WJC: Yakupov ready to keep " His Cool" against "Dirty" Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
This is the excuse non-Canadian fans use when our teams are crushing their teams in every aspect of the game. It's because we are villains and can't skate.

I'm sorry, you aren't by chance referring to the last two WJCs, are you? :yo:

My "can't skate" comment wasn't about this year's Team Canada. Didn't realize it would be taken this way.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Of course you intimidate the opposition. If I have a chance to cream you I'm going to do it. Next time you won't be so willing to handle the puck. To the best of my ability I will do it within the rules.

No, no, no, you're doing it all wrong. You wait for the opposition to hit you then go down like you were shot. Either sit motionless as if you were dead, or roll around like you just got riddled by a machine gun. Don't forget to hurry back to the bench once you draw a penalty so you can get back out on the powerplay.

Last edited:

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
No, no, no, you're doing it all wrong. You wait for the opposition to hit you then go down like you were shot. Either sit motionless as if you were dead, or roll around like you just got riddled by a machine gun. Don't forget to hurry back to the bench once you draw a penalty so you can get back out on powerplay.

Sort of like soccer lol.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I'm sorry, you aren't by chance referring to the last two WJCs, are you? :yo:

My "can't skate" comment wasn't about this year's Team Canada. Didn't realize it would be taken this way.

You seem like a student of the game. Perhaps you might go back in history and check out the medal records from 1982 on. That is the year that Canada started sending a national team to the WJC. Check out the penalty records as well. Check out the 1987 "punch up in Piestany" all Canada's fault of course.

And while you're at it check out Andrei Mironov if you would like to see a few samples of a dirty player. They come in all jerseys.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Yet soccer ***** all over hockey in terms of popularity and profitability.

Again, I'm not defending diving (and Canadians DO DIVE, sorry to break it to ya). I just think it's far less criminal than injuring the opponent.

Listen Sentinel, I'm calling a truce. I know what you are trying to say and to a point I agree with you. There is a line that you can cross in any sport.

Enjoy the rest of the games. I do hope we see no more injuries caused by any plays.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Listen Sentinel, I'm calling a truce. I know what you are trying to say and to a point I agree with you. There is a line that you can cross in any sport.

Enjoy the rest of the games. I do hope we see no more injuries caused by any plays.

Fair enough. A handshake and a truce. :handclap::handclap:

For the record, I've been watching hockey since 1984. So I have seen it all. And of course they come in all jerseys. Czechs hit, Russians slash, Canadians dive, and Americans play classy. ;)

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011

Again, I'm not defending diving (and Canadians DO DIVE, sorry to break it to ya). I just think it's far less criminal than injuring the opponent.
I think you should take a look at the stats on that one.. almost all soccer teams lose money. The owners see it as a hobby, not as a business.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Fair enough. A handshake and a truce. :handclap::handclap:

For the record, I've been watching hockey since 1984. So I have seen it all. And of course they come in all jerseys. Czechs hit, Russians slash, Canadians dive, and Americans play classy. ;)

It's the best game in the world. That's why we can get so heated and passionate about it.

And yes I agree Americans are classy.

Cheers

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

And you think this is because of how unaggressive soccer is? Or could it have a little more to do with world wide exposure, based on both climate availability and wealth availability (ie: you can't exactly walk to an outdoor rink in Brazil, and even if you could, 99% of them couldn't afford the equipment to play). Hockey has basically ever element of soccer (with the exception of being allowed to kick the puck in the net), but then you add the players move faster, have sticks to deke with the puck at a greater ability than soccer players can with their feet, shoot harder, plus hit and fight. If the world grew up with the experience and knowledge of hockey I don't see why it wouldn't trump soccer.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
And you think this is because of how unaggressive soccer is? Or could it have a little more to do with world wide exposure, based on both climate availability and wealth availability (ie: you can't exactly walk to an outdoor rink in Brazil, and even if you could, 99% of them couldn't afford the equipment to play). Hockey has basically ever element of soccer (with the exception of being allowed to kick the puck in the net), but then you add the players move faster, have sticks to deke with the puck at a greater ability than soccer players can with their feet, shoot harder, plus hit and fight. If the world grew up with the experience and knowledge of hockey I don't see why it wouldn't trump soccer.

The popularity of soccer versus hockey comes down to essentially what is necessary to play.

kXVTD.jpg

or

tkhLq.jpg

Not as the poster above me said, due to a lack of physicality.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
The popularity of soccer versus hockey comes down to essentially what is necessary to play.

kXVTD.jpg

or

tkhLq.jpg

Not as the poster above me said, due to a lack of physicality.

It actually probably had more to do with complexity and or lack thereof.

Simple games are easy for people to understand and watch and play. People dont like watching games they dont understand.

Probably why football/soccer attracts so many hooligans when compared to rugby. Not much thought is invovled watching the game.

Of course to play you need a lot less to play soccer. Heck you dont even need to have arms.

craigcaulks*

I don't see a difference between diving to win a game, and taking PED's to win a game. Both are methods of cheating and are disgraceful acts.

Might as well add paying the officials and spiking your opponents gatorade. You need to work on your vision and you'll see differences much better.

bearit

Mar 8, 2011
The only reason so many people are upset with the way Canada plays hockey is because they are sick and tired of watching them win so many championships on so many different levels. I totally understand, there have been a few nhl teams i just hated for the same reason.

Fulcrum

The only reason so many people are upset with the way Canada plays hockey is because they are sick and tired of watching them win so many championships on so many different levels. I totally understand, there have been a few nhl teams i just hated for the same reason.

oh man, your point - I can be so mean, but I'll show some respect to Canada, as their international results in the last few years don't really do them justice

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Sure that's a dirty play and worthy of a penalty on Connolly, but aren't you embarrassed by how the Russian player acted like he was shot? That's just embarrassing.

Canucks fan talking here, eh!?! :sarcasm:

Diving/embellishment at the level they're at still (not the NHL, not being paid millions) is just absurd. It's absurd in the NHL, but at least there they have the playoffs and big contracts.

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
Canucks fan talking here, eh!?! :sarcasm:

Diving/embellishment at the level they're at still (not the NHL, not being paid millions) is just absurd. It's absurd in the NHL, but at least there they have the playoffs and big contracts.

i swear horton was embellishing when his neck and both arms were stiff in the air on a 45.. wait n/m, he was out cold.

bearit

Mar 8, 2011
oh man, your point - I can be so mean, but I'll show some respect to Canada, as their international results in the last few years don't really do them justice
I don't think it's fair to judge any country's success in sports over a few years. It wasn't that long ago canada went 7 years without gold at the juniors and then bounced back for 5 straight. There are several top notch hockey nations out there and in a 1 game elimination it's pretty much up for grabs

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
i swear horton was embellishing when his neck and both arms were stiff in the air on a 45.. wait n/m, he was out cold.

Are you trying to imply Horton embellished that hit?! Otherwise I am completely lost. Why would Horton take himself out of the playoffs just so some scrub #7 defenseman would be suspended for the Finals?! :amazed:

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
Are you trying to imply Horton embellished that hit?! Otherwise I am completely lost. Why would Horton take himself out of the playoffs just so some scrub #7 defenseman would be suspended for the Finals?! :amazed:

not at all, i'm simply reminding you your hero was out cold, eyes wide open.

craigcaulks*

You should take your best shot, I promise you it'll miss by a mile.

craigcaulks*

Cmon, the guy showed up at the next game. With all the noise and lights I think we all know Dr Recchi would have forced him to stay home if he was actually hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad