Yahoo fantasy hockey league

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I'm in but depends on the settings. I won't do a 2 goalie league again, I want head to head, and I want PIM included.

Call me picky, but I want to be in a well organized thought-out league.

I can't guarantee anything. What I will say is we will all have to agree on settings and such to make it as fun and competitive as possible. The league will be head to head, and will likely have PIM included. Also this league will probably be capped at 14 teams.

I'm more than happy to send you an invite, but be warned, you may not get every wish you want. But it will be set up based on the popular opinion rather than what I want.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I'm all for a single-league format, it will promote competitiveness for when the typical few players drop out. One larger league with 1 goalie per team isn't a bad idea.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I can't guarantee anything. What I will say is we will all have to agree on settings and such to make it as fun and competitive as possible. The league will be head to head, and will likely have PIM included. Also this league will probably be capped at 14 teams.

I'm more than happy to send you an invite, but be warned, you may not get every wish you want. But it will be set up based on the popular opinion rather than what I want.

I'd like for hits to be added as well. 0.5 pts per hit

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Rather have hits than PIMs. I see no validity to rewarding misconducts. I get the fights, even though most are staged. I get that sometimes taking a trip or hook is a good thing. Roughing for standing up for teammates is good. But slashes, high sticks, boarding, etc are NEVER something to be hoped for. Hell, even a delay can sometimes be not the dumbest thing to do. But when the hell is intent to injure something we want? Until there is a way to separate the worthwhile PIMs from the bad, I do not like having them be something we might want more of.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Rather have hits than PIMs. I see no validity to rewarding misconducts. I get the fights, even though most are staged. I get that sometimes taking a trip or hook is a good thing. Roughing for standing up for teammates is good. But slashes, high sticks, boarding, etc are NEVER something to be hoped for. Hell, even a delay can sometimes be not the dumbest thing to do. But when the hell is intent to injure something we want? Until there is a way to separate the worthwhile PIMs from the bad, I do not like having them be something we might want more of.

I'd want both. that way guys like matt martin and radko gudas have quite a bit of value when if it's just scoring they are worthless.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I agree PIM is an odd catagory as it rewards stupid players, but I do like the added complexity if theres going to be a decent number of people.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
You guys look into it too much. Hockey pools are about competing about stats. PIM is a stat and should be looked at as such.

Edit: And while it may reward someone playing fantasy hockey, it does not reward the actual player. I don't know where that came from?

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I've played fantasy football for years, but never fantasy hockey. I'm too lazy to look it up, how does it work? Are there weekly matchups? Since players have different amount of games in a week, how is that handled? I could play if you guys need another.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've played fantasy football for years, but never fantasy hockey. I'm too lazy to look it up, how does it work? Are there weekly matchups? Since players have different amount of games in a week, how is that handled? I could play if you guys need another.

You have to manage your roster on a daily basis with weekly match ups. Benches are usually larger to swap players out. A big goal is to have as full of a team playing on a daily basis.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

You won't be able to please everyone for sure no matter how hard you try- that's why I was asking for details. I'd rather see the league settings first and then decide if I'm in.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
You won't be able to please everyone for sure no matter how hard you try- that's why I was asking for details. I'd rather see the league settings first and then decide if I'm in.

Problem is, I don't really want to set the league settings up without input from all of the managers. I can't rally do that until the league is full.

Anyway, we do still have spots, so anyone who would like to participate should PM me.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
My e-mail is my username at yahoo, so feel free to send a league invite. Still have one of those old accounts for fantasy.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Named my team the Corsi All-Stars.

Logged back in to check the league and it said "You are not worthy of corsi".

Was confused, then realized that was the league name.

Touché hockeyfish, touché.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You guys look into it too much. Hockey pools are about competing about stats. PIM is a stat and should be looked at as such.

Edit: And while it may reward someone playing fantasy hockey, it does not reward the actual player. I don't know where that came from?

I agree with this sentiment to an extent, but if it was in between those two categories, i'd much rather it be one that has an a positive impact in the game.

Obviously couldn't do it with Yahoo, but you could easily just start adding Game misconducts and injuring players to a league as stats. Stats should follow some sort of logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad