Post-Game Talk: You Gelly ???? Sens Fans...... Devils win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
IMO losing Urbom to waivers was one of the best things to happen to us. I always thought Urbom was meh, and that he would possibly prevent Gelinas from coming up first since he had the seniority.

He could have been traded for at least a 3rd round pick or something. We all know this team will desperately need picks.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
My face from the opening face-off til the final horn:
tumblr_mxu067Da3H1ql4e6oo1_250.gif

For as crappy as last week was for me, this week has been pretty dang nice. Devils doin' some good for my holiday break.:nod:

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
I wish the Devils would do this more often. Unfortunately most teams have a legit top pair defenseman in the lineup.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 7m
Jagr: “It’s a long streak for me without a goal. Zubie did a great job to shut me down eight games. Finally, I jumped on the ice when he wasn’t there, so I could break the streak.""

Oh Jaromir. :laugh:

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
1st and 3rd lines were the best tonight. Good to see Brunner stay hot too. I remember that I said last month that all he needed was some space because his hands are so good. It was also good to see Loktionov getting in the slot and putting more pucks on net.

Merrill is sex. Great defensive positioning and he can move the puck extremely well. Looks like an 8-year vet. All our of defensemen played well tonight really.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
What was the quote?

He was talking about how hard Gelly's shot is and that he's gonna scare a lot of teams with it. Said how his play/shot really opens up a lot of options that the Devils never really had from the blue in all the time that he can remember. He was struggling to find a shot to compare it to but he said Richer was maybe the closest. He was going on an on about him, awesome.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
He was talking about how hard Gelly's shot is and that he's gonna scare a lot of teams with it. Said how his play/shot really opens up a lot of options that the Devils never really had from the blue in all the time that he can remember. He was struggling to find a shot to compare it to but he said Richer was maybe the closest. He was going on an on about him, awesome.

Well Marty would know...

In a well documented legend, during one pre-game warm up session in New Jersey, Richer fired a slapshot at his own goalie, Martin Brodeur, which shattered the cup in Brodeur's jock strap, leaving him bruised and nauseated. Brodeur had to leave the ice and change equipment moments before the game started.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Right, because one game determines whether you're a Norris winner or not? :help: He would lead the Devils in points while playing against top lines each night.

For all the things you can chirp about, this one would be the bottom on the list.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Right, because one game determines whether you're a Norris winner or not? :help: He would lead the Devils in points while playing against top lines each night.

For all the things you can chirp about, this one would be the bottom on the list.

Who cares bro...you have Erik Karlsson on your team it doesn't matter what people say he's still one of the best defenseman in the world. Obviously people are going to trash(even though it's not true) because it's the nature of competitive sports not something you should really take to heart.

But I will say some of this bashing sounds really dumb.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Hopefully Clowe is in for Janssen on Friday and all of a sudden we can roll 4 pretty solid lines. Get at least a point in both games this weekend and I'll be a happy camper.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What's with all the Karlsson bashing? The guy has 31 points in 35 games and set up the first Ottawa goal tonight. No he's not Zdeno Chara defending but he's not exactly a net negative either (well his plus/minus is negative but his team's a trainwreck).

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
457770203_slide.jpg

Not everyone is hating on Karlsson. Personally, I'd take him on this team any day of the week.

Niedermayer wasn't that great defensively either as a young kid, but you can't teach skating like that...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He could have been traded for at least a 3rd round pick or something. We all know this team will desperately need picks.

Nineteen teams didn't take Urbom for FREE...how was he going to get traded for a pick? Odds are if it wasn't for Oates being in Washington and knowing the player Urbom would have passed through entirely.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
What's with all the Karlsson bashing? The guy has 31 points in 35 games and set up the first Ottawa goal tonight. No he's not Zdeno Chara defending but he's not exactly a net negative either (well his plus/minus is negative but his team's a trainwreck).

Some people have to trash everything. But EK is a player we could only dream to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad