Post-Game Talk: Yotes @ Senators - 6-2 Victory - Two buck Tkachuk

yogibear

Mar 21, 2007
Ottawa/Gatineau
I was at the game. Only saw one single Yote’s fan. Lot’s of Sens goals.
If only more fans would go to the games.
It took about 15 minutes to be on the 417.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
No because despite all the indications he was steadily improving people refused to accept this and continued to shit on him every chance they got. If they had their way we'd have some 6'5'' goon on D in his place so yeah, I'll continue to tell these posters "I told you so" all season long.
If the goon can be Matt Carkner I’ll be okay with it. :D

Glad Brannstrom is doing good it’s an actual exciting season.

• Haha
Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
It is really truly something I haven’t seen in a while where Ottawa limited teams to just 20 shots in 2 straight games. Even the 2017 team was getting outshot every night.

This team looks like it could dominate teams with the amount of talent it has.

I am still not liking Hamonic at all, we are winning despite his best Zaitsev impressions. Dude doesn’t do anything right and is always the weakest link on the ice.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
No because despite all the indications he was steadily improving people refused to accept this and continued to shit on him every chance they got. If they had their way we'd have some 6'5'' goon on D in his place so yeah, I'll continue to tell these posters "I told you so" all season long.

Yes, because people love hearing "I told you so" the first time so why not do it all season long? Maybe if you were right a little more often, you'd have figured that out.

Assen na yo!

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
This was a statement game imo. I know AZ are not world beaters, but the victory shows a maturity and professionalism to their game. These were points the team was supposed to have, and they didn't squander that opportunity. They stayed consistent most the game and took care of business.

This is a huge change from the last several years. They got me believing.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This team is really fun to watch when they start forechecking like wild animals, then have the talent to make plays when they win the puck. One of the more complete Sens teams I can remember where there isn't a waste of a spot to a useless player.

Pinto now gets a massive opportunity and he's looked great, so let's do it!

Reactions: Alex1234 and DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Nice afternoon game, loving the journey this team is on.

Rough news about Norris, you could tell that he knew it was serious by the way he walked the tunnel. Damn.

Looks like Brass time.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Not sure how it came off on tv but there was a good let's go Forsberg chant in the arena.

When Forsberg was pulling those big saves on the late Arizona PPs, the fans were loud and you could really feel that energy of the team and home crowd feeding off each other.

I know Sens fans have a traditionally low estimation of afternoon games, but it's always great for me in Europe to be able to see a live game at a reasonable hour. Last couple of years it's been hard to make the effort and I've actually been managing to fix my sleep schedule but I may have to pull a few late-nighters this year to catch some evening games too.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sounds like it was a great game. Guys are gelling a lot faster than I thought they would.

But what the hell is it with this team and shoulder injuries?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So I'd slide Brassard between Giroux and DeBrincat and keep that 3rd line intact.

Is Motte this year's Brown? I see he had almost 19 minutes of ice time.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I sadly had to watch the Arizona feed for the game yesterday and it was embarrassing how many times they mistaken Brannstrom for Batherson and the other way around. Basically made a drinking game out of it at that point.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So I'd slide Brassard between Giroux and DeBrincat and keep that 3rd line intact.

Is Motte this year's Brown? I see he had almost 19 minutes of ice time.
It's a bit different, last night was the result of all the special teams play, 4th line didn't see a lot of ice, after that Motte only had more ES icetime than Norris who got hurt.

Not sure why but somehow Motte had 30 secs more PP time than the next closest forward at 2:55 (I know he was on for that last one where we played guys like Zub and Joseph). I didn't mind giving him a chance on the 2nd unit after he showed some real chemistry with Pinto in preseason, he's not bad at retrieval of the puck, but under no circumstances should he be leading the team in PP icetime

He also led in pk time with 4:16, so 7:09 in special teams

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It's a bit different, last night was the result of all the special teams play, 4th line didn't see a lot of ice, after that Motte only had more ES icetime than Norris who got hurt.

Not sure why but somehow Motte had 30 secs more PP time than the next closest forward at 2:55 (I know he was on for that last one where we played guys like Zub and Joseph). I didn't mind giving him a chance on the 2nd unit after he showed some real chemistry with Pinto in preseason, he's not bad at retrieval of the puck, but under no circumstances should he be leading the team in PP icetime

I was mostly Boxscore watching. I only saw the 3rd.

Twas a beautiful day. You don't get better than that for fall golf 😉

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I was mostly Boxscore watching. I only saw the 3rd.

Twas a beautiful day. You don't get better than that for fall golf 😉
Yeah, it was a gorgeous day, can't blame you one but. You missed a well played game that was close till the third despite the ice being drastically tilted. If not for Norris getting hurt it was a perfect game

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
brannstrom made a breakout pass to pinto(?) from the boards where he floated it over an yotes' players stick right to the tape of our guy cutting into the middle up ice. didn't get any attention on the broadcast but it was that skilled play that he feels confident making now instead of trying to just jam it up the boards thats been an asbolute revelation this season.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I definitely agree that shouldn’t happen with Motte.

I think the PP numbers might be a bit skewed by the PP at the end of the game where DJ played all bottom 6’ers (and short shift for Brady for a chance at the hat trick).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I definitely agree that shouldn’t happen with Motte.

I think the PP numbers might be a bit skewed by the PP at the end of the game where DJ played all bottom 6’ers (and short shift for Brady for a chance at the hat trick).
He got a 35 second PP shift to end the game, same amount as Brady on that PP. Apparently whatever I looked at earlier (probably natural statrick) was missing something because Brady actually finished with a few seconds more than mot, I probably wasn't accounting for some 4 on 3 time.

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad