Confirmed Trade: Yakupov to STL Part II

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Nail was a lost soul. This is what he said tonight. Wonder why he didn't seek help?

CutDPg5UEAA2dQk.jpg

Reading lines like this makes me think this player never should have become a professional hockey player. He doesn't belong to this circus.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Reading lines like this makes me think this player never should have become a professional hockey player. He doesn't belong to this circus.

yes they are Professional Hockey Player... but they are humans, young and have a life after the work.

Imagine leaving everything stable in your life (city, friends, family) and being catapulted in this at the age of 18.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Chia is going to have to manufacture a drastic story one day. One where Yakupov put a gun to his head and demanded to be traded.

There is no other actual rationale for GIVING THE GUY AWAY

I mean worst case, he SUCKS and bolts for the KHL. I would FAR rather we send him there or allow him to go and get nothing but retain his rights until if and when he returns.

Getting a low second or 3rd with our scouting staff is basically no pick at all.

The only thing Chia maybe did wrong with Yak was not getting a 1st from the Blues if he hits 30 goals.

He was never going to work out in Edmonton after everything that had happened over the years, and there obviously weren't a bunch of great offers for him. It was time to move on.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
It's only two games but I hope he continues to build on his confidence. Been surprised he hasn't had any big defensive blunders. He is faster than I thought he was. Did an interview after getting 1st star, I can see why most Oiler fans say he's likable.

Last edited:

JA

His first goal with St. Louis; there isn't yet a video on YouTube of his first assist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
yes they are Professional Hockey Player... but they are humans, young and have a life after the work.

Imagine leaving everything stable in your life (city, friends, family) and being catapulted in this at the age of 18.

His family has lived with him the whole time.

He came to Canada at a young age to get a head start, and maybe just doesn't fit in very well. Not his fault.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Hope Yak does well, liked him from back in the Sting days, couldn't seem to put it all together but maybe he has a change now.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Really happy to have Yakupov on the Blues. I doubt he'll ever turn into the 40 goal scorer he was touted as before the draft, but I see a 20-20 player in him for sure.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Good for Yak. I hope he blows up in St Louis. Very likeable guy. Blues got a steal for sure.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Yakupov and his religion didn't allow him to partake in the Taylor hall snow, err I mean show.

Honestly tho, the guys on the team liked to party and yak didn't fit into that crowd

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
he was a pretty big "loner" in Edmonton...teammates used to ask him out after games and such but he'd do his own thing

the guy never fit in after his rookie season and its sad

I blame Eakins

That really sucks. I know its an overused trope about the wayward Russian player in the NHL just needing a friendly face on a team to help them fit in, but hearing his words really does lend credibility to that theory. And it makes sense for such a young guy coming over here too.

Just like the fans of about 15 other teams, I was clamoring for the Pens to take a gamble on him, especially when his stock fell so low in recent seasons. I just wanted to see if having a Russian mentor (two really, if you count Gonchar who is a presence in the Pens org) could make a difference to his mentality.

Landing on a team with Tarasenko though, with the two so close in age, that was probably the best possible scenario for Yak.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
His family has lived with him the whole time.

He came to Canada at a young age to get a head start, and maybe just doesn't fit in very well. Not his fault.

His family moved over with him?

If so, I wonder whether they will move to St. Louis.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
His family moved over with him?

If so, I wonder whether they will move to St. Louis.

I think his sister was taking some school courses locally, not sure if that is still the case, but that might slow down them moving to St. Louis. Nail is a very family oriented person and they are a big part of his life, so I'm sure they will figure something out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad