Confirmed Trade: Yakupov to STL Part II

underdog

Jul 30, 2003
British Columbia
Visit site
I think the consensus from Oil fans is, they like Yak as a person and he has his loyal fans in Edmonton but it was time to move on from guys like Hall and Yak. Good luck and I hope you can salvage a NHL career cause it wasn't happening in Edmonton.

Last edited:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I REALLY wanted Yak to be successful in edmonton. Always loved the kid and still believe he is elite and confidence was the issue

I wish him all the best. Always loved his celebrations when he scored. His Enthusaism was contagious and you can tell he lost a bit of it the last couple years. I hope he can finally start doing that more now with a fresh start!!

Take care of him St. Louis! He is a good kid!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
As an Oiler fan I am betting that the Oilers regret this trade. So many spurts where Yak looked to be coming into his own. But losing has a way of stunting growth. Yak with Roy was special. Yak in his first season looked great. Kid tried a little bit too hard to do things he wasn't good at. And that's why I think his offence never stayed consistent.

underdog

Jul 30, 2003
British Columbia
Visit site
As an Oiler fan I am betting that the Oilers regret this trade. So many spurts where Yak looked to be coming into his own. But losing has a way of stunting growth. Yak with Roy was special. Yak in his first season looked great. Kid tried a little bit too hard to do things he wasn't good at. And that's why I think his offence never stayed consistent.

Yak could go on to have a hall of fame career and Oilers won't regret if cause he was going nowhere but the KHL in Edmonton. Again good luck Yak.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab

It's not even that IMO, and I'm a big Yak fan. The kid flat out needs some friends. He said as much. He's lonely and it sucks. It didn't help that he comes into Edmonton as a quiet, very religious young man, who doesn't drink or do drugs, when the main core of the team were his age but loved to party. And even when it comes to other religious players, Nail still has a bit of a bridge to gap, seeing as he's one of very few Muslims in the league. It seemed like to me the only two players Yak really had any kind of friendship with on the Oilers was Roy and Hendricks. Roy was the only person I had ever seen him out with in public. More often than not, he would be walking around places like the Kingsway Mall all by himself.

If he makes a few friends in Saint Louis and gets comfortable with the people he's with. The sky is the limit with the kid.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Wasnt Yaks fault.
As soon as he got into a rhythm Oilers coaching (or higher up) yanked him out of the comfort zone and either demoted him or benched him.
Worst organization in hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad