Post-Game Talk: You Gelly ???? Sens Fans...... Devils win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching that second goal against again. Wow Fayne and Volchenkov looked really bad.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
It's not really comparable. When we see Josefson or Tedenby on a PP or a consistent top 9 role, we can talk.

And there in lies the problem......
JJ and Tedyboo suck because they don't get minutes, or is it JJ and Tedenby don't get minutes because they suck. (suck is a harsh word, but couldn't think of a better one that still made the point). I mean, would you even want either of them in a top 9 role consistently or on the PP?
Hell, Clowe has more points than JJ, and most of us forgot Clowe was even alive.

Last edited:

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Ottawa wasn't very good tonight....I don't know about putting a cold Cory in for the next game against the Ducks. Either way he's going to face a tough opponent, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Edit: I completely forgot that goal was on the pk...usually don't like Gio there. Who were the forwards on for the 2 pp goals against? Fayne and Volch definitely got abused, I do remember that.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
And there in lies the problem......
JJ and Tedyboo suck because they don't get minutes, or is it JJ and Tedenby don't get minutes because they suck. (suck is a harsh word, but couldn't think of a better one that still made the point). I mean, would you even want either of them in a top 9 role consistently or on the PP?
Hell, Clowe has more points than JJ, and most of us forgot Clowe was even alive.

Considering how bad our top 9, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Go ask the NHL board how great our top 9 is?

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I guess we can't make fun of Ottawa because we're not as good as them.

Oh wait.

I think you typically go after low hanging fruit if you have any common sense. Going after a generational talent like Karlsson isn't too smart.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Gelinas is playing nearly 20 minutes a game with 2nd PP time. Merrill is playing major minutes now. Boucher actually was inserted on the first line for a brief time. In contrast, the two Swedes have been buried down on lines with less than adequate minutes. It's not really comparable. When we see Josefson or Tedenby on a PP or a consistent top 9 role, we can talk.

seriously? Let it go man, its obvious both Josefson and Tedenby are not NHL players at this point - all you're doing is making excuses for them now. Its not a coincidence that nearly everybody on the roster makes more of an impact than them.

You need to figure out when to cut your losses and move on. Its over, they're not NHL'ers, no matter how many excuses people keep trying to come up with. The bottom line is this - if they are capable of playing in this league, they would have forced the coach to give them more playing time. Instead, the exact opposite happened, and now Tedenby is in the AHL and Josefson is likely going to sit on the bench the rest of the season as long as Gionta is healthy, and rightfully so.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

seriously? Let it go man, its obvious both Josefson and Tedenby are not NHL players at this point - all you're doing is making excuses for them now. Its not a coincidence that nearly everybody on the roster makes more of an impact than them.

You need to figure out when to cut your losses and move on. Its over, they're not NHL'ers, no matter how many excuses people keep trying to come up with. The bottom line is this - if they are capable of playing in this league, they would have forced the coach to give them more playing time. Instead, the exact opposite happened, and now Tedenby is in the AHL and Josefson is likely going to sit on the bench the rest of the season as long as Gionta is healthy, and rightfully so.

Tedenby might be a lost cause, I'll give you that, but Josefson IS NHL caliber. He's a very solid 3rd line center and for those who didn't give a crap about our #1 center producing offensively, should give this kid the same lenght of rope Zajac (if not more) when talking about a potential bottom 6 center.

The kid doesn't score, ok, we get that. Is he playing with players that compliment his game... no. Did he get a shot with veteran linemates during the regular season... no. Did he look GREAT in preseason playing alongside Elias and Brunner... yes.

Moving Josefson would be a mistake IMO, unless we can package him with one of our rookie d-man for a top line forward.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Niceeeeeeee.
828330565.gif

Anybody have video of the MSG slow mo that showed it wasn't a slash?

you mean that one?

Here it is slowed even more. Good non-call. Cowen put his stick way out to his right without even having the puck and tried to block Brunner from playing it. Brunner just bull dogged him. I hope we see more of that from him.

slo-mo_zpsaad454cb.gif~original

Last edited:

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
you mean that one?

Here it is slowed even more. Good non-call. Cowen put his stick way out to his right without even having the puck and tried to block Brunner from playing it. Brunner just bull dogged him. I hope we see more of that from him.

slo-mo_zpsaad454cb.gif~original

at 6.8 left in the 2nd they showed the reverse angle in slow motion. They didn't show the reverse angle reply during the goal celebration play back. Right before the period ended they showed the reverse angle.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Tedenby might be a lost cause, I'll give you that, but Josefson IS NHL caliber. He's a very solid 3rd line center and for those who didn't give a crap about our #1 center producing offensively, should give this kid the same lenght of rope Zajac (if not more) when talking about a potential bottom 6 center.

The kid doesn't score, ok, we get that. Is he playing with players that compliment his game... no. Did he get a shot with veteran linemates during the regular season... no. Did he look GREAT in preseason playing alongside Elias and Brunner... yes.

Moving Josefson would be a mistake IMO, unless we can package him with one of our rookie d-man for a top line forward.

Totally agree.

Josefson has looked good this season, after looking good in the pre season. He does need to find a way to put some points on the board, but Gio just scored his first of the season, and he's played way more games, even with the injury. So double standard for sure.

I think JJ is a legit NHL player right now.

The one part I sort of partially hesitate to agree with is Ted's as the lost cause. I thought this up till last week and his Albany stint. Which gave me an inkling of him possibly having something. But I do have less hope for him.

JJ I still do like. Hate seeing him rotting on the bench at this stage of his career. Wish he could at least go to Albany(and I don't see why Ted's was not kept down there longer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad