Prospect Info: #Yield4Byfield .....Who's with me?

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I personally don’t want Byfield . I feel like we have to many Centers as is and Byfield gives me a bust feeling . I want Raymond . Imagine Raymond and Kaliyev in the top 6 on wings ooooo weeeee BOINKKKKKKKK

Reactions: TopT

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
With Turcotte, Vilardi, Kupari, JAD in the pipeline, would we need another center? Unless a couple of those 4 listed can move comfortably to wing.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
I would lean more towards a defensemen myself. We could use a #1 D-man in the system. But the draft/prospects it tends to be a crapshoot, so there is something to be said about taking the BPA. I just hope the BPA for us is either a LW or D. If we end up 3-5, raymond, drysdale, or perfetti will be available

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
About trading down; I was at the Kings draft party back in '84 at the Forum, and going into it the Kings held the 3rd overall pick. I said to my friend the Kings will be okay as long as they don't draft this small guy (Craig Redmond). So the Kings ended up trading the 3rd overall pick to Chicago for their 6th overall and change. The change was lost, and the Kings picked Redmond. Wouldn't want to do that again.

Reactions: Basilisk

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
My order for the Kings would be:

1/2 Byfield/Lafrienne
3 Drysdale
4 Askarov - G

One of those should be available where the Kings end up picking.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
laferriere has completely dominated the game today against the US team. Byfield has been a no show.

I'd take laferriere no questions asked.

He's the consensus for a reason. Kid is going to be a good player. But then again you never know with these kids. If we don't get him I hope he busts like no other. ;)

Reactions: ibleedkings

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
laferriere has completely dominated the game today against the US team. Byfield has been a no show.

I'd take laferriere no questions asked.

I’d take Lafreniere as well but it’s one game. I’m sure as the tourney progresses Byfield will make an impact.

Kid has the goods. Been real good this year in Sudbury.

Byfield had just under 12 minutes of ice while AL had close to 16. I missed large portions of the game so not sure how each players special teams time shook out.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Always get the BPA. I feel we need a great dman but you can always trade for one with your pick nevertheless.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I’m usually skeptical of prospects from the Q, but Lafreniere looks like a legit play driver in the WJC so far. Doubtful we get a shot at either, but I’d pass at Byfield for #1. He seems like another Virtanen type.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Lafreniere has so much skill. He’s gonna be an unbelievable player. Can you imagine him on the Kings? We’d have so much talent, we wouldn’t know what to do with it.

Lafreniere - Turcotte - Kaliyev
Fagemo - Vilardi - Kupari
Grundstrom - JAD - Thomas

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Lafreniere has so much skill. He’s gonna be an unbelievable player. Can you imagine him on the Kings? We’d have so much talent, we wouldn’t know what to do with it.

Lafreniere - Turcotte - Kaliyev
Fagemo - Vilardi - Kupari
Grundstrom - JAD - Thomas

As much as I love to get Lafreniere, the lottery is designed to shatter your dreams. There is an equal chance you'll see a Lafreniere - Zegras duo against us for the next decade.

Reactions: kilowatt

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I keep saying that if the Kings end up with a pick 3-5 I would trade it and Vilardi to move to 1/2.

I don’t think teams that would be 1st or 2nd overall would do it.

Btw, anyone watching the Germany/Czech game? Stutzle looks really good.

Not a bad consolation prize for teams that are not in the top 5 picks.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I don’t think teams that would be 1st or 2nd overall would do it.

Btw, anyone watching the Germany/Czech game? Stutzle looks really good.

Not a bad consolation prize for teams that are not in the top 5 picks.

Kid is shooting up the board as we speak.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
I'd be quite upset if we packaged Vilardi with 3 for 1 or 2. Rather just grab Stützle or Raymond to go with Vilardi.

Probably end up in the 5-10 range so most likely should be looking at guys like Lundell, Rossi, Holtz, Askarov, Drysdale, Holloway, etc.

Nice thing is I'd be ecstatic to add any one of those.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The lottery is nice, but there are so many great players to be had in the top ten.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
With the knee injury he may drop ,depending on severity of course, but we could wait a extra year kind of what the cowboys did with j smith and now they have one of the best linebackers in the game .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad