Player Discussion Yak Talk Part III: Trade Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Thanks, just figured that out. I was busy having Easter. Well, that's kind of sad, kind of answers a lot of questions though. I figured something was up earlier in the season.

Someone needs to find out what the deal is with Yak and his teammates. I hate gossip, but it's been sour milk all year. I'd kill to find out a teammate's opinion.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I think the number of players who actually request to be trade would surprise a lot of people. Granted not all of them end up getting traded.

I'd say you're right. Hemsky had his bags packed and a destination in mind several trade deadlines in a row. What if said player is untradeable (for similar asset)? He stays.

Though I hope Yak goes. The team needs to move on, everyone needs to buy in. I suspect that's the issue from a locker room point of view.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Someone needs to find out what the deal is with Yak and his teammates. I hate gossip, but it's been sour milk all year. I'd kill to find out a teammate's opinion.

Oh yeah, I know we've both been thinking about that a lot. I'm not imagining that Letestu would rather have a root canal than be passing Yak the puck. Its been very strange.

The other night its a 4 man break out and Hall passes to Clendenning who fumbles the opportunity. Stuff like that happening regularly.

I don't know we'll hear that much, maybe we will, but Yak will be buried for it. Interesting in his comments that it all changed for him with the 2 game Eakins benching a couple of games into his sophomore year. We all thought that strange at the time, of course so did Yak. He had led the team in scoring the previous year, as a rookie. Starts the next season getting benched by an idiot coach.

I'd want to lol but this hurts a bit.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'd say you're right. Hemsky had his bags packed and a destination in mind several trade deadlines in a row. What if said player is untradeable (for similar asset)? He stays.

Though I hope Yak goes. The team needs to move on, everyone needs to buy in. I suspect that's the issue from a locker room point of view.

I hope he goes as well, to somewhere like Carolina, where he wont be a target for cheap shots from the crazy Canadian media. Maybe in a package for Faulk :sarcasm:

I seriously dont understand why he wasnt tried with McDavid at all after McDavid came back from injury. I dont know if they are trying as hard as possible to up Eberle's value, or if they think he truly is the only RW on the roster worthy of playing with Connor.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
It's funny how the Yak thread died for a couple of weeks while he was playing good, but then this comes out and all of a sudden the same guys are back making the same posts again.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I don't want Drouin's pissy attitude here.

They're both pretty pissy IMO...Yak just happens to handle it better lately. Don't forget, Yak/Larionov threw a hissy fit few years ago so it's not like he hasn't tried the same stunt.

Avenger*

I'd say project for project - Yak for Drouin. Both not working out in their respective cities so maybe win-win for both

Don't need anymore small, skilled forwards especially ones that are a project.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I don't think it's a big deal if he asks for a trade request or not. Years ago Sergie Samsonov, Glen Murray, Joe Thornton in Boston all had a clique and it was totally broken apart very fast - best player and captain traded.

Yakupov's on ice performance will be what decides his fate. A good G.M. isn't going to let Letestu or Hall or whoever has issues with Yak stand in his way. If he shows game in and game out he can give a solid performance and be accountable there will be no issues.

Lot of times players ask for trades, and alot of times G.M.s like the player enough that they work hard to try make it work.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Just so I'm clear... there's a big fuss because a player who felt under utilized asked to be traded before the deadline? Didn't go public or make a stink about it or mail it in... just kept playing hard and trying to contribute and the only reason we know about it is one translated excerpt from an interview in russian and for all we know the next line could have been "but things are great now"?

Just making sure I have this clear... was at the in-law's and saw the topic headings and thought this was breaking news

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He was getting traded this summer whether he requested it or not. This doesn't change anything.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Not really surprising to read that. I love Yak but it's probably best for a fresh start for both parties I think. I'll be rooting for him wherever he ends up.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Not really surprising to read that. I love Yak but it's probably best for a fresh start for both parties I think. I'll be rooting for him wherever he ends up.

Agreed. He's a very likeable player. I don't know there is a player on the team that loves when any Oiler scores more than him.

I'll be sad to see him go. I wish him nothing but the best. I also look forward to the reports of his 'attitude problems' disappearing as soon as he is on another team.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He was getting traded this summer whether he requested it or not. This doesn't change anything.

it probably hurt his value though, whatever was left of it.

Count me in favour of a Drouin swap if Tampa will have it.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
He can take his "hustle and energy" and go ply it elsewhere, probably back in the KHL when I look him up on hockeydb in five years.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'd say project for project - Yak for Drouin. Both not working out in their respective cities so maybe win-win for both

From an outsiders perspective, Drouin is the much more valuable project since he's still unproven whereas Yak is the failed project since he hasn't shown he's capable of playing top 6 minutes since his rookie year.

Most EDM fans had also said prior to the trade request that they'd rather keep him as he's becoming a very solid bottom 6 player (in the last Yak thread, in the 2nd half). Drouin has much higher upside than a bottom 6 player.

As for an offer, I was nearly crucified and sent some angry PMs last time I suggested our 2nd rounder (38th) for him, has that opinion changed yet? If not, what would it take from the habs? Please don't say Beaulieu, he's shaping up to be a #4 for us.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
From an outsiders perspective, Drouin is the much more valuable project since he's still unproven whereas Yak is the failed project since he hasn't shown he's capable of playing top 6 minutes since his rookie year.

Most EDM fans had also said prior to the trade request that they'd rather keep him as he's becoming a very solid bottom 6 player (in the last Yak thread, in the 2nd half). Drouin has much higher upside than a bottom 6 player.

As for an offer, I was nearly crucified and sent some angry PMs last time I suggested our 2nd rounder (38th) for him, has that opinion changed yet? If not, what would it take from the habs? Please don't say Beaulieu, he's shaping up to be a #4 for us.

Not really interested in what Montreal can offer. They have always been poor trading partners who do not have the assets the Oilers need. I'm sure Larionov would want that team to be at the bottom of the list as well.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Drouin is less proven, which does help his cause, but he's shown much more of a bad attitude than Yakupov, who has at least worked his tail off and showed up every day ready to put the work in. Drouin struggled in the AHL and then started sitting out and pouting.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not really interested in what Montreal can offer. They have always been poor trading partners who do not have the assets the Oilers need. I'm sure Larionov would want that team to be at the bottom of the list as well.

How come?

Drouin is less proven, which does help his cause, but he's shown much more of a bad attitude than Yakupov, who has at least worked his tail off and showed up every day ready to put the work in. Drouin struggled in the AHL and then started sitting out and pouting.

True, Drouin does have a **** personality...but IIRC, it was said he had 15 teams interested in him. I think a Yak for Drouin deal is possible but imo EDM will probably add, idk if you guys are OK with adding or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00