News: Yamamoto, Kostin on the way out as Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
He can be traded for a pick... buyout should not happen. It is small though but he's not a buyout at all. He's a good NHL player that will end up in Arizona or Chicago or something like that for a 5th rounder.
I can't see the Coyotes being interested in Yamamoto at $3.2M in cash.

I still think Oilers are going to have to pay a pick to move him or buy him out.

When Taylor Hall @$6M goes for free, how does Yamamoto @ $3.1M return a 5th rounder?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I still think Oilers are going to have to pay a pick to move him or buy him out.

When Taylor Hall @$6M goes for free, how does Yamamoto @ $3.1M return a 5th rounder?
There was a tweet from someone important saying that a team has already agreed to take him for a pick or future considerations. I think the Oil are either trying to package him or seeing if they can move up to round 4.

I think it was Frank Seravelli on DFO.. sorry, couldn't find the tweet. Guess we'll see. Maybe have a bias and just can't fathom buying him out! He's good! I think he's far from done in the NHL. Just not at 3 mill.

I say Yam plus a pick for 50% of Hall!

Reactions: Kaibur

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
There was a tweet from someone important saying that a team has already agreed to take him for a pick or future considerations. I think the Oil are either trying to package him or seeing if they can move up to round 4.

I think it was Frank Seravelli on DFO.. sorry, couldn't find the tweet. Guess we'll see. Maybe have a bias and just can't fathom buying him out! He's good! I think he's far from done in the NHL. Just not at 3 mill.

I say Yam plus a pick for 50% of Hall!
No thank you

Reactions: Czechboy

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Kostin is a good 4th line guy and that’s all. You don’t pay those kind of players more than 1.5 million. Whenever he got moved up the lineup or played to many minutes he would make defensive mistakes that cost the team.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Maybe they can get another player who took some big steps last year and looks to take another step this year. Kostin for Valeno. Detroit is trying to get bigger and Valeno is already a solid bottom 6 player with upside still.

Reactions: Czechboy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
At one time, not too long ago, Oiler fans had high hopes for Yamo. He was looking like a fearless little dynamo that seemed to fit well with McDavid and Draisaitl. Sad to see him moving on. I always like to cheer for the little guy who's full of piss and vinegar and beats the odds. Its unlikely he'll ever get the chance to play with such talent again.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He gave you all and you are letting him go just like that. No spirit in this team
Gave all of what?

He scored some goals, but the underlying stats say his goal totals were likely a little inflated.
I like that he hit and fought.

What's that worth?

I think he's earned a show me contract, but he hasn't proven himself as an established top nine NHL forward yet.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

What pick is worth 500k cap space? 2026 7th? Because anything more than that and the Oilers just buy him out
Jets need Russians for our younger Russians on the way

Kostin plus 2nd rd picks for LHD Brendan Dillon
The whole thread is about the lack of cap to sign Kostin and you try to saddle the Oilers with a bottom pairing LHD defenseman @3.9 million plus two 2nds 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad