• FLCL

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Gundam Wing

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I prefer Girard with Manson and Byram with EJ but point standa

Either way, healthy Avs D is ridiclous. Love the jack johnson trade too right now, him taking those minutes really helped. We probably shouldn't have let him go in the first place but couldn't promise him a top 6 role.

Reactions: LOFIN

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
JJ has been steady as a rock since we got him. He just works in our system somehow. It's actually kinda weird.
Our system works better for offensively aggressive dmen. Its forgiving to dmen who sometimes make mistakes or are in the "wrong position" because the forwards backcheck so hard. We can't have forwards who can't turn on a dime and bust their ass to backcheck (hence why Kaut couldn't fit in).

Reactions: lionsDen

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
JJ has been steady as a rock since we got him. He just works in our system somehow. It's actually kinda weird.
He played well during the last run, I didn't expect there to be any problems with him.

Having him back is great. Not just for the on ice impact, he seems like the most likeable dude and surely has a huge impact on the locker room.

Reactions: Vk1ing

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Missed this one but saw the extended highlights. Great W and another one that we really have no business but to win.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

I've thought this too. It's like the Avs play with a tempo or rhythm that agrees with him. If you didn't see it, you wouldn't necessarily expect it.

Reactions: Avs9296

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Can't wait to watch this replay. Sad to see Galchenyuk re-assigned.

I missed the game because a friend of mine (girl in America) is measuring her self worth based on the feelings of a fellow she's known for ONE week. She was literally considering suicide, so I spent hours on the phone validating, reassuring, and just listening to her.

Why the HELL am I saying this on an NHL forum in a GameDay thread you ask? Well, I care about each and every one of you.

If you ever need help or support, reach out. You aren't alone and there are people that care. There really are guys. Also, and please consider this. If you even HALF believe or perceive that someone is struggling, make the effort to try and reach out / help them.

Life is short guys. That's why it's so amazing what beautiful joy this best team in the world provides us. I love this damned team ! So much.
You have proven time and again not all humans are shitty humans. More people should follow your example

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
He would've 100pts and would suddenly be great defensively for sure ! :sarcasm:
If he played with Mackinnon or Mcdavid he would easily surpass 150 points. If he can almost get 100 points on a bad sharks team he definitely would be rivaling Bobby Orr for the GOAT on a good team. Did you know he once took a mediocre sens team to within one goal of the Stanley Cup final? Dumb NHL players, I can’t believe 63% of them voted Makar as the best d man in the Nhl. Don’t they realize he plays on a good team?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If he played with Mackinnon or Mcdavid he would easily surpass 150 points. If he can almost get 100 points on a bad sharks team he definitely would be rivaling Bobby Orr for the GOAT on a good team. Did you know he once took a mediocre sens team to within one goal of the Stanley Cup final? Dumb NHL players, I can’t believe 63% of them voted Makar as the best d man in the Nhl. Don’t they realize he plays on a good team?
I doubt this. Why is he suddenly having a career year when the Sharks are a pile of doo doo and many of their proven players were traded away? He's getting a lot more opportunity and high offensive zone starts this year seem the likely answers.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Karlsson is one of those guys that needs to be THE guy. Im not shocked that his numbers have gone up this season after Burns left.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Karlsson is one of those guys that needs to be THE guy. Im not shocked that his numbers have gone up this season after Burns left.

Karlsson was having a fantastic season last year too before he got hurt. It was Burns who ran aground and has since found his way again in Carolina, likely because he's now on a team that can properly mitigate his shortcomings.

Burns IMO is way worse defensively than Karlsson ever was, don't know if the numbers yield that though. He plays like the converted scoring forward he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad