TV: Yellowstone (starring Kevin Costner - Paramount Network)

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I think what put it over the edge for her is Jimmy having not one, but two attractive women throwing themselves at him even though he has absolutely no game whatsoever.

:laugh: Beautiful women always look past superficial things and see the man for who he really is inside, you know.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
My sister-in-law really likes Jimmy which surprised me so I guess there really are different strokes for different folks.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Not just the men, but it's a female fantasy too. So many women like this show, I wasn't sure why at first. Then it dawned on me, they want to be Beth. The type of girls who post pictures of Marilyn Monroe on social media with the caption "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" love this kind of crap. It's their wet dream. Beth acts like a psycho and flies off the handle to basically everybody around her with no repercussions, yet is portrayed as some powerful, intelligent woman somehow instead of somebody who is mentally ill. Add in that she has a punching bag of a boyfriend who is somehow simultaneously the toughest guy who ever existed and also a whipped dog who loves her unconditionally even though she treats him like garbage.

My wife heard it was good and wanted a new show to watch. She would get annoyed at first when I pointed out the stupidity of this steaming pile of garbage (a guy blows up a stump and there's a perfectly intact dinosaur skeleton under it, which then gets stolen and is never referenced again...). Now she realizes how terrible it is. I think what put it over the edge for her is Jimmy having not one, but two attractive women throwing themselves at him even though he has absolutely no game whatsoever.
Hahah, I completely forgot about the dinosaur skeleton.

Reactions: NyQuil

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Why is Jimmy even still on this show? Such an uninteresting irrelevant character. Stop wasting time on him. The whole show is pretty bad at this point. It’s like they did not have a plan and just slapped a bunch of garbage together for this season.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Yeah, after a promising couple first episodes season 4 hasn't been doing it for me at all. Pointless bunkhouse drama, Jimmy Goes to Texas, Beth sabotages everything, diner shootout out of nowhere, Jamie pops up every couple episodes to... do what exactly.

Just lazy writing.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I have only seen the better part of the first two seasons but Jimmy getting some is probably the least of this shows problems with realism.

There is the whole Dinosaur thing as someone mentioned already and the whole plotline how Costners youngest son gets driven back to the family is ridiciulous. He literally gets in a firefight every other episode in the first season wich the show just portrays as "regular life on the reservation". Then his wife who is like 27 and a elementary school teacher is just able to step in at a teaching position at a high profile university. Costner also orders a hit on their former employee Fred because nobody in the farm likes him and he hit Jimmy? They never shown this guy being implicated in anything illegal so I have no idea why they would risk a murder investigation just because Fred was an asshole. This show is almost worse than the later seasons of Sons of Anrachy. Sheridan has written a couple of good movie scripts but apparently he has no idea to structure a TV show...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why is Jimmy even still on this show? Such an uninteresting irrelevant character. Stop wasting time on him. The whole show is pretty bad at this point. It’s like they did not have a plan and just slapped a bunch of garbage together for this season.
He's being set up as a main character in a spin off series.
Tyler Sheridan the shows creator, he also plays Travis Wheatly, bought the 6666 Ranch for Production.

I'll still watch, wife I think is done with the show, finds it boring now.
This season was a bit disappointing.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
LOL, the media on the show called Dutton a hero for "averting loss of life" after his shootout during the robbery.

What a hilarious ridiculous fantasy.

Reactions: max21

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just finished the finale. i am honestly going to say that the most interesting journey in season 4 for me was the growth of Jimmy. all the rest was just a mess.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just finished the finale. i am honestly going to say that the most interesting journey in season 4 for me was the growth of Jimmy. all the rest was just a mess.

Apparently he's being spun off into a show about the 6666 ranch.

Jimmy notes that "out in Texas, you don't have to worry about your neighbours, because they're doing the same thing in the same way as you are".

So I'm not sure how that show is going to work exactly, and how it will be different from Yellowstone.
The 6666 is a real, operating ranch that franchise creator Taylor Sheridan recently purchased. The series will be filmed at the ranch, which now also serves as a base of operations for Sheridan.

Fan-Favorite Yellowstone Character Exits in Season 4 Finale, Sets Up New Spinoff

A lot of this season appeared to be set-ups for other spin-off shows.

EDIT: ACC1224 already pointed this out.

Reactions: tacogeoff

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Noticed that the pastor in the finale was played by Jim True Frost, who played Pryzbyluski in the Wire (Which I just watched through for the first time and now think every other show looks like shit compared to it)

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Yeah, I wasn't nearly as interested in Jimmy as the show wanted me to be. Sort of felt like his scenes were akin to an ad-break from the real story/show.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Beth is the worst character on TV right now. I don't know how people can like her badass attitude.

I like her. She's refreshingly blunt and gives no shits.

It just gets a bit ridiculous after awhile when there are never any consequences.

Meanwhile, John and Rip kill people all the time and simply dump their bodies in Wyoming.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If season one and two were like a solid 8/10, three was maybe a 6. Four was, I dunno a 3 ?

I don't really care about the lack of consequences per se, it's a character driven show you can't bump off your characters too often in a character driven show.

It's more that the series literally lost the plot. The first two seasons and the conflict with Rainwater was interesting, didn't have much use for the Becks as villains but at least they served a purpose and drove conflict. Market Equities is stupid and very boring, so much so that they bumped off what's his face from Lost unceremoniously in the first episode of season four. Beth works against them, then works for them because she's butthurt about her old job, then gets fired for working against them (duh?). Completely pointless.

I could probably even look past the plot issues if it weren't for all the dumb filler and product placements.

I'm continuing to watch mostly because I don't have much better shows right now and most of the Netflix style "content" series on most streaming services suck something fierce. We're along way from the so called golden age of TV from a decade ago.

It just gets a bit ridiculous after awhile when there are never any consequences.

Her character is one of the reasons I did not start watching the show initially because I saw one of these scenes in passing and it was off-putting as a stand alone.

It was fine when she had maybe a handful of moments like this a season, now they try and work one in basically every episode. I do think they tried to balance it by showing her general brokenness with the Walker in the barn scene, but then undermined it by her being just a-okay after one convo the literal next morning.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i'm enjoying 1883, well done so far imo. Sam Elliot still has it despite being 77.

Yellowstone I think for many if you watched it from the 1st season, can live with season 4 being not as crazy cause there was no way they could keep that up, if you just started watching it then I suspect many would think season 4 suck. Either way I'm looking forward to season 5.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
So glad I'm easy-going enough to take things as they are and just follow along for the ride.

Beth is my least favorite main character, mostly because she looks like someone I want to not remember but also because she's way too over-the-top in a show with no shortage of over-the-top characters :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad