Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Wow. No kidding.

It's not a bad squad though, at all.

It seems like it has just enough big names mixed in with a few people who have the potential to have big years if they can make it happen.

And if they make it happen, I think this is gonna be fun.

Okay, so, someone want to link me to a fantasy hockey basics thing so I can actually do crap properly before games start tomorrow?

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
It seems like it has just enough big names mixed in with a few people who have the potential to have big years if they can make it happen.

And if they make it happen, I think this is gonna be fun.

Okay, so, someone want to link me to a fantasy hockey basics thing so I can actually do crap properly before games start tomorrow?

Well, basically, you can change rosters once a week. Every Monday you pick your weekly roster and those players will score points for you.

In another topic, I'm looking to trade a center for a LW/winger. I've got Mikko Koivu, Brad Richards and Jonathan Toews as active centers so I'm forced to bench Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. It's not an ideal situation to say the least.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Hm, so we only get to adjust lineups once a week? So were screwed if there's a mid-week injury then? Hmmmm.

I thought there was going to be a way to select lineups on a per day basis. Then again I have not really looked at the interface too much yet.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Hm, so we only get to adjust lineups once a week? So were screwed if there's a mid-week injury then? Hmmmm.

I thought there was going to be a way to select lineups on a per day basis. Then again I have not really looked at the interface too much yet.

The II league actually changed this to "daily". I'm considering doing the same, but I need to ask other's opinion on the subject first. I also need someone from Yahoo staff to do it as it can't normally be changed after the draft.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Well, basically, you can change rosters once a week. Every Monday you pick your weekly roster and those players will score points for you.

In another topic, I'm looking to trade a center for a LW/winger. I've got Mikko Koivu, Brad Richards and Jonathan Toews as active centers so I'm forced to bench Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. It's not an ideal situation to say the least.

I'm very much offering Benn for Toews straight up. Can't stand to lose Pavelec for Crawford, at least not yet.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
The II league actually changed this to "daily". I'm considering doing the same, but I need to ask other's opinion on the subject first. I also need someone from Yahoo staff to do it as it can't normally be changed after the draft.

Do it once a week sucks

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Now would be a good time to change from weekly to daily rosters. If you dont have time to do it, make me co-comish for a day and I'll do it.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Now would be a good time to change from weekly to daily rosters. If you dont have time to do it, make me co-comish for a day and I'll do it.

I contacted the support staff regarding this issue just now, so it should be set to daily fairly soon depending on their workload.

By the way, if anyone would like to apply for the co-commish position, send me a PM and I'll consider it. I'd be glad to take two guys in so we'd have 3 commissioners.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I contacted the support staff regarding this issue just now, so it should be set to daily fairly soon depending on their workload.

By the way, if anyone would like to apply for the co-commish position, send me a PM and I'll consider it. I'd be glad to take two guys in so we'd have 3 commissioners.

You cant change it in the comissioner tools? It would be nice to be able to set a lineup for todays games.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
You cant change it in the comissioner tools? It would be nice to be able to set a lineup for todays games.

Not after the draft, no.

And Puhis, it took Yahoo about ~3-4 hours to get back to me for changing it. They did it for me and I had no problems.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
*grumbles*

Will I be able to change my lineup for tonight when it goes through? Or are we going to be able to change things for tomorrow and forward only?

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
*grumbles*

Will I be able to change my lineup for tonight when it goes through? Or are we going to be able to change things for tomorrow and forward only?

If it is set to weekly, i think you can set your lineup in the weekly window... just a pain, but you can still adjust it, i think...

there are some wonky things going on with yahoo...

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If it is set to weekly, i think you can set your lineup in the weekly window... just a pain, but you can still adjust it, i think...

there are some wonky things going on with yahoo...

Nope. Cant change my lineup for this week. Can only change my lineup for next week.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Okay, I've got a response from the Yahoo staff regarding daily rosters:

Hello Joonas,
Thank you for being a Yahoo! user since 2011.
I understand you would like to be able to allow daily roster changes in your Fantasy league. I'm happy to help with this matter.
Leagues currently configured for weekly lineup changes, such as yours, can be changed to daily leagues only on the day before your current lineup deadline.

Example: If your league is currently a Weekly on Monday league, this change can be made on Sunday only. Changes on any other day would result in corrupted rosters.

As a result, we have scheduled your league to be changed over to daily roster changes on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013.

Also, if you do not specify which type of "Daily" roster format you would like, we will automatically edit your league settings to the Daily-Tomorrow format. However, if you would like the Daily-Today setting that is outlined below, please respond to this email and we'll be more than happy to make this change for you. Daily roster moves and lineup changes will be available once we process this change.

Please advise your team owners of the following:
Any roster moves (add/drop, starter/bench, trades) made prior to the changeover will still take place on the day currently used for Weekly changes.
On the day the changeover is scheduled, please do not add any players to your roster through free agency. If a player who is involved in a pending transaction is picked up as a free agent on this day, it is possible that your leagues rosters will be corrupted.
As mentioned above, we have scheduled your league to be transitioned to the "Daily - Tomorrow" format. The following is a description of the two available daily formats:
Daily - Tomorrow is the standard format for the game. With this setting any player drop or add you process from free agency, waivers, or via trades impacts your lineup for the following day. This setting requires you to plan a day in advance for all new player acquisitions but it also allows more flexibility as you can drop a player after they have played that day since the drop will not impact today's roster.
Daily - Today enables you to make adds or drops for the same day as long as that player's game has not started. This setting is appealing but it has a few drawbacks. With this setting your managers would need to be able to make player adds and drops each morning before the daily slate of games starts. Once a player's game starts, you are not able to waive them if they are in a starting roster position until 12:01 AM PT the next morning. Bench players can be waived, but if a player gets injured during a game, and you want to waive them you will have to wait until the next day if you had them active.
We value your interest in Yahoo! Fantasy Sports. If you have further comments or questions, please feel free to reply to this email and we will gladly assist you.
Thanks,
Jose
Yahoo! Customer Care
www.yahoo.com

TL;DR: The change will be made this Sunday, because it can't be made earlier. Please don't add/drop any players on that day, as there is a chance the rosters might become corrupted.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
It's on now and roster changes are on daily basis. Some serious ass kicking going on.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I don't even know what that means.

Eklund is a "reporter" who likes to make up a lot of stuff when it comes to trades. Whenever he posts a rumor on his website or on twitter, he'll end it with the letter e and then a number. "E1" means he barely has any sources or it is unlikely to to happen. "E5" is that he's heard it from a bunch of people and it is super close to happening. The thing is, is that Eklund is a joke and you can't ever pay attention to what he says.

Puhis is working on a trade in your league and he followed it up with a good likelihood of happening. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad