WJC: Yakupov ready to keep " His Cool" against "Dirty" Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
The only reason so many people are upset with the way Canada plays hockey is because they are sick and tired of watching them win so many championships on so many different levels. I totally understand, there have been a few nhl teams i just hated for the same reason.
I'm sorry: what "championships" exactly did Canada win in the past three years? :shakehead

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I'm sorry: what "championships" exactly did Canada win in the past three years? :shakehead

2010 Men's Olympics
2010 Women's Olympics
2011 World Men's 17U Hockey Challenge
2011 Women's 4 Nation's Cup
2011 World Junior A Challenge
2010, 2011, and 2012 U-18 Junior World Cup
2012 Women's World Championships

What is amazing is that we consider this a slump.

Most countries wished they could win this many championships and be in a slump.

LaTenderness*

2010 Men's Olympics
2010 Women's Olympics

Don't be silly everyone knows girls sports don't count

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Don't be silly everyone knows girls sports don't count

As the father of four very competative female athletes who could probably own 99% of the men on this board in everything from track and field to volleyball to basketball to running marathons and triathlons, I find this very offensive.

And no, I am not kidding.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
As the father of four very competative female athletes who could probably own 99% of the men on this board in everything from track and field to volleyball to basketball to running marathons and triathlons, I find this very offensive.

My kids are better than yours!

LaTenderness*

I wouldn't be shy to have any one of them an arm wrestle

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

Wickenheiser, the greatest female hockey player of all time, could only last for 10 games playing in a 3rd-tear Finnish men's league.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
2010 Men's Olympics
2010 Women's Olympics

Please somebody tell me this is a joke.

Kershaw

Doubt it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Wickenheiser, the greatest female hockey player of all time, could only last for 10 games playing in a 3rd-tear Finnish men's league.

And your point is....

What?

I am not saying my girls could beat any pro hockey player at hockey.

I am saying they could destroy just about anyone on here in their chosen sports, so to say "female sports don't count" is pretty damn ignorant in my opinion.

Maybe it is an age thing, but when some of you guys grow up and have daughters (or for that matter, girlfriends), maybe you won't be so insulting to females.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
And your point is....

What?

I am not saying my girls could beat any pro hockey player at hockey.

I am saying they could destroy just about anyone on here in their chosen sports, so to say "female sports don't count" is pretty damn ignorant in my opinion.

Maybe it is an age thing, but when some of you guys grow up and have daughters (or for that matter, girlfriends), maybe you won't be so insulting to females.

No one here is insulting females, if anyone's throwing insults it'd be you suggesting that 99% posters here are athletically inferior to female athletes.

The point is that females are not on the same level as men when it comes to sports - they're not remotely in the same realm. This isn't an insult, it's merely a fact (i.e. the Wickenheiser example), therefore making an argument that Canada has been winning the past 3 years by pointing to women's hockey is absurd.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
No one here is insulting females, if anyone's throwing insults it'd be you suggesting that 99% posters here are athletically inferior to female athletes.

The point is that females are not on the same level as men when it comes to sports - they're not remotely in the same realm. This isn't an insult, it's merely a fact (i.e. the Wickenheiser example), therefore making an argument that Canada has been winning the past 3 years by pointing to women's hockey is absurd.

So women's hockey is absurd? That's still pretty rude.

Junior hockey is inferior to men's hockey. Maybe we should all dismiss the junior tournament as well.

99% of the posters here are not inferior to all females, but they are to elite level athletes I bet. I have seen pictures of my fellow posters. There are not too many marathon runners amongst us, let's be honest. There was a smoking thread a long time ago and more than half of the regulars admitted they were smokers.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Half of the Euro hockey players smoke, but that's besides the point.

The point is that when you're comparing international accomplishments among nations, it's absurd to put women's trophies on par with men's. I mean, that should be obvious...

Kershaw

Half of the Euro hockey players smoke, but that's besides the point.

The point is that when you're comparing international accomplishments among nations, it's absurd to put women's trophies on par with men's. I mean, that should be obvious...

Exactly. I'm sure no one logically considers USA as the top soccer nation in the world. Even though their women's team has dominated the international scene ever since it was professionally introduced.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Where is the joke? Seriously, I have no idea what your post means.
Well, you forgot to mention table hockey! Canada has won the 2012 world cup of table hockey at a friend's place on a friday night. The person representing Canada was not Canadian, but it's worth mentionning imho because the level of play was "very high".

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
2010 Men's Olympics
2010 Women's Olympics

I'm a champion of my family in Monopoly.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Well, you forgot to mention table hockey! Canada has won the 2012 world cup of table hockey at a friend's place on a friday night. The person representing Canada was not Canadian, but it's worth mentionning imho because the level of play was "very high".

Edited. This is now a pointless thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad