News: Yamamoto, Kostin on the way out as Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
I'd easily pay Kostin the 3 year, $4.5 million deal thrown out on that page. I'm not entirely sure why the Oilers wouldn't.

23 years old, on pace for about 15 goals and 30 points last year, throws a ton of hits, really big....I don't see what's not to like about him as a bottom-6 guy.
He’s a guy I hope dubas looks at. Seems like the type of guy he was talking about in his most recent presser.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers are looking to cheap out on their 4th line. If the article is true and they don't want to spend more than a million bucks per player i doubt he'll stick around..
Lack of cap space + dumpster diving = not going to be a good time. Kostin can likely get a similar contract to play in a better market.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why. Leafs need to be on Kostin yesterday. Pay back the Oilers tampering against Hyman and Campbell and let him know the Leafs want him

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
They really should buy out Yamamoto already. It costs basically nothing for cap and could use the money to re-sign 2 of Bjugstad, Kostin and Janmark. Wouldn't be the entire amount, but probably the majority of it.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I'd easily pay Kostin the 3 year, $4.5 million deal thrown out on that page. I'm not entirely sure why the Oilers wouldn't.

23 years old, on pace for about 15 goals and 30 points last year, throws a ton of hits, really big....I don't see what's not to like about him as a bottom-6 guy.
It would be funny if the Penguins did end up with him.
(Kostin was the player the Blues drafted with the 1st the Penguins gave them in the Reaves trade.)

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The Kostin thing will hurt. Maybe they’ll take a run at ROR to fill that hole. Thing is, he played so well for the Leafs, he may get a really nice 2 year deal somewhere. Much like Perron got last summer, rather than the 1 year deals it looked like he was destined to start taking.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I’m new at all these online tools and such.

What does a Yamamoto buyout look like? Is it better to buy him out? Or just eat his entire cap with him playing in the AHL?
Can't eat his entire cap by burying him, the max is around 1.25, so you would still have 1.75M on the books . His buyout penalty is really good actually. 250k or so I think.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Can't eat his entire cap by burying him, the max is around 1.25, so you would still have 1.75M on the books . His buyout penalty is really good actually. 250k or so I think.
Good stuff. Thanks for the response. Kostin is a player of interest. I’m sure Bill Armstrong loves the player too.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
250k at the start of summer is a unbridgeable gap?

I don't see it. Especially when you've got a similar (imo worse) LW signed at 2.75mil, and your happy with that deal.
Who's happy with Foegele? Pretty sure it's been rumored Foegele, Yams and Ceci are being moved.
If kostin takes 1m for 1 year, Edmonton would be a great team to do that on. He could get some time in the top 6 with drai or mcdavid. He could really really bloat his next contract when some dumb team sees a 40 point bull of a man and does something ridiculous. Then watch his points halve when he isn't on Edmonton.
That's the rub, hes not good enough to earn time with Connor or Leon nor is he good enough defensively to cost over 1.5 in the bottom 6. If he signs with Edmonton he's there on a sweetheart deal to be the 3rd wave of offensive attack.

It's been reported Kostin wants 2/year. With our cap structure unless Campbell is out the door, he's not getting that. Go to another team to play with lesser players and realize you left a great situation because this time last year he was considered a bust. Look what 3 mil/year and a change of scenery got Puljujarvi.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I’m new at all these online tools and such.

What does a Yamamoto buyout look like? Is it better to buy him out? Or just eat his entire cap with him playing in the AHL?
He can be traded for a pick... buyout should not happen. It is small though but he's not a buyout at all. He's a good NHL player that will end up in Arizona or Chicago or something like that for a 5th rounder.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I like him as much anyone else.. he occasionally chucks them and he scores gorgeous goals. He also seems to love being an Oiler!

However, most I'd go is 1 x 1 million.

Here are his playoff minutes:

1687912317741.png

For whatever reason, Woody didn't trust him that much.

If he can get more (tax free) in KHL than he should.

If he thinks he'll get much more in the NHL then I can't wait to see it.

Yam is a good player that we can't afford. Nothing against him at all. I'll actually miss him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad