News: Yamamoto, Kostin on the way out as Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don’t think Kostin is much of anything but some Oilers fans seemed fairly bullish on him at least being a serviceable bottom six player for the club moving forward.

No big loss at all (IMO) but mildly surprising from an outside perspective.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
With Kostin I think both sides are just posturing. His agent is using the KHL as a threat, where the top contract was around 1.5 million US. He was seen as a bust not even eight months ago. If he thinks he can get 2 mil elsewhere, go nuts. Otherwise, here's your QO, head to Russia if you want.

With Yamamoto - yeah, no shit sherlock.

Last edited:

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
The walkaway point is an award much higher than what Kostin would make. It's like around 4-5 M. So no.

Oilers are looking to cheap out on their 4th line. If the article is true and they don't want to spend more than a million bucks per player i doubt he'll stick around..

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
250k at the start of summer is a unbridgeable gap?

I don't see it. Especially when you've got a similar (imo worse) LW signed at 2.75mil, and your happy with that deal.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If kostin takes 1m for 1 year, Edmonton would be a great team to do that on. He could get some time in the top 6 with drai or mcdavid. He could really really bloat his next contract when some dumb team sees a 40 point bull of a man and does something ridiculous. Then watch his points halve when he isn't on Edmonton.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
After reading the article the kostin stuff just feels like posturing. Like Holland is annoyed kostins agent brought up the khl and hes calling the bluff.

Kostin stayed in north america for years in the AHL ignoring the KHL. Once he's finally made the NHL he's not immediately leaving. Lol

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Holland knows that Woodcroft would probably just keep playing Kostin like 8-9 minutes a night.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
With Kostin I think both sides are just posturing. His agent is using the KHL as a threat, where the top contract was around 1.5 million US. He was seen as a bust not even eight months ago. If he thinks he can get 2 mil elsewhere, go nuts. Otherwise, here's your QO, head to Russia if you want.

With Yamamoto - yeah, no shit sherlock.

KHL and NHL money are a little bit different due to taxes and other things...

Reactions: Czechboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad