Yormark Out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
One thing to keep in mind folks with who's being named to replace him. Rory Babich is a lawyer from NY. Lawyers are basically the slimiest individuals on Earth and to expect a "positive" experience from this new guy, I wouldnt be holding my breath for that just yet. I'll take a "wait & see" approach before I start cheering this change...sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you dont (or another typical saying, the grass isnt always greener on the other side).

I know a few lawyers, one even posts on here, they're not all slimy. That's a ridiculous thing to say.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
One thing to keep in mind folks with who's being named to replace him. Rory Babich is a lawyer from NY. Lawyers are basically the slimiest individuals on Earth and to expect a "positive" experience from this new guy, I wouldnt be holding my breath for that just yet. I'll take a "wait & see" approach before I start cheering this change...sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you dont (or another typical saying, the grass isnt always greener on the other side).

My guess is if Tallon is as "tight" with him as they're making it out to be, then he's probably an alright guy since DT seems like a pretty genuine guy who wouldn't be buddy buddy with slimeballs....at least I hope

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I found it :laugh:

FpAFI1U.png

edit: panthers got blown out that game. 6-2 ottawa

Team-america-puke.gif

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Not to defend his blanket statement, but you need to appreciate, especially if you ARE in the legal profession, that there are HUGE chunks of the profession that have given all lawyers a bad name. The profession has done little if anything to police itself and drum out the unethical and amoral elements that tarnish everyone in the profession, especially given its position of influence in the lives of everyday Americans, and it should thus be reasonable to expect people to express opinions like Coolburn's, nor would he have any particular reason to be ashamed of making it. It's like when people call politicians dishonest...enough are that it's fairly common to find people assuming they all are.

perhaps because the unethical and amoral elements of the profession are more deeply embedded in our culture? is the ratio of bad lawyers to good ones so much worse than the ratio of, say, bad wall street bankers to good ones?

anyway, we shouldn't get too far off topic, as fun as it might be :)

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
It is such a damn shame that he's leaving, he was always so entertaining on twitter.

yormarktweet.jpg

I don't know what I'm going to do without my regular fix of MY360 either....*sigh*.

MY360Top-BlueSuit.jpg

I will also miss the cozy and fun atmosphere he created with the help of Party City.

“We continue to work with our new partners at Party City to enhance the overall fan experience and party atmosphere during Panthers home games at the BankAtlantic Center,†said SSE president & COO Michael Yormark. “It is an incredibly natural fit for Party City to receive exposure on the upper bowl covers that will help to make the BankAtlantic Center a more intimate and exciting setting during the 2010-11 season. Overall, this partnership is extremely unique in it’s customized, time-sensitive elements that will adjust based on Party City’s own targeted marketing efforts. This is yet another example of SSE’s distinctive ability to create tailor-fit brand activation packages for its partners.â€

PartyCity-TarpsTS.jpg

I really hope he gets a proper send off with a little confetti and a Panthers opening night XL t-shirt from 2007, he's earned it.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I actually lol'd. hahahahahah :laugh:

I threw up in my mouth a little bit at first glance of that horrendous yormark pic. So, I felt compelled to share my feelings. I hope the mods don't take it down because it illustrates what mostly everyone is thinking when they see that.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I've never really followed this guy or got to know him at all. I do know who he is though. The urinal cakes thing is pretty sad though. It looks like the majority of posters on multiple sights are kicking him in the butt on the way out. Guess this was a good move for the fans if anything.

Later Mr. Yormark. :p:

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Not to defend his blanket statement, but you need to appreciate, especially if you ARE in the legal profession, that there are HUGE chunks of the profession that have given all lawyers a bad name. The profession has done little if anything to police itself and drum out the unethical and amoral elements that tarnish everyone in the profession, especially given its position of influence in the lives of everyday Americans, and it should thus be reasonable to expect people to express opinions like Coolburn's, nor would he have any particular reason to be ashamed of making it. It's like when people call politicians dishonest...enough are that it's fairly common to find people assuming they all are.

Yea, what you described is by definition, stereotyping.

Physicians are all money hungry.

Teachers are all "ones who couldn't".

Wall Street financiers are all crooks.

Etc, etc.

Plus you've dismissed the "New York" portion of the comment, he said "New York lawyers are all slime". You ok with that?

To prejudge the new CEO because he's a "New York Lawyer" is no less a form of prejudice than any other pathetic prejudice .

So no Acadmus, I don't accept that comment any less than any other form of prejudice .

Im done with this.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@rinkside: #FlaPanthers Babich the son of a highly-respected college coach. Noted he learned a lot about "how to build a team" and "culture" of a team.

@rinkside: #FlaPanthers Babich says Cats will become a "cap team and continue along the disciplined lines that Dale has instituted."

Sweet sweet music

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
The transformation of the org. these last months is no short of miraculous.

If they evidence their plan with action this summer by way of spending, it will be christmas here in July.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I wouldnt say that this team is a goldmine, but if the right group of people bought the team, and ran them properly, the team would make a good profit IMO. I think that is what is finally going on here. You buy a sports team to join that special group of professional sports owners, but in the end, its all about making money. And what is the easiest way to do that, by winning.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
The transformation of the org. these last months is no short of miraculous.

If they evidence their plan with action this summer by way of spending, it will be christmas here in July.

Preach on brother Graves!

Expelling the clown and his 3 ring circus will be the biggest culture change this org will have seen in over a decade. This is a great day for us as fans and more importantly the STHs.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
@rinkside: #FlaPanthers Babich the son of a highly-respected college coach. Noted he learned a lot about "how to build a team" and "culture" of a team.

@rinkside: #FlaPanthers Babich says Cats will become a "cap team and continue along the disciplined lines that Dale has instituted."

Sweet sweet music

Amen.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I wouldnt say that this team is a goldmine, but if the right group of people bought the team, and ran them properly, the team would make a good profit IMO. I think that is what is finally going on here. You buy a sports team to join that special group of professional sports owners, but in the end, its all about making money. And what is the easiest way to do that, by winning.

I think it's a must in a non traditional hockey market. Just win baby!

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
great news!

the only sad part is it sounds like he left on his own terms and didn't get the boot like he should have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad