• Gundam Wing

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I like LOC - Helm - Cogs, simply because we know that's a highly effective 4th line in the playoffs for us. Or at least it can be.

But I dunno what you do with the Top 9 if that's your 4th line, especially if we do end up being at 100% health for Game 1, you'd have:

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
Landy - JTC - Nuke
ERod - Eller - Newhook
LOC - Helm - Cogs

I guess? But then Malgin is sitting, and I guess Nieto is sitting?

It actually feels like at full health we've got decent overall depth, we're just really missing that 1 more legit Top 6 forward to push that Top 6 over the edge. JTC just stands out in a really bad way at the 2C spot of that lineup.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Just finished the game.

f*** that ref for playing goalie. What a f***ing joke.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Can't wait to watch this replay. Sad to see Galchenyuk re-assigned.

I missed the game because a friend of mine (girl in America) is measuring her self worth based on the feelings of a fellow she's known for ONE week. She was literally considering suicide, so I spent hours on the phone validating, reassuring, and just listening to her.

Why the HELL am I saying this on an NHL forum in a GameDay thread you ask? Well, I care about each and every one of you.

If you ever need help or support, reach out. You aren't alone and there are people that care. There really are guys. Also, and please consider this. If you even HALF believe or perceive that someone is struggling, make the effort to try and reach out / help them.

Life is short guys. That's why it's so amazing what beautiful joy this best team in the world provides us. I love this damned team ! So much.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Great win. Makar is the best defenceman on the planet AINEC. I didnt liked Byram today, he was slowing the pace too much and I was f***ing scared for his health because he was again putting himself in vulnerable position on the boards. Forth line was pretty good, and George was awesome. I even didnt mind Newhook, who was bad again but atleast very engaged this time.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Great win. Makar is the best defenceman on the planet AINEC. I didnt liked Byram today, he was slowing the pace too much and I was f***ing scared for his health because he was again putting himself in vulnerable position on the boards. Forth line was pretty good, and George was awesome. I even didnt mind Newhook, who was bad again but atleast very engaged this time.

Are you surprised the fourth line was good this game? I’m not. They’re normally good but they practically singlehandedly lost the game vs the Penguins.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Are you surprised the fourth line was good this game? I’m not. They’re normally good but they practically singlehandedly lost the game vs the Penguins.

Actually I was surprised. It is so funny to me that Bednar is feeding Galchenyuk 4 min because he dont trust him but then MacDermid is averaging 8:14 min. I know he is on D but he should average that in AHL.

And I just noticed that Girard is -14 which is by far the worst on the team. How did he manage that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Cale Makar is the x factor. Nobody else has a comparable. Therefore the Avalanche can contend with anyone in the playoffs. I don't care what anyone says.

Mikko and MacKinnon are not bad either.
As long as we are healthy (which is obviously a BIG if), we are still one of the best teams in the league and absolutely the favourite from West. I've been less concerned about the lack of a true #2C, because we have a d-corps unmatched by anyone in the league. When Makar is on the ice, it's a cheat code anyways.

Just need to hope for better health than last year, and obviously need Landy at some capacity. But should we get that, I like our chances of b2b. The eastern playoffs will be a bloodbath, whoever gets through is going to be tired as f***.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Actually I was surprised. It is so funny to me that Bednar is feeding Galchenyuk 4 min because he dont trust him but then MacDermid is averaging 8:14 min. I know he is on D but he should average that in AHL.

And I just noticed that Girard is -14 which is by far the worst on the team. How did he manage that?

I think Girard’s been better than his +/- indicates. It’s still not a great look and he did have a poor start to the year, but he plays a lot of minutes without MacKinnon and with all the injuries this year the Avs have iced one of the worst bottom-9’s in the league this season.

G without MacK is a 38% GF%, and 48 XGF%. Part of that is on him, because Makar’s non-MacKinnon numbers are significantly better, but he shouldn’t have to be held to that standard.

That said, I didn’t really like Girard, or Byram last night.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
My hot take is that he still wins the Norris this year, even with the games missed.
If he keeps putting up points and the Avs keep winning and he looks murderous like last night; it’s going to be hard to deny him top votes. He’s already the best and everyone knows it, but those nerds need stats to back it up some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad