OT: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Well, seeing as the lockout is over and NHL season is supposed to start in a week, I was thinking if we wanted to have a fantasy hockey league again?

Yes?

Don't worry, I already created a league. We used Yahoo last year, so I thought it might be the preferred option. Frankly, this was my first time creating any sort of league so anything better than a disaster is a good thing.

Draft is now set at Thursday, January 17th 3.00 PM (15:00) CST/11.00 PM (23:00) EET. It's a live draft, so make sure you'll be there or you'll get stuck with Kyle Turris and James Sheppard like I did last year. If you can't make it, inform me in this thread or via PM and send me your preferred time. If the majority feel they can't make it, we can work something out, change the time or the date. I'd like to have the draft ASAP because the league is supposed to start at January 19th.

There are 10 open manager spots. First come, first serve-basis as usual.

Good luck!

[FIELDSET="Managers (10/10)"]
- Puhis (Laguna Seca Drifters)
- Tartan (Church of Yeo)
- Avder (Will Tank for Beer)
- elnewby (Fluttering Sauce)
- MNBadger (Benn'd Over Brodziak)
- Victorious Secret (Victorious Secret)
- hirawl (Double Yellow Liners)
- bear1 (Gris)
- Sharppi (Camel Toews)
- goatvindaloo (Team Torgo)

0 SPOTS OPEN!

WE'RE FULL
!

[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I would love to join!! Is there anyway you could push back the draft time until around 2 or 3 CST? I will be at work on Thursday and I have no Internet access.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Well, the latest I'm able to start the draft is 8.45. I personally would have nothing against it being held later in the day, but sadly, I can't select anything later than that for some reason.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
You Finns and your time! Oh well, maybe I will leave work a hour early to catch the draft. I will check to see if yahoo has a iPhone app maybe I can do it though my phone.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Well, actually it looks like I can't set the time after 8.45 PM but I can change the time zone :laugh:

I've set it to 3 PM CST (11 PM EET for fellow Finns). I think most of us should make it.

EDIT: The earliest I can set it to is 4 PM CST. :facepalm: Will set it to that, then. It's Friday, not like you've got anything better to do anyway.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I am down but we probably wanna keep it to 16 also unlike when I ran it last year don't give too many points for sog.....

Tartan

Sweet Dreams
Dec 19, 2011
Saint Paul
Don't know if I can make it to the draft, so if not, I will make a very good auto pick list. Good luck to you all.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I am down but we probably wanna keep it to 16 also unlike when I ran it last year don't give too many points for sog.....

16? Hmm. I can edit that, sure. Remember to put your team name in this thread so I can keep track of who's who. I guess Lapa and Tartan have joined, no?

I have the scoring currently set to following:

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Category Value

1. [1.5] Goals (G)
    [1] Assists (A)
    [1] Points (P)
    [0.5] Plus/Minus (+/-)
    [1] Powerplay Goals (PPG)
    [1] Powerplay Assists (PPA)
    [1] Powerplay Points (PPP)
    [2] Shorthanded Goals (SHG)
    [1.5] Shorthanded Assists (SHA)
    [1.5] Shorthanded Points (SHP)
    [2] Game-Winning Goals (GWG)
    [0.2] Shots on Goal (SOG)
    [0.1] Faceoffs Won (FW)
    [0.2] Hits (HIT)
    [0.5] Blocks (BLK)

Goaltenders Stat Category Value

• [3] Wins (W)
    [0.3] Saves (SV)
    [5] Shutouts (SHO)

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Cool thanks for changing the draft time Max! I'm totally drafting Jared Spurgeon and going to trade him to you. I would get a very nice return from you!

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I'll read up on how fantasy hockey works, and then decide if I want to join later tonight

Very similar to fantasy football. You know fantasy football, you'll get fantasy hockey pretty easy.

EDIT: Registered as McDangles

EDIT 2: Can we limit this to 10 or 12 players rather than 16?

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
And quick question: Autodraft will get me the best ranked player available and one for each slot I have, right? Cause I may need to autodraft depending on what my thursday looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad