Player Discussion Yak Talk Part III: Trade Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
****ing hell.

I feel for Yak has gotten the short straw here and thought that TMac would give him better chance/linemates (he's played really well with Hall and Drai but too little too late).

Oct 30, 2011
Well, I'm not too surprised. He got buried in the line-up. We'll see how this plays out. I don't know about MTL. I mean, there's just as much chance of him not playing with his pal Galchenyuk and then he's outside the top six again, which is why he wanted the trade.

I really wonder where the best fit for him would be.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
I still like yak more than eberle. Both are skilled, neither is or probably ever will be good defensively. Yak is 3.5 mill cheaper. Yes eberle has way more points, but he's been playing with top notch players. The thought of him on a line with letestu would be funny. Yak has looked great in the limited time he's been allowed to play in the top 6. If anyone, letestu should be traded. At least then, we won't have to see him kill our power plays. Lol.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I guess this is the part where I say 'I told you so' back when I made a post about Bob Stauffer opening the kimono on this http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2040595&page=21 and most posters, especially doulous, jumped all over me because Stauffer didn't come right out and say 'oh by the way, Yakupov asked for a trade, but don't tell anyone because I shouldn't be telling you.'
Pretty much explained that he's not that difficult to decypher if you listen to him long enough.
And now people reply to this saying things like 'no d'uh, of course he would have been traded anyways' and 'it's so obvious he doesn't want to be here' and stuff.
Just like The day I posted when Stauffer had the day where he implied Schultz would be traded at the deadline and nobody at that time even thought it would be possible.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not surprised, I assumed as much had happened at some point this year. Completely understandable request from Yakupov at this stage of his career. And kudos to him on not making a story out of it and playing through the year without complaint. It's just time to move on for this player from this organization. I wish him the best wherever he goes, and hope he can succeed somewhere else.

It's been a forgone conclusion for months that Yakupov was gone in the summer. This just reinforces that.

Sincerely though, the best of luck to him wherever he does end up.

I think people will be dreaming if they think the Oilers are going to get any sort of return at all for him though. Usually when you hear something like "his agent has been granted permission to look for a trade" that means there's not many people banging on the door to acquire him.

We'll get a 3rd rounder or something.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
In the article itself Yakupov confirms interest from Montreal, New Jersey, Winnipeg and Carolina, also there were some "two or three teams" aside from those, who showed interest.

Interesting article, thanks

Difficult to sort out through the translator at times, but it does clarify many things. Interesting that he signed the two year bridge contract due to promises that he'd be in the top 6, and then Mact was fired 2 weeks later. It does sound overall like he's lost a lot of trust with the organization, especially after the training camp where he notes that he wouldn't have even gotten an opportunity in the top six if Eberle hadn't gotten injured, and how little of an opportunity he has gotten after that point.

Only thing that seems off is the final line. Google translates it at "No. I think it is possible." with regards to his potential future in Edmonton, every other translation website seems to have it as "No. I think it is excluded." Anyone who is able to read Russian capable of providing a bit of clarity on the translation there?

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So what are the odds that Ryan Rishaug insinuates he's a quitter or something similar when the media scrum hits Yak tomorrow?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Interesting article, thanks

Difficult to sort out through the translator at times, but it does clarify many things. Interesting that he signed the two year bridge contract due to promises that he'd be in the top 6, and then Mact was fired 2 weeks later. It does sound overall like he's lost a lot of trust with the organization, especially after the training camp where he notes that he wouldn't have even gotten an opportunity in the top six if Eberle hadn't gotten injured, and how little of an opportunity he has gotten after that point.

Only thing that seems off is the final line. Google translates it at "No. I think it is possible." with regards to his potential future in Edmonton, every other translation website seems to have it as "No. I think it is excluded." Anyone who is able to read Russian capable of providing a bit of clarity on the translation there?

Last line is 'No. I think it is excluded."

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
This organization has a real knack for destroying players. Don't blame Yak for wanting out of the continuous **** show that is the Oilers.

He was hot garbage the day he set foot in the NHL. He's hardly improved in any aspect and makes Hall look like Hawking.

I wanted him and wanted him to succeed but he has been nothing short of awful here. He can go elsewhere.

I'm tired if you people giving him a free pass. He sucks. He failed to improve his own skills at all. It isn't just on the Oilers.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
So what are the odds that Ryan Rishaug insinuates he's a quitter or something similar when the media scrum hits Yak tomorrow?

just waiting for him and Gregor to bring it

Really wish Yak nothing but the best and hope he flourishes whenever he goes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So basically Yak has been playing 3rd line wing for us.

3rd line winger for 3rd line winger. He's not going to fetch a quality D. We can move another winger for a top 4 D.

Who's big and plays a strong game in the East? I would trade Yakupov for Wilson in a heart beat or something along those lines. Not a draft pick.

Yak probably thrives and does better with veteran leadership around him. He would have a simple role, plus being surrounded by fellow Russian stars would probably be good for him.

I actually want to see Yak thrive, he always gave everything he had come game day. In return we get a grown man on the wing that can battle. Wilson's game is better built for the West and Yak's game is better suited for the East as a role player.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
You're likely looking at a Niederreiter-like return.

Montreal would be a good fit for Yak. Outside of Eller, I could see him finding chemistry with any of their other centres. DLR and a higher mid-pick would be fine for me.

I'd rather avoid a Yak for another young struggling skill player trade (RE: Drouin). Yak flamed out here partially because he has no role in the top 6, you'll just be back to square one.

Focus on bring in guys who can open up the ice for the skill guys, or succeed playing on the lower lines.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Bring in a big winger for him. Maybe we can find a way to get Coyle in some sort of package. He can play 1st, 2nd, 3rd line wing or 2nd, 3rd line centre. Versatile, big, fast, strong.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Guys, his stock is really low.

My expectation for a trade return at this point is two 2nd round picks. That might even be generous.

It's time to move him anyway. Addition by subtraction as he really has nowhere to fit in on this team's forward lines.

Not including a trade of one of our better forwards:

Hall - RNH - Draisaitl
Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Pouliot - ??? - Korpikoski
Hendricks - Letestu - Pakarainen/Kassian (if resigned)

Obviously a hole to fill at no.3 C (unless they break up RNH and Draisaitl). I actually expect that we'll be taking a winger in the draft and that Hall will be dealt for something like Ceci and Lazar.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Stock might be low but we could move him for a big, strong 3rd line winger with decent hands.

No draft picks. Warm body.

We got to win in the Pacific. Big wingers, skill down the middle.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I guess this is the part where I say 'I told you so' back when I made a post about Bob Stauffer opening the kimono on this http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2040595&page=21 and most posters, especially doulous, jumped all over me because Stauffer didn't come right out and say 'oh by the way, Yakupov asked for a trade, but don't tell anyone because I shouldn't be telling you.'
Pretty much explained that he's not that difficult to decypher if you listen to him long enough.
And now people reply to this saying things like 'no d'uh, of course he would have been traded anyways' and 'it's so obvious he doesn't want to be here' and stuff.
Just like The day I posted when Stauffer had the day where he implied Schultz would be traded at the deadline and nobody at that time even thought it would be possible.

I went back and read it. A couple people were just asking for a source. Meaning they didn't hear the show. Get over yourself.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

I dont even know what you are talking about Jack. People asked fro the source like Jek said, and Stauffer throws a lot of crap against the wall hoping that something will stick eventually. Lots of media people have many time implied that eventually he would or that he had at some point ask for a trade. The guys job is to speculate and create interest in the team and his show more specifically, helps that he also, gets tidbits of info from the team that other reporters would not. Please show me where nobody thought it would be possible, everyone knew the return wouldnt be great, which it wasnt. Schutz when we got him was the equivalent of getting a top 5 pick according to most, we dealt him for a late 3rd, which 85% of the time ends up being nothing.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
From an outsiders perspective, Drouin is the much more valuable project since he's still unproven whereas Yak is the failed project since he hasn't shown he's capable of playing top 6 minutes since his rookie year.

Most EDM fans had also said prior to the trade request that they'd rather keep him as he's becoming a very solid bottom 6 player (in the last Yak thread, in the 2nd half). Drouin has much higher upside than a bottom 6 player.

As for an offer, I was nearly crucified and sent some angry PMs last time I suggested our 2nd rounder (38th) for him, has that opinion changed yet? If not, what would it take from the habs? Please don't say Beaulieu, he's shaping up to be a #4 for us.

Rightfully so.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

It's pretty much the entire TSN crew [Rishaug, Gregor] that have this Anti-Yak agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad