Helm (back) is feeling "very good."

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m

Ken Holland: "Darren Helm feeling better, except him healthy at training camp."

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
this is very good news

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 49s

#redwings Holland says C Darren Helm (back) is feeling "very good."

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m

Ken Holland: "Darren Helm feeling better, except him healthy at training camp."

amazing.

should be a fun year for sure.

Aug 6, 2012
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Nyquist/Tatar
Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson
Nyquist/Tatar - Helm - Abdelkader
Miller - Andersson - Tootoo/Bertuzzi/Eaves/Emmerton

Tatar plays a game that would work very well alongside Pavel and Hank, so I'm almost leaning towards him on that 1st line though Nyquist would be great as well. My favorite part of this signing is the ability to run three scoring lines if needed:

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Alfredssom
Nyquist/Tatar - Zetterberg - Franzen
Miller - Weiss - Nyquist/Tatar
Abdelkader - Helm - Andersson/Tootoo/Eaves/Emmerton

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My favourite lines:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar (this line will make the biggest impact to our success at next season)
Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Nyquist/Tatar
Nyquist/Tatar - Helm - Abdelkader
Miller - Andersson - Tootoo/Bertuzzi/Eaves/Emmerton

Tatar plays a game that would work very well alongside Pavel and Hank, so I'm almost leaning towards him on that 1st line though Nyquist would be great as well. My favorite part of this signing is the ability to run three scoring lines if needed:

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Alfredssom
Nyquist/Tatar - Zetterberg - Franzen
Miller - Weiss - Nyquist/Tatar
Abdelkader - Helm - Andersson/Tootoo/Eaves/Emmerton

Was going to post something similar. The ability to throw 3 scoring lines will be huge. That 3rd scoring line may not be top 6 quality, but there still enough skill to get by.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfie
Nyquist-Weiss-Mule
Tatar-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Andersson-Abdelkader
Eaves/Tootoo/Samuelsson/Emmerton

Kronwall-Ericsson
Kindl-Dekeyser
Smith-Quincey
Lashoff

My problem of course is what to do with Emmerton, Sammy and Tootoo? Eaves is a perfect 13th forward.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Chad Billins @ChadBillins4

Want to thank @griffinshockey for an incredible season! But now looking forward to the opportunity with the Flames organization!! #blessed

Chad Billins signed for Calgary. Nothing unexpected...

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Somewhat of a crazy thought here, but with Alfredsson choosing Detroit over Ottawa because of his chances at a Cup, I wonder if Holland has a deal in the works for a big name defenseman. It's not like Detroit's that much better than Ottawa.

We know they went after Edler and I'd assume that's still a possibility. There were also rumors a few days ago that Phaneuf is on the block.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Somewhat of a crazy thought here, but with Alfredsson choosing Detroit over Ottawa because of his chances at a Cup, I wonder if Holland has a deal in the works for a big name defenseman. It's not like Detroit's that much better than Ottawa.

We know they went after Edler and I'd assume that's still a possibility. There were also rumors a few days ago that Phaneuf is on the block.

it was reported that Detroit did make an offer for Edler which you dont d unless he is the guy you want as its not like free agency offers

we signed two centres today in weiss and glendening

does it make sheahan expendable?

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006

i'd like to wish that were true but I honestly think that the wings luckily still have a bit of an image as an upper echelon team, and then add in the swedish factor we have here, probably what caused him to choose us, cause I agree with what you said, in reality we probably aren't that much better than Ottawa at the moment, and with a healthy Karlsson/Spezza all season and now Ryan, Ottawa should still be a pretty good team next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad