Player Discussion Yak Talk Part III: Trade Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

Eberle struggling to score 17 goals on the 3rd line (hypothetically) is still better than Yakupov struggling to score 7 (reality).

Why does Yakupovs struggles always come full circle to Eberle? Why does it have to be one or the other? Why attack Eberle (who also has shortcomings) because of where the coach puts Yakupov into the lineup?

Then I'm sure every team in the league will recognize his value (your perceived value)? What do you expect for him on trade? Whats he worth?

Eberle has produced just fine without McDavid.

someone mentioned Brett Connolly as an example.

I'd say Yakupov is better than Connolly was pre-trade.

To Washington for their 1st rounder. Might find a second life playing alongside fellow Russians.

Agreed, he was not the player the Oiler should have taken and would be nice to see yet another Oiler player become a success after leaving the city of losers.

The list as I see it:

1.) Dubnyk, has won two thirds of his starts in Minny. Pretty much their MVP.
2.) Petry, gets trade for next to nothing and becomes steading force playing on the top defensive pairing
3.) Schultz, gets run out of town and is a plus player and gaining confidence. Likely reforms his career.

I really thought adding McJesus, Todd and Pete would have had these sad sacks at least sniffing at the playoffs instead same old oilers.

See ya Yak. Ebs can go too.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
This organization has a real knack for destroying players. Don't blame Yak for wanting out of the continuous **** show that is the Oilers.

More or less. I'll be real sad to see him go, but I suppose at this point the bridges have been beyond burnt. Guess I need a new jersey, lol.

Maybe we patch things up and keep him over the summer? All this team ever has given me so far is false hope, so I guess I can keep on hoping...

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I'll probably get slaughtered as I'm assuming the expectations for a Yak return will be high, but I'll just chime in anyways.

Would you guys be open to Daniel Carr? Most Habs fans say that they wouldn't do it considering he was playing first line minutes in Gallagher's role when Gally got injured. Sadly for Carr, he got a 3month knee injury, but everyone seems really high on him. Essentially a 6 foot version of Gallagher.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Sad to see Yak go. He's kind of an enigma, some nights you see him and he looks lights out, then others and you wonder what the heck he's doing. I think theres a player there, but I can't help but think we'll be disappointed with the return. Sucks, to throw an entire season away for basically nothing.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
where ever he goes I hope the best for him...

Eakins killed him and the oilers then lost faith in him

Did great with Nelson and I still think he can repeat that

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I'll probably get slaughtered as I'm assuming the expectations for a Yak return will be high, but I'll just chime in anyways.

Would you guys be open to Daniel Carr? Most Habs fans say that they wouldn't do it considering he was playing first line minutes in Gallagher's role when Gally got injured. Sadly for Carr, he got a 3month knee injury, but everyone seems really high on him. Essentially a 6 foot version of Gallagher.

Sure, why the hell not.
Sends him out of conference and lets him play with his buddy. Carr looks legit enough to fight for a roster spot.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Hopefully both sides re-evaluate at this point.

Trading Yak shouldn't be a priority but if he can be part of the right deal then do it.

No reason to trade him just for the sake of it.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Trading Yak shouldn't be a priority but if he can be part of the right deal then do it.

I'd trade him for the sake of replacing him with a player that can actually positively contribute to the lineup on more than a one off basis.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Considering he has now gone public with his trade demand, during a stretch where he's finally getting an opportunity with other skill players; it's probably a relationship that is beyond repair at this point.

Keeping around someone who wants out badly enough to state it in the media(with all the added scrutiny and pressure that would go with doing that), would be a bad idea for both the team and the player.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Not surprising at all. The fans and the media expected him to go at the deadline. Since it didn't happen, he'll be either gone at the draft or in the off season. Clearly he needs to move on and when that happens I'll wish him nothing but the best.

WhyteAveJesus

Aug 24, 2015
Edmonton, AB
It honestly seemed like he was playing as though he was trying to earn his spot on the roster next year, was kind of disappointed when I heard this news but I can't say I blame him.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I'd say project for project - Yak for Drouin. Both not working out in their respective cities so maybe win-win for both

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I think the number of players who actually request to be trade would surprise a lot of people. Granted not all of them end up getting traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese