GDT: XXXVI | "Boxing Day Bonus" | Battle of Alberta | 12.27.22 | Saddledome | 7:00 PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
Holy crap I just checked the record. I went one further seeing what the Oilers are like after Xmas-NYE since 2015 Its not pretty. Collective record of 2W 10L 5OTL

This team has basically been cooking Turkeys constantly in the McDrai era post Xmas time frame. That is a disgusting degree of don't give a shit displayed in those games. A very clear pattern, confirmed.

Surprised it was so bad. I doubt any team is worse post Xmas-NYE
I see their record nicely matches their effort level.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Heard they might be switching to Sunwing. ;)
Said to my wife today, under what circumstances would a potential customer ever think of booking with them going forward? To actually tell your stranded customers that you will not actively look for alternate ways to patriate them home and that they are on their own to find a way back, when stuck in a foreign country. Ya no thanks, never again.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Said to my wife today, under what circumstances would a potential customer ever think of booking with them going forward? To actually tell your stranded customers that you will not actively look for alternate ways to patriate them home and that they are on their own to find a way back, when stuck in a foreign country. Ya no thanks, never again.
Anytime we've ever flown, when you're at the airport looking at the arrivals/departures board to make sure your flight is still on time, the one thing that always consistently caught my eye was how many of the Sunwing flights were always delayed. Used to love flying with Airtransat, but sadly they don't fly out of Edmonton anymore. Sunwing has taken over as the 'best' alternative for tropical destination flights. But we still have never considered using them. Will be interesting to see if Westjet's bid to purchase Sunwing gets approved in the spring.

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Anytime we've ever flown, when you're at the airport looking at the arrivals/departures board to make sure your flight is still on time, the one thing that always consistent;ly caught my eye was how many of the Sunwing flights were always delayed. Used to love flying with Airtransat, but sadly they don't fly out of Edmonton anymore. Sunwing has taken over as the 'best' alternative for tropical destination flights. But we still have never considered using them. Will be interesting to see if Westjet's bid to purchase Sunwing gets approved in the spring.

Sunwing used to be great, but went downhill over the years and nothing compared to the first flight with them: comp sparkling wine on the way there, food, in flight entertainment and good service. Our return from Playa del Carmen the beginning of November was a gong show (24 hour delay, had to stay at a different resort for the extra night hit they footed the bill). Nothing compared to what these people are going through though. Get travel insurance, folks!

Reactions: brentashton

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sunwing used to be great, but went downhill over the years and nothing compared to the first flight with them: comp sparkling wine on the way there, food, in flight entertainment and good service. Our return from Playa del Carmen the beginning of November was a gong show (24 hour delay, had to stay at a different resort for the extra night hit they footed the bill). Nothing compared to what these people are going through though. Get travel insurance, folks!

I will walk before ever taking a Sunwing flight.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Sounds like Wardair back in the day. That was great airline.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Been getting freezing rain all day here in the Hat. I see it's not much different in Calgary.
Better than the weather u got last week I bet. Wasn’t it -30?
We still haven’t gone below -5 here yet and there is still no snow. It’s actually suppose to be +10 here all weekend
This reminds me of a winter we had @ 7 years ago. We never got snow till Jan 26 then it snowed every Wednesday for 3.5 months

Reactions: oilers'72

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
You had bad experiences with Wardair? I flew them once and thought they were upper echelon. That may have been before they started their turn towards forced sale to CAI.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
jpJ1RPd.jpg

Why not the Winnipeg Jets..... Maybe those no airport rumors are true..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Totally missed that. I'm just young enough to have missed out on the Golden age of flying. So that the first flight of significance we took was 89 because we couldn't ever afford to before. Just at the cusp of where semi decent service ended albeit our flight back from Heathrow (Air Canada both ways) was an absolute nightmare. 3hrs just to check in with lineups and almost missed plane. Every flight I've ever had has had abominable check in, customs lines, delays etc. The least deviation we've ever had on international flights was a 3hr delay. Not even counting extra stops that were just added after booking. I don't even attempt to fly anywhere ever during busy seasons. I sure wouldn't now.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Sunwing is certainly the worst but air travel in Canada overall is a mess. Airlines can’t (or dont want to) get their acts together and regulators aren’t doing anything to hold them accountable. Between the feds shit show with passports and turning a blind eye to the mess happening in air travel it really seems like they don‘t want people travelling.

Charter flight and small aircraft services are making up more of the market now. Still more expensive but it wont be long until costs are near business class on a commercial flight, depending on travel.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sunwing is certainly the worst but air travel in Canada overall is a mess. Airlines can’t (or dont want to) get their acts together and regulators aren’t doing anything to hold them accountable. Between the feds shit show with passports and turning a blind eye to the mess happening in air travel it really seems like they don‘t want people travelling.

Charter flight and small aircraft services are making up more of the market now. Still more expensive but it wont be long until costs are near business class on a commercial flight, depending on travel.

I fly a lot and have to say Air Canada has really upped their game over the past few years while Westjet has gone the other way. At least that’s been my experience. Air Canada has been great in sorting out any issues as well.

That said KLM is what I take when I go to Europe which is at least twice a year. Direct to Amsterdam from Edmonton which is awesome and the service level makes Air Canada seem like Sunwing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Is Porter any good? They just started flying out of Edmonton. Sound promising

The current feds need to f*** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad