Yormark Out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
He was pushed out from what I heard.

I honestly can see Tallon being quite relieved. They seem like such different people, it must have been interesting working so close to Yormark for the past few years.
I don't imagine Yormark was invited over to Tallon's for a backyard BBQ very often.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
The only drawback is that the 2014 draft class is terrible >_<

Going to be hard to use all that cap space.

Jan 19, 2006
The only drawback is that the 2014 draft class is terrible >_<

Going to be hard to use all that cap space.

You mean the UFA class I presume?

Tallon needs to find players with upside with contracts their current teams need/want to unload.

You will "overpay" less than you will during UFA that way.

For example, a Roberto Luongo is now a reasonable acquisition.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

Tallon needs to find players with upside with contracts their current teams need/want to unload.

Yeah this is what I was thinking too, the Panthers will end up spending more money via trades than actual FA signings.

NJ_CATS_FAN

We Dont Suck Anymore
Mar 21, 2006
N.J.
Oh thank christ this assclown is outta here!! Its been a long time coming. When I saw this news, I was immediately thinking of what the morning paper headline should read, "YORKMAN OUT!!!"

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL

Yep meant UFA my bday, but the draft class is poor as well haha

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Woah, that's wild! Completely unexpected news... What nice uplifting news for the Panthers though!! Tallon getting even more sway in the organization makes me quite happy as well! Gives some really positive vibes for the future :D

That said, I still liked his initial tweet to that schmuck Devils fan. Should have never gone back on it :rant:

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I called this guy "Yorkman" for a solid 5 years before I realized it was Yormark.

Anyways, good riddance!

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Sounds like the new boss is not the same as the old boss, Babich might have been invited for BBQ at Tallon's already.
It's great to see the front office coming together to focus on a winning hockey product with money to back it.

From Fialkov:

Rory Babich, the Panthers newly named CEO/president, doesn't have a hockey-filled resume, but he's confident that he will hit a home run.

Babich, a New York-based attorney who's a lifelong Rangers fan, believes he and his new best friend, Panthers General Manager Dale Tallon, will bring a Stanley Cup championship to South Florida because of the lessons he learned from his father, Larry, a renowned college baseball coach in the New Jersey area.

"I've been around sports my entire life, whether as a fan or in the locker room sitting with my father as a coach,''said Babich, who helped put the Panthers $250 million deal together for owners Vinnie Viola and Doug Cifu. "I got the feel how to build a team and a winning culture and what goes into it. To be a successful sportswriter, you have to communicate with the team.

"We're incredibly optimistic. Vinnie and Doug bought the team with the belief it can be very successful in South Florida. Dale and I certainly share that vision. That's why we're both here today.''

Babich will work with Tallon on both the hockey and business side of the organization, an expanded role for the hockey lifer as well.

"This is an exciting time for us,'' Tallon said. "Since we've been together we've got close in a short period of time; we have the same philosophies, similar personalities and are on the same page. We can agree to disagree.

"We're going to work together to bring a Stanley Cup to the Panthers and fans.''

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Not to defend his blanket statement, but you need to appreciate, especially if you ARE in the legal profession, that there are HUGE chunks of the profession that have given all lawyers a bad name. The profession has done little if anything to police itself and drum out the unethical and amoral elements that tarnish everyone in the profession, especially given its position of influence in the lives of everyday Americans, and it should thus be reasonable to expect people to express opinions like Coolburn's, nor would he have any particular reason to be ashamed of making it. It's like when people call politicians dishonest...enough are that it's fairly common to find people assuming they all are.

As a lawyer, I dont know whether I find this statement or Coolburn's original statement to be more offensive. Each state's bar is in charge of "policing" their attorneys who are held to very high ethical standards. I am darn near paranoid about acting in an ethical manner at all times as the loss of my license would devastate my life.

And while there may be some unethical attorneys out there, it is at a much lower percentage than most any other sub section of society in my opinion. In my opinion, lawyers take the brunt of the criticism for their clients. Example, guy goes out and gets himself into an awful loveless marriage where his wife hates him because of how bad he treated her. Wife goes and gets a lawyer and the wife instructs the lawyer to take every penny he can get from husband and gives him all the dirt on husband to enable the lawyer to do so. The lawyer has an ethical duty to do his client's wishes as long as they are lawful, which in this case they are. So lawyer goes after all the husband's assets and reveals all his dirty laundry. And somehow in the end it is all the lawyer's fault, not the wife or the husband. And its the lawyer who is the *******, not the husband.

The point Im trying to make, lawyers do their client's bidding, and then take the brunt of the criticism for it. Stereotyping them makes you no different than a racist, or a bigot, or any other intolerant person.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
As a lawyer, I dont know whether I find this statement or Coolburn's original statement to be more offensive. Each state's bar is in charge of "policing" their attorneys who are held to very high ethical standards. I am darn near paranoid about acting in an ethical manner at all times as the loss of my license would devastate my life.

And while there may be some unethical attorneys out there, it is at a much lower percentage than most any other sub section of society in my opinion. In my opinion, lawyers take the brunt of the criticism for their clients. Example, guy goes out and gets himself into an awful loveless marriage where his wife hates him because of how bad he treated her. Wife goes and gets a lawyer and the wife instructs the lawyer to take every penny he can get from husband and gives him all the dirt on husband to enable the lawyer to do so. The lawyer has an ethical duty to do his client's wishes as long as they are lawful, which in this case they are. So lawyer goes after all the husband's assets and reveals all his dirty laundry. And somehow in the end it is all the lawyer's fault, not the wife or the husband. And its the lawyer who is the *******, not the husband.

The point Im trying to make, lawyers do their client's bidding, and then take the brunt of the criticism for it. Stereotyping them makes you no different than a racist, or a bigot, or any other intolerant person.

But sir! Could I point the jury's attention to the heading below your very own username, sir.?

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Fabulous news. Please end club dead. End the embarrassment of having our stadium look half empty on tv and bring back the hard core STH Panther fans who were slapped in the face time after time again and deserted this team. Once upon a time ago before Yorcrap's arrival we had a solid hard core base of great fans. We need to get them back here and stop the bush league promotions but and put a 1st class product on the ice. This is the best news I've heard with this team in many years. I look forward to see what changes take place and bring back the respect to this franchise. Jay-Z just ruined his brand by the way.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Sounds like the new boss is not the same as the old boss, Babich might have been invited for BBQ at Tallon's already.
It's great to see the front office coming together to focus on a winning hockey product with money to back it.

From Fialkov:
Babich is/was chief operating officer of Fortress Investment group and like Fialkov's quote mentioned, helped put together Viola's Panthers deal.
Is Babich still holding that title with Fortress?

JOL

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Well said. What's saddest is that acadmus is a "moderator" and instead of removing Coolburn's post, amplified the offensive comments to lawyers, New Yorkers and the new Panther CEO . Would think HF Boards would not tolerate potential slanderous comments.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Can we move to settle, or should we consider this a mistrial?

Heh. Let's talk about Yorkman and his applauded departure, that's more fun.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
He was pushed out from what I heard.

That's terrible. :yo:

this makes me happy. i wonder if folks inside disliked him as much as we did? also if anyone realized how much the hardcore fans disliked him?

and who's holding the gun to that lawyer's head saying he must practice this type of law? blaming the client is pathetic. if you do that work, you've chosen to. go work for the state defending the homeless or something similarly noble. there's a need. you may even have your student debt forgiven.

people (need to) convince that they're doing important things. the more $ we make and more questionable the practice, the more we delude ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad