TV: Yellowstone (starring Kevin Costner - Paramount Network)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
just binged all three seasons. I think I liked season one the best. the finale for season 3 at the end went a bit over board for me, plus add on the cliff hanger. just had sons of anarchy vibes all over it lol. BUT that being said I have really enjoyed the series plus I have been to and travelled around all the areas they are talking about (even though it's not filmed in said spots) so it's nice to have that familiarity and pull to the location. cannot wait for the next season

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Wife & I got into this a few weeks ago; started season 3 a couple days ago. Both of us are really enjoying it.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I get that he is supposed to be a rugged cowboy but do they just slap a handful of dirt in Rips face before every scene. His face is never clean no matter what time of day or what he is doing.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Just watched the season 3 finale

Why did whoever shot Kevin Costner at the end drive away? They were obviously trying to kill him so why not just make sure he is dead? It was not a very busy road and nobody scared them away and Costner did not have a gun and was not fighting them off or anything.

I get that he is the main character so they probably won’t kill him off until the series is ending but that just seemed so stupid to me.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Season 3 was kind of weak. Way too many random story lines to fill time. Obviously the show is completely far fetched (no way would the gorgeous blond sleep with the old dude!!! :sarcasm:) which is fine, but you can only use "Welcome to Montana!" as a plot device for getting away with many killings and other underhanded stuff so much lol.

Last edited:

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Season 3 was kind of weak. Way too many random story lines to fill time. Obviously the show is completely far fetched (no way would the gorgeous blond sleep with the old dude!!! :sarcasm:) which is fine, but you can only use "Welcome to Montana!" as a plot device for getting away with many killings and other underhanded stuff so much lol.
Bro, that girl is ridiculous.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It was generally good, The only thing I really disliked was how sorta pointless Josh Holloway's character ended up being.

It was a bit cheap to get out of the premier without a major character death given what happened in the last episode of season 3.

Most interested in seeing where Kayce ends up heading. I think it's a good thing they kinda sidelined Monica and Tate though they were super prominent last season and it was probably a bit overboard.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Love the show but Monica needs to go this whole whoa is me shit has gone on for 2 seasons too long and here we are again with her acting like a victim.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So much filler and the cross promotion. It still has moments where it's good but between hyping their own product and trying to fit in too many storylines the last 3 episodes have been really weak. Each episode has basically 20 minutes worth watching.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
So much filler and the cross promotion. It still has moments where it's good but between hyping their own product and trying to fit in too many storylines the last 3 episodes have been really weak. Each episode has basically 20 minutes worth watching.
The entire season has about 20 minutes worth watching. Literally nothing has happened in 8 episodes. I tried to watch this show cuz a bunch of people I know watch it, but holy shit is it garbage now. Pretty much any scene with Beth or Rip is pure cringe and why is this Jimmy guy even still on the show?

Reactions: tacogeoff and max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
This show sucks now, it’s the same repetitive shit. The whole going at PETA thing and then making up and being friends was some of the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen

Reactions: Mantis

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
This season is absolutely awful.

I barely am turning it on at this point.

in the exact same boat.

The ending of season 2 reminded me of some Sons of Anarchy over the top unrealistic violence. I mean alot of the show isn't realistic but it just kind of went crazy.

season 3 has been pretty bad. its a shame as 1 and 2 were very watchable.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What's funny is that if John Dutton and Rip Wheeler had just turned around and left the truck stop, the Sheriff would probably still be alive and a handful of people in a diner would have to file insurance claims for the cash, jewelry and phones that were stolen.

It's a miracle no one else was killed with all the gunfire and civilians present.

The reference to Sons of Anarchy is an interesting one because I feel that Yellowstone is a kindred spirit in terms of a white male fantasy of living a violent and adventurous life unencumbered by common sense and with zero consequences.

I liked a lot of the characters and performances in both shows but there are times where I'm like, these are adult men acting like children with guns and I do not relate to their decision-making at all. ;)

When is Beth finally going to get arrested for destroying someone else's personal property? She goes around busting everyone's phone all the time.

Oh well, just remind yourself that it's basically a soap opera.

Last edited:

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
in the exact same boat.

The ending of season 2 reminded me of some Sons of Anarchy over the top unrealistic violence. I mean alot of the show isn't realistic but it just kind of went crazy.

season 3 has been pretty bad. its a shame as 1 and 2 were very watchable.
This season actually reminds me of when I tried to watch Sons of Anarchy. I thought the first couple seasons were watchable and then the Ireland season happened and I had to stop watching entirely because basically nothing happened for an entire season.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
What's funny is that if John Dutton and Rip Wheeler had just turned around and left the truck stop, the Sheriff would probably still be alive and a handful of people in a diner would have to file insurance claims for the cash, jewelry and phones that were stolen.

It's a miracle no one else was killed with all the gunfire and civilians present.

The reference to Sons of Anarchy is an interesting one because I feel that Yellowstone is a kindred spirit in terms of a white male fantasy of living a violent and adventurous life unencumbered by common sense and with zero consequences.

I liked a lot of the characters and performances in both shows but there are times where I'm like, these are adult men acting like children with guns and I do not relate to their decision-making at all. ;)

When is Beth finally going to get arrested for destroying someone else's personal property? She goes around busting everyone's phone all the time.

Oh well, just remind yourself that it's basically a soap opera.

Not just the men, but it's a female fantasy too. So many women like this show, I wasn't sure why at first. Then it dawned on me, they want to be Beth. The type of girls who post pictures of Marilyn Monroe on social media with the caption "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" love this kind of crap. It's their wet dream. Beth acts like a psycho and flies off the handle to basically everybody around her with no repercussions, yet is portrayed as some powerful, intelligent woman somehow instead of somebody who is mentally ill. Add in that she has a punching bag of a boyfriend who is somehow simultaneously the toughest guy who ever existed and also a whipped dog who loves her unconditionally even though she treats him like garbage.

My wife heard it was good and wanted a new show to watch. She would get annoyed at first when I pointed out the stupidity of this steaming pile of garbage (a guy blows up a stump and there's a perfectly intact dinosaur skeleton under it, which then gets stolen and is never referenced again...). Now she realizes how terrible it is. I think what put it over the edge for her is Jimmy having not one, but two attractive women throwing themselves at him even though he has absolutely no game whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad